Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

My Govt’ll Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Govt’ll Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists (824 Views)

Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics / I Won’t Devalue Naira, Buhari Insists / Transition C’ttee: Buhari Insists On Credible Persons As Bakare Heads Screening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Govt’ll Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists by Pheals(f): 4:35am On Feb 04, 2015
The Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), on Tuesday said any public official who betrayed the trust of Nigerians and illegally enriched himself under his administration would be made to face the full wrath of the law.
He promised Nigerians that there would be no hiding place for corrupt elected officials, including governors and all other government officials in his administration.
Buhari gave the assurance at the presidential rally held at the Pantami International Stadium, Gombe.
He said, “We must do away with corruption as well as develop the Nigerian economy, if we are elected into office by the grace of God, any elected official that is elected or appointed to serve under me must be transparent, because if any of them embezzles public funds, he will face the consequences.”
The presidential hopeful also promised to boost electricity supply in all parts of the country. He also pledged to revive moribund industries in order to address unemployment.
“Our youths are suffering and walking round the streets without employment but we will strive to make them gainfully employed, so as to disengage them from vices that can destroy their future,” Buhari stated.
The APC presidential candidate said he would also look into ways of collaborating with advanced countries to revamp the agricultural sector. He said schools would also be given a facelift and qualified teachers would be recruited.
Also speaking at the rally, the National Chairman of the party, John Odigie-Oyegun, called on the Nigerian public to vote massively for the APC in the forthcoming elections to guarantee progress and development.
He urged all party faithful to obtain their Permanent Voter Cards so as to have the opportunity to elect candidates of their choice.
The party’s leader in Gombe State, Senator Danjuma Goje, described Buhari as the architect of change.
He urged all supporters of the party to vote out the Peoples Democratic Party by turning out in large number on election days and also defend their votes by ensuring that the votes were counted in their presence.
The governorship candidate of the party in the state, Alhaji Inuwa Yahaya, expressed optimism that the APC would win elections in Gombe State come February 14 and 28.
The Gombe APC Presidential rally, which was the 34th in the series, was well attended and it ended peacefully www.punchng.com/news/my-govtll-punish-corrupt-officials-buhari-insists/
Re: My Govt’ll Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists by gilgal7(f): 4:38am On Feb 04, 2015
Ride on the people's GENERAL...my vote is for you...
Re: My Govt’ll Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists by donsmall94(m): 5:10am On Feb 04, 2015
Yes sir
Jail them all
GMB to sure
#Sai Buhari
#Change is here
Re: My Govt’ll Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists by Nobody: 5:11am On Feb 04, 2015
Nigerians are solidly behind you Sir...
Re: My Govt’ll Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists by 0700Jesse(m): 5:17am On Feb 04, 2015
Ewu,! na only to push wey yu know, na so yu push until yu push fela, fela resemble corrupt politician? Abokki go sit down, yu no get fresh ideas to invest in the economy!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Govt’ll Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists by Pheals(f): 5:21am On Feb 04, 2015
0700Jesse:
Ewu,! na only to push wey yu know, na so yu push until yu push fela, fela resemble corrupt politician? Abokki go sit down, yu no get fresh ideas to invest in the economy!
chai is fela a politician? Was fela jail? CHISOS C ME c this guy o
Re: My Govt’ll Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists by anonimi: 5:31am On Feb 04, 2015
Why is this semi-literate old soldier so confused

Could he be going SENILE already? Anyway he forgot the name of his running mate & meaning of INEC.

Did he not already say he will not probe special people such as former Heads of State?

No surpriee there when one remembers the 53 suitcases under his military DICTATORSHIP.

[url=]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkHLmz0NZAc[/url]

1 Like

Re: My Govt’ll Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists by EmoBoy(m): 5:31am On Feb 04, 2015
Don't make a promise you can't fulfil.
Nigerians love corruption and they will hate you if try to fight corruption. #Bittertruth

1 Like

Re: My Govt’ll Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists by Godfullsam(m): 6:10am On Feb 04, 2015
Gej wants to fight corruption with technology. Buhari wants to fight corruption with punishment . Hmmm undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Govt’ll Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists by ORACLE1975(m): 6:20am On Feb 04, 2015
when a child steal we all have to punish him/her.respect
Re: My Govt’ll Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists by 0700Jesse(m): 6:30am On Feb 04, 2015
Pheals:
chai is fela a politician? Was fela jail? CHISOS C ME c this guy o

its good to go to sch, i dnt know if yu are educated!! Buhari sentenced fela to 10years fo publishing a song, and tell me oh, did i ever say fela was a politician? Its like garri has blinded yur eyes., yu beta re-read my post with understanding!

1 Like

Re: My Govt’ll Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists by EmmaOgbu(m): 6:33am On Feb 04, 2015
Fresh air
Re: My Govt’ll Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists by sosanova: 6:35am On Feb 04, 2015
Thief-Nubu won't be happy with these statements grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Govt’ll Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists by clevvermind(m): 6:39am On Feb 04, 2015
APC is far from 21st century. APC is like a
cancer that cannot be cured. So after all the
hopes Nigerians had in hearing from their
leaders to be or their plans to govern, APC
floored all Nigerians hope. What a party? I for
one, know it from day one that Boko Buhari
will not come and face any of the remaining
13 Presidential candidates in a well
articulated, peaceful and organised debate in
such a modern and western fashion. No way.
Buhari is still far from 2015. Is like unexposed
and semi-literate facing law court or giving
speech in world summit. Boko Buhari is not
near 21st century yet. Can he understand
questions that may be put to him? Can he
speak Matured Understandable English
Language for 30 minutes given out a well
structured sensible plan and notions? Now,
the chips are down. We are already seeing
the weak and clueless men calling others
exactly what they are. They are pulling out
from debate, so much desired by 100s of
millions of Nigerians. Did they(APC) know
that Nigerians are ready to see changes
when they played on the hand of this old
dictator and coupist? Of course, no. This is
how he refused to appear at Oputa Penal
Peace Commission after given him three open
and personal invitations. Who are Nigerians
to hear him talking deep and articulate right
into his non-existing and empty plan cum-
blue print? How can Buhari’s illiteracy be
brought to public fora? Nigerians never know
this man, called Buhari. Let then keep waiting
for him. APC know that any hour Boko Buhari
spent on that debate, will be the hour APC
will die to finality.

1 Like

Re: My Govt’ll Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists by Pheals(f): 6:41am On Feb 04, 2015
0700Jesse:

its good to go to sch, i dnt know if yu are educated!! Buhari sentenced fela to 10years fo publishing a song, and tell me oh, did i ever say fela was a politician? Its like garri has blinded yur eyes., yu beta re-read my post with understanding!
but u said "did fela resemble a corrupt POLITICIAN? " u better reduce yr garri! Fela release a song title "a coffin for the head of state" i knw dat is y
Re: My Govt’ll Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists by Nobody: 6:42am On Feb 04, 2015
fighting corruption no be one day thing oh! you have to lock all the citizens of Nigeria cos nobody is righteous... well, except me and my people.

but hey 4Q bloody tyrant!!you are a looser!
Re: My Govt’ll Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists by joseph1832(m): 6:48am On Feb 04, 2015
Well said GMB! Truly the PDP has failed in almost all ramifications and anybody thinking about voting the party is doing so out of pure sentiment!.
Re: My Govt’ll Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists by saintandsinnerz: 6:56am On Feb 04, 2015
This man should take it easy with this his "I will fight corruptuon" slogan. It is getting boring and overused already. It will be interesting to know if he will allow the likes of Amaechi, tinubu and co. To be jailed if they are indicted of corruption. I'm sensing APC is just tapping into the growing frustration of Nigerians about corruption to sway people to their side by constantly saying I will fight corruption!

1 Like

Re: My Govt’ll Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists by harrysterol(m): 7:07am On Feb 04, 2015
GMB talk is cheap?

1 Like

Re: My Govt’ll Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists by saintandsinnerz: 7:14am On Feb 04, 2015
To me fighting corruption is not just by word of mouth. It is clearly more than that! What we need to reduce corruption in Nigeria is to strenghten institutions to make it impossible to engage in corrupt practices. obama captured this sentiment when he said that what Africans need is strong institutions not strong men. If buhari thinks he can fight corruption by mere word of mouth, then he is not serious. Corruption is pervasive and deeply entrenched in our system since the inception of Nigeria as a country, so it takes more than word of mouth to eradicate it. Remember when you fight corruption they fight back.

1 Like

Re: My Govt’ll Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists by 0700Jesse(m): 7:35am On Feb 04, 2015
Pheals:
but u said "did fela resemble a corrupt POLITICIAN? " u better reduce yr garri! Fela release a song title "a coffin for the head of state" i knw dat is y

smh @ yur IQ sha, yur leader (buhari) once said he only jailed corrupt politicians, and what i meant was that fela is not a politician let alone being a corrupt politician but still fela was sentenced to imprisonment and this shows that yur oga is a liar cuz he jailed others! And yu need to overcome illiteracy!

1 Like

Re: My Govt’ll Punish Corrupt Officials, Buhari Insists by Pheals(f): 8:30am On Feb 04, 2015
0700Jesse:

smh @ yur IQ sha, yur leader (buhari) once said he only jailed corrupt politicians, and what i meant was that fela is not a politician let alone being a corrupt politician but still fela was sentenced to imprisonment and this shows that yur oga is a liar cuz he jailed others! And yu need to overcome illiteracy!
i dnt wanna be ban let me stay mute "i love fela" but u yr self go sing & gave it a title "a coffin for the head of state" u wil ***in jail

(1) (Reply)

How We Rigged Ekiti Elections:Army Captain Who Leaked Audio Recordings Speaks!!! / Why Is GEJ Moving From One Church To Another? / So Our President Is Not Even A Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.