Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,746 members, 7,862,441 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:46 PM

For What Purpose Is Your Blog? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / For What Purpose Is Your Blog? (485 Views)

How Old Was Your Blog Before Adsense Was Approved? / How To Boost Your Blog Traffic By 40% [WordPress Only][Thread Resurrected] / Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

For What Purpose Is Your Blog? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Feb 04, 2015
Please if your only purpose for blogging is one of the listed below, then stop reading this post and read any other post here.

• I enjoy writing
• personal pleasure or entertainment
• To give back to the community
• Blogging helps me learn and grow
• Blogging is good for marketing and seo
• Blogging can lead to new business models
• It’s part of how I multi-task

Your blog is a media property. It’s also a tool that allows you to build relationships, a tool to educate, instruct, or establish your opinion. It can be a call to action, a lead generator, a showcase for your talents, and many other things.

No doubt your traffic (your audience) is there with varieties of expectation. They may want your posts to enlighten, entertain, inform and inspire them; but trust me, they are seeking whatever it is you have to offer them ranging from guides, tutorials and solutions to their challenges. In view of this you must do your very best.

Each time I visit a blog, the question I will ask myself is: for what purpose is this blog? I can’t immediately figure out the purpose for the existence of the blog.

What is the purpose of your blog?
As a blogger, this is indeed one very crucial question you must ask yourself and answer sincerely because it determines your focus, fuels your focus and determines your success.

Unfortunately, so many bloggers don’t even know the real purpose for which they are blogging; or let me say they know it partially, others know it but because of following the trends (deceptions), they go chasing shadows.

The so called gurus in the industry have told us a lot of lies about blogging; they kept the real secret form others. Some claim to be making six figure monthly, others claim to be making tens of thousands monthly yet when you visit their blog all you see is tons of comments from co-bloggers (co-gurus).

They emphasize on the need for your blog to attract more comments, they make it look like a blog that has no comments is dead or not productive; hear this: does landing page attract comments? Yet it makes money. Hmmmm!

What then am I blogging for, to have hundreds of comments on each of my post or to generate income? I discover that the traffic that will click to make you money does not have the time to comment. Co-bloggers only comment, they don’t make you money so stop blogging for them.

You don’t expect me or a co-blogger to visit your blog and then click on your ads, do you? Then for what purpose is your blog if all you focus on is how to get hundreds of co-bloggers and blogging gurus to visit and comment on your blog?

Until few weeks ago, I have this challenge myself, each time I redesign or customize my blog layouts and the rest, I ask myself for what purpose am I doing this? Recently I migrated from Blogger to Wordpress because the blogosphere said Wordpress is better, and that is what is in vogue; I don’t dispute the uniqueness of Wordpress though, but will that make me a fulfilled blogger?

In view of the pressure for migrating to Wordpress, I asked Rok Sproger who is claimed to be one of the high earners in Adsense a question, I asked him if there is a way Wordpress can generate swarms of traffic for its users; he told me himself uses Joomla, but the answer to my question is NO!

The reason I asked him that question is because the more traffic your blog generates, the more chances of you making money which is the main purpose of you blogging.

So the so much promoted Wordpress does not generate traffic on its own for its users, hmmmmmmmm.

That means if I am to remain in Blogger and generate enough traffic, I will fulfill the purpose for which I came into blogging. Aha!

Well, I am so happy I migrated to Wordpress though, but something was wrong from what the blogosphere made me to believe.

I AM BLOGGING TO MAKE MONEY BY PROVIDING USEFUL INFORMATION ON MY BLOG ..... From http://efogator.com/2015/02/for-what-purpose-is-your-blog/

(1) (Reply)

Please Website Portfolio And Tell Me What You Think / Talent Network Site For Sale / I Need Tips On Starting A Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.