Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,986 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Lets Score The Nigerian Senate And House Of Reps - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lets Score The Nigerian Senate And House Of Reps (694 Views)

List Of Nigerian Senate Presidents Till Date. / Senate And Buhari's Body Language - Magnus Oladesu (Vanguard) / What's The Difference Between The Senate And House Of Representative? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Score The Nigerian Senate And House Of Reps by palmwine(m): 9:57am On Dec 30, 2008
In the Past one year what have our legislators done?

Lets score them.

1. They failed to pass the Freedom of Infromation Bill
2. Had a retreat on Niger Delta and nothing has been done so far.
3. The senate passed the 2008 appropriation bill without asking the various ministries to defend it. It was reffered to as "BOW AND GO" budget by a friend.
4. All the probes from power to car purchase nothing came out of it.

Fellow LANDERS whats your accessment of the legislature.

I will score the SENATE 40% and HOUSE OF REP 48%

Read the comment of the Senate President on this.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/30122008/news/news5.html
Re: Lets Score The Nigerian Senate And House Of Reps by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 30, 2008
RepĀ  0%

Senate (100%)
Re: Lets Score The Nigerian Senate And House Of Reps by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 30, 2008
I don't believe they fall anywhere on the scale. You have to ACHIEVE something to be graded.
It is their duty to pass bills. Even at that they have failed. You can't be praised for doing what you're elected to do. You need to do more to be noted.
Hence i give them 0%
Re: Lets Score The Nigerian Senate And House Of Reps by palmwine(m): 5:32pm On Dec 30, 2008
@Xavier

Methink The Reps are more vibrabt than the Senate.

If u ask me i will say the Senate is more of a rubber stamp undecided
Re: Lets Score The Nigerian Senate And House Of Reps by Muza(m): 5:45pm On Dec 30, 2008
they have failed woefully,
the only debate seriously when it affects their salary,welfare, allowance. . .etc
A bunch of selfish human beings kawai. sad
Re: Lets Score The Nigerian Senate And House Of Reps by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 30, 2008
Reps - who? Do they exist?

Senate - -2%
Re: Lets Score The Nigerian Senate And House Of Reps by asha80(m): 6:04pm On Dec 30, 2008
@davidylan

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Lets Score The Nigerian Senate And House Of Reps by kosovo(m): 6:58am On Dec 31, 2008
0.2%

(1) (Reply)

Nipr - June/july Diet ( Lectures & Study Materials) / Yaradua's Wife Is Truly In Charge / Court Reserves Ruling On Rev King's Appeal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.