Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,477 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

A Clothing Line - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / A Clothing Line (2025 Views)

Become A Clothing Distributor Today & Start Selling In Just 7 Days / Lupita Nyong'o Sprays Hair With A Clothing Iron (pictures) / Start Your Clothing Line Now With #85,000 Only!!!!!!...... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Clothing Line by BrownBelle: 5:32am On Feb 04, 2015
Hi,
Who is interested in starting a clothing line? Come on here! Let's brainstorm and share ideas. I understand that one needs patience, perseverance and sufficient capital to survive in this industry. Share your thoughts please.
Re: A Clothing Line by amstrogn: 11:43pm On Feb 04, 2015
I so much have the intension of starting, but the whole stuff is just to think about. I don't know what to do or how to go about it.
Re: A Clothing Line by BrownBelle: 5:43pm On Feb 05, 2015
I think the first thing to do is attend a fashion school or try to work as an intern for a good designer. That way, you will understand the basics of the business.

1 Like

Re: A Clothing Line by Nobody: 7:29pm On Feb 05, 2015
Loving this discussion, keep it going. Here's my story - hope it helps.I have my own fashion business - its small but I get to do what I love all day, everyday.

For starters, I trained in apparel design and manufacturing and interned at export houses for a year. I started out with no investment just the tools and fabric I collected over the years. I put up fabric clutches on a few sites like storenvy(free), etsy(minimal fees) and it was quite a while before I sold anything.

Meanwhile,I was doing a few designing gigs online and took time to learn about online selling, made connections with bloggers and soon the sales started trickling in. Then contacted retailers about collaborations, got a website(basic - nothing fancy), a studio and an assistant too. And finally, releasing a line of clothin by d end of this month and fingers crossed it goes well.

I'm not sure if I can post a link here, so you can google Corals and Nuts - thats my brands name..

2 Likes

Re: A Clothing Line by BrownBelle: 11:47pm On Feb 05, 2015
mezay:
Loving this discussion, keep it going. Here's my story - hope it helps.I have my own fashion business - its small but I get to do what I love all day, everyday.

For starters, I trained in apparel design and manufacturing and interned at export houses for a year. I started out with no investment just the tools and fabric I collected over the years. I put up fabric clutches on a few sites like storenvy(free), etsy(minimal fees) and it was quite a while before I sold anything.

Meanwhile,I was doing a few designing gigs online and took time to learn about online selling, made connections with bloggers and soon the sales started trickling in. Then contacted retailers about collaborations, got a website(basic - nothing fancy), a studio and an assistant too. And finally, releasing a line of clothin by d end of this month and fingers crossed it goes well.

I'm not sure if I can post a link here, so you can google Corals and Nuts - thats my brands name..

Wow! I guess the secret is networking. As for your clothing line, you've got tailors right? I wish you success.
Re: A Clothing Line by Nobody: 3:32am On Feb 06, 2015
I have just one tailor, my clothes are made to order and customizable so its all well at present.
BrownBelle:

Wow! I guess the secret is networking. As for your clothing line, you've got tailors right? I wish you success.
Re: A Clothing Line by BrownBelle: 10:23pm On Feb 07, 2015
Thank you.
Re: A Clothing Line by corporatechic(f): 7:31pm On Aug 31, 2016
Hi All,

Please is this group still going?
Re: A Clothing Line by ndozzy: 7:42pm On Aug 31, 2016
if you have any contribution please share
Re: A Clothing Line by iamDaisy(f): 7:46pm On Aug 31, 2016
let me call my friend cc heartofjasmine come quickly
Re: A Clothing Line by heartofjasmine(f): 7:48pm On Aug 31, 2016
iamDaisy hehehe thanks boo kiss i love clothes

depends on what you are after, wanna make your own things or sell peoples own, its easier to sell, thats what i do!
Re: A Clothing Line by Laveda(f): 8:02pm On Aug 31, 2016
heartofjasmine:
iamDaisy hehehe thanks boo kiss i love clothes

depends on what you are after, wanna make your own things or sell peoples own, its easier to sell, thats what i do!

You sell clothes? That's cool..

What kinda? Trousers?
Re: A Clothing Line by heartofjasmine(f): 8:04pm On Aug 31, 2016
Laveda:

You sell clothes? That's cool..

What kinda? Trousers?
shoes, bags, tops and gowns
Re: A Clothing Line by corporatechic(f): 8:58am On Sep 04, 2016
BrownBelle:
Hi,
Who is interested in starting a clothing line? Come on here! Let's brainstorm and share ideas. I understand that one needs patience, perseverance and sufficient capital to survive in this industry. Share your thoughts please.

Hi,

Have you been able to make any progress with your clothing line? I wanted to start one last year as well but encountered too many issues with tailors so I stopped for a while. However, I am trying to start again and i'm considering building up my own factory with a few tailors that will be properly trained. What do you think?

Also, I'm considering partnering with other designers or people who want to start their clothing line. My focus is female office wear and in that category primarily: dresses, skirts and blazers.
Re: A Clothing Line by BrownBelle: 4:14pm On Sep 07, 2016
corporatechic:

Hi,

Have you been able to make any progress with your clothing line? I wanted to start one last year as well but encountered too many issues with tailors so I stopped for a while. However, I am trying to start again and i'm considering building up my own factory with a few tailors that will be properly trained. What do you think?

Also, I'm considering partnering with other designers or people who want to start their clothing line. My focus is female office wear and in that category primarily: dresses, skirts and blazers.

Hello,
When you set up your factory, you will be able to control production and quality. But, you might have to forego retailing your clothes by yourself and let other retail outlets or e-commerce sites do that for you. When there is a high demand for your supply, you can then change your strategy.

Partnership is a good thing when both or more partners are responsible and have mutual interests.
Re: A Clothing Line by FIPS: 11:50am On Nov 17, 2016
Job Posting: Apply for the Role of a Fashion Designer/Executive Assistant In a Reputable Nigerian Design Label

Do you have a flair for the Nigerian fashion industry and you would like to work for a design label? Then jump for joy as Penzrah Fashion home, a reputable Nigerian fashion house is currently accepting applications for the role of a fashion designer/executive assistant for her Calabar fashion house.

Job Description
Work with the Label’s fashion designer in order to coordinate and manage activities that deal with the fashion industry
Interface and deal with customers as well as handle new customer leads
Come up with unique designs for collections and high valued customers
Source locally for fabrics and clothes accessories
Oversee the manufacturing process and get involved in styling
Workload schedule and briefing jobs to the tailors
Ensure efficient production and quality control of clothes
Handle the factory and show room and also make sure they run smoothly
Handle petty cash
Come up with different advertising and marketing strategies and executing
Assist with photoshoots, runway shows and all other events
Arrange and attend fittings for customers
Be Involved with the execution of all digital related marketing activities e.g. website, Facebook, Twitter, G+, Youtube
Take part in general administrative duties

Qualification and Skills
University/HND or OND graduate
Computer Literate
Course in Fashion or designing is an added advantage
Good organisational and leadership skills
Knowledge of different kind of fabrics, ability to sketch designs
Ability to work independently and also as a team member
Excellent command of the English language
Very presentable
A passion for fashion
Excellent understanding of the internet and social media

All interested applicants should kindly send their CV via email to penzrahglobal@gmail.com

NOTE: Free Accommodation available at our calabar fashion house for applicants outside Calabar.

For more information call;
08068214368, 08175033177

Re: A Clothing Line by cyif2003(m): 7:34pm On Nov 17, 2016
i have a clothing line. although just started. for now i outsource the sewing to someone who is also in the business and has her own little industry

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Meet Jahdiah, the guy who can rock bum shorts better than most women. / Never Trust A Woman In Make-up! The Reason Is These 8 Unbelievable Photos / 12 Lovely Aso-ebi Designs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.