Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,897 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Throttle Position Sensor Fault....car Scan Display On Transmision - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Throttle Position Sensor Fault....car Scan Display On Transmision (1376 Views)

Symptoms Of A Bad Or Failing Throttle Position Sensor / Please Help. Strange Symbol Display On My Sienna Dashboard (with Pictures) / 2004 Ford Focus Throttle Position Sensor(TPS) Malfunction. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throttle Position Sensor Fault....car Scan Display On Transmision by DONFASZY(m): 11:28pm On Feb 03, 2015
Some1 nids help around PWD oshodi... a gud rewirer with nissan cars

He change d gear of nissan quest 2005 to a toks brand 1...

Bt d new gear delays to change frm 1 to oda bt after it changes...d nissan quest 05 3.5 runs smoooth like toks..

D gear automatically change n select well few times by most times.... high gear for long distance b4 its select n change by luck....

So...d gearman insist on a car scan....engine n transmission autoscan machine....detects.... throttle position sensor...my giga...rush to ladipo...got a toks TPS frm a big electric car spareparts dealer....d TPS was replaced bt same story....delays....serious delays....d pedals...cant b hit hard to change or for d gear to select
..any expert advise or confirmed rewirer on Nissan....computer rewirer...

He needs some1 to programme d new toks gear n d engine to work well...so dat d gear can select fast....

Expert o....advise....
Re: Throttle Position Sensor Fault....car Scan Display On Transmision by chillex8(m): 12:49am On Feb 04, 2015
DONFASZY:

Bt d new gear delays to change frm 1 to oda bt after it changes...d nissan quest 05 3.5 runs smoooth like toks..

D gear automatically change n select well few times by most times.... high gear for long distance b4 its select n change by luck....

So...d gearman insist on a car scan....engine n transmission autoscan machine....detects.... throttle position sensor...my giga...rush to ladipo...got a toks TPS frm a big electric car spareparts dealer....d TPS was replaced bt same story....delays....serious delays....d pedals...cant b hit hard to change or for d gear to select

He needs some1 to programme d new toks gear n d engine to work well...so dat d gear can select fast....

Expert o....advise....

Re: Throttle Position Sensor Fault....car Scan Display On Transmision by Nobody: 1:29am On Feb 04, 2015
DONFASZY:

Expert o....advise....
I'm assuming your transmission is 5speed (though if you post the VIN I could be certain). If that is the case, then you have the same transmission used by Maxima (2004-2006) and Altima 3.5l of the same period. These transmissions are solid, but they come with an inherent weakness---the valve body. When the valve body goes bad, then you have shift issues. Presumably, that was what went bad in the original transmission in your car, and you changed the entire transmission for that. Apparently, the new toks transmission you have has an already dying valve body, and if it is not yet bad it will definitely go bad---remember I said the valve body is an inherent weakness of the transmission.
If you are lucky enough for the moment (i.e. if your toks valve body is good) then what is probably required is the reprogramming of the TCM as suggested in the lower parts of your post.
You still require luck on another account. There are two variants of the valve body. If it is to work with your car you must use the exact spec that matches yours (and this is where knowing your VIN comes in).
Can the valve body be repaired? Qualified no. The basic problem of the valve body are its three pressure solenoids. If these are changed to new ones the problem will be resolved. But are the solenoids available here? No, though I hope I'm wrong.
I hope I've shed some light on the issue. If you asked me, your old transmission is still as good as ever only its valve body has become terminally ill. Please don't attempt to try an altogether different transmission; that will be the beginning of the end of that car.
Re: Throttle Position Sensor Fault....car Scan Display On Transmision by Nobody: 1:55am On Feb 04, 2015
Here's a picture of the VB. The three pressure solenoids form the upper section with green, blue, and black connectors.

Re: Throttle Position Sensor Fault....car Scan Display On Transmision by mayor2013: 4:09am On Feb 04, 2015
Call this number 08165520837
Re: Throttle Position Sensor Fault....car Scan Display On Transmision by marshalcarter: 5:31am On Feb 04, 2015
You fyn moto wey you go drive..you no see..na nissan....na wa ooo

1 Like

Re: Throttle Position Sensor Fault....car Scan Display On Transmision by Nobody: 8:18am On Feb 04, 2015
marshalcarter:
A rant or a taunt. It looks the former to me.
Re: Throttle Position Sensor Fault....car Scan Display On Transmision by DONFASZY(m): 10:49am On Feb 04, 2015
Costee:
Here's a picture of the VB. The three pressure solenoids form the upper section with green, blue, and black connectors.

Thanks so much bro
Re: Throttle Position Sensor Fault....car Scan Display On Transmision by FlyboyZee: 11:11am On Feb 04, 2015
marshalcarter:
What's wrong with him driving a Nissan? Uh!
Re: Throttle Position Sensor Fault....car Scan Display On Transmision by marshalcarter: 11:17am On Feb 04, 2015
Cos NISSAN WAS NEVER A GUD CAR!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Throttle Position Sensor Fault....car Scan Display On Transmision by FlyboyZee: 12:48pm On Feb 04, 2015
marshalcarter:
Cos NISSAN WAS NEVER A GUD CAR!!!!!!!!!!!
Says who? Why & How?

(1) (Reply)

Innoson Who? / Anybody Here That Transverse To The Dangote Ibese Plant? I Need Help / Toyota Camry 2004 For Sale!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.