Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Car Race in Nigeria? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Car Race in Nigeria? (3296 Views)

Race Car-Toks 2009 Sport Edition Mitsubishi Lancer 4 Sale @ 1.3m Asking Price / Honda Accord Turbo- 2000 Model ( Sport Race Edition ) ;d / Car Race In Lagos(dare Devuls Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Race in Nigeria? by rock2(m): 9:20am On Aug 22, 2006
I'm a big fan of racing games and when i started driving (like 6 years ago) i had problems using the brakes because we don't in racing games except you want to make a turn. sometimes now,  i want some kind of real race driving (high speed and drifts). i have this idea of shutting down the roads late in the night (which is not possible) and organizing some car races,  think need for speed underground 2 (game). if you are like me, what ideas do you have?
Re: Car Race in Nigeria? by iice(f): 12:33pm On Aug 22, 2006
Hmmm, i like that idea grin grin When i was in Abj years ago, we used to race at night or early morn, good thing we ddnt get caught by the cops grin grin(I know why sha lmao) Am liking the underground racing thing or the fast and the furious thing lol. . Know a couple of people who race but sadly not in naija sha. . Hey goodluck, am sure there are racers like you here who will give you some ideas grin
Re: Car Race in Nigeria? by rock2(m): 8:21am On Aug 26, 2006
Thanks lice. I guess we nigerians are more concerned about making a living and would not like a little risky adrenaline sport.
Re: Car Race in Nigeria? by suprted(m): 9:43am On Aug 26, 2006
before lekki, or the park view estate place started to get built up, it would have been a good place to race.
Re: Car Race in Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 12, 2009
Count me in if ur ready. all I need to know is the time and venue and am game, By theway just heard about the Arugungu Car Rally from Abuja to Argungu. Does anybody know about this? I cant believe a woman has been beating all the men to it, Cant wait to show her who the real terror on wheel is, angry
Re: Car Race in Nigeria? by iice(f): 5:28pm On Aug 24, 2009
dukeolumde:

Count me in if your ready. all I need to know is the time and venue and am game, By theway just heard about the Arugungu Car Rally from Abuja to Argungu. Does anybody know about this? I cant believe a woman has been beating all the men to it, Cant wait to show her who the real terror on wheel is, angry

Rofl grin grin
I'd be terror on 2 wheels cheesy
Re: Car Race in Nigeria? by holythug(m): 5:30pm On Aug 24, 2009
hmmm, i guess
wat type of cars, r u sure its not keke napep race
Re: Car Race in Nigeria? by FARAMADE(m): 5:46pm On Aug 24, 2009
Before you do any car racing that you have not been trained for, or that is not organized by any agency please have the following ready

1. Coffin (enough for all drivers and spectators)
2. Ambulance for survivors ( don't blame government for not providing one, yes I am sure a crash will happen )
3. Don't forget to write your "will"
4. More Coffins
Re: Car Race in Nigeria? by iice(f): 5:50pm On Aug 24, 2009
rofl.
Re: Car Race in Nigeria? by gestapo(f): 6:00pm On Aug 24, 2009
FARAMADE:

Before you do any car racing that you have not been trained for, or that is not organized by any agency please have the following ready

2. Ambulance for survivors ( don't blame government for not providing one, yes I am sure a crash will happen )
4. More Coffins

ROTFLMAO !!!
Re: Car Race in Nigeria? by eros(m): 9:35pm On Aug 24, 2009
FARAMADE:

4. More Coffins

You are one funny dude, grin grin grin However, there are alot of Nigerians out there who are very good drivers even at top speed. So, its really not a big deal doing car racing here in naija. I love the idea and would want to be a part of it. Bring it on cool wink smiley
Re: Car Race in Nigeria? by FARAMADE(m): 10:34pm On Aug 24, 2009
eros:

You are one funny dude, grin grin grin However, there are alot of Nigerians out there who are very good drivers even at top speed. So, its really not a big deal doing car racing here in naija. I love the idea and would want to be a part of it. Bring it on cool wink smiley

Eros, my advice goes to anyone who is thinking of joining any kind of car (drag) racing worldwide, do it only if you have been trained for it ie you are a professional, and participate in it only if it is well planned with local authority because it takes only one mishap for a fun event to turn into funeral party.

By the way what made you think my comment has anything to do with Naija driving  habit. Auto crashes happen in the US everyday through this kind of activity and people have actually lost their lives in a country with excellent Emergency medical responders, what do you think the result will be in Nigeria if a car plough into a group of people, I am sure it will take more than 5 minutes for the police and ambulance to arrive, and my brother in situations like that, arrival time can be the difference between life and death, even if they do arrive on time, what kind of life saving equipment do they have.

Please visit this pages below, they show you the danger of what you are about to do. If after you read it, you will not back down, then don't forget my earlier advice, as a matter of fact make sure you inform your wife and children because it might be your last day on earth and I am dead serious about it. I am not against courageous actions and exemplary bravery what I don't like is meaningless courage and unnecessary bravery.

http://queenscrap..com/2009/08/drag-racing-accident-in-fresh-meadows.html

http://www.newyorkinjurynews.com/2009/08/14/nypd-investigates-possible-unlawful-drag-racing-that-injured-2_20090814690.html

A professional driver die live on TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_XkBv_zt1w

11 year old die in drag racing

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=6962770
Re: Car Race in Nigeria? by 190: 11:08pm On Aug 24, 2009
i guess every racer shud use a yaris 4 the race
but i aint Joinin dont wanna die now
our roads have so much speedbrakes and
pot holes
so each driver shud carry his coffin on top of his vehicule wen the time comes
i wud be a spectator that mornin or nite
Re: Car Race in Nigeria? by FARAMADE(m): 11:15pm On Aug 24, 2009
eros:

eros, your tagline says"What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step." and I say " what kills a man is to compete in one speed racing. Then another speed racing.
Re: Car Race in Nigeria? by FARAMADE(m): 11:18pm On Aug 24, 2009
190:

i guess every racer shud use a yaris 4 the race
but i aint Joinin dont wanna die now
our roads have so much speedbrakes and
pot holes
so each driver shud carry his coffin on top of his vehicule wen the time comes
i wud be a spectator that mornin or nite

Then make sure you are at least 2 km away from the scene, you can watch it with a binoculars otherwise I will say you might want to go with a coffin too. Have you ever heard the word innocent bystander before?
Re: Car Race in Nigeria? by eros(m): 11:49am On Aug 25, 2009
FARAMADE:

eros, your tagline says"What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step." and I say " what kills a man is to compete in one speed racing. Then another speed racing.

Faramade, you don't seem to like the car race idea. Well, its expensive and very risky fun. We need a little distraction from the everyday pursuit of money and the good life in Naija. Life is becoming boring with the regular day to day activities and i say why not a little adrenaline pumping sport to add spice to life. We can take it a step further by sky diving and jumping out of helicopters grin cheesy cool
Re: Car Race in Nigeria? by hakinyemi(m): 12:07pm On Aug 25, 2009
, and do some bungee jumping as well. Lot's of places suitable for that. Buzz me up if you're interested.

eros:

Faramade, you don't seem to like the car race idea. Well, its expensive and very risky fun. We need a little distraction from the everyday pursuit of money and the good life in Naija. Life is becoming boring with the regular day to day activities and i say why not a little adrenaline pumping sport to add spice to life. We can take it a step further by sky diving and jumping out of helicopters grin cheesy cool

(1) (Reply)

2 Units Of Toks 04 Honda Accord For Sale In Asaba / Price Slash on Super Sharp 2005 Corolla For Sale / 2006 Mercedes ML 350 4MATIC in ABUJA...no issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.