Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Why People Need To Believe In God. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why People Need To Believe In God. (2652 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Buhari Told Me Why People Can’t Shout ‘Nagode Allah’ In Nigeria – Mbaka / Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why People Need To Believe In God. by johnydon22(m): 9:54pm On Feb 06, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Of course I believe in the genesis account.
The Genesis account is d beginning of time and not eternity (and no in case u r thinking big bang is not d beginning of eternity, as u know eternity has no beginning). There was existence before time. And if u know science very well what makes for time is a planetary orbit around star. Thats what gives d measurement.

You know, dude mehn d explanation long abeg. Go and seek God for yourself. I pray u find Him.

note: When God said let there be, there was. All this is a function of the power of God mehn. Peace!
Time is a measure in which events can be ordered from the past through
the present into the future , and also the measure of durations of events
and the intervals between them. [1][2][2][3][4][5][6][7] Time is often
referred to as the fourth dimension, along with the spatial dimensions
wikipedia encyclopedia.... The planetary orbit around the sun is used by us as a time measuring phenomenon within our planet not time itself... So you see even this your so-called period before time is still in the dimension of time... Now try and Re-read all you just wrote... am not in the mood for long arguements

1 Like

Re: Why People Need To Believe In God. by Jeromejnr(m): 10:00pm On Feb 06, 2015
johnydon22:

Time is a measure in which events can be ordered from the past through
the present into the future , and also the measure of durations of events
and the intervals between them. [1][2][2][3][4][5][6][7] Time is often
referred to as the fourth dimension, along with the spatial dimensions
wikipedia encyclopedia.... Now try and Re-read all you just wrote... am not in the mood for long arguements

No time. This is a definition and not theory. I'm talking theory. (Theory involves principles and methods of how a thing operates).

Just like the theory of motion is different from the definition of motion.

But I like u sha. U went and did ur research. Its like u really want to find God out. God help u man.

1 Like

Re: Why People Need To Believe In God. by johnydon22(m): 10:04pm On Feb 06, 2015
Jeromejnr:

No time. This is a definition and not theory. I'm talking theory. (Theory involves principles and methods of how a thing operates).

Just like the theory of motion is different from the definition of motion.

But I like u sha. U went and did ur research. Its like u really want to find God out. God help u man.

The planetary orbit of the sun is just a time measuring phenomenon by us within our planet not time itself... So understand this the period before your so called time began till infinity are all encompassed in the dimension of time... I just wish you can understand what time is... thats all
And please stop this ur assumptive assertions ...

1 Like

Re: Why People Need To Believe In God. by johnydon22(m): 10:10pm On Feb 06, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Of course I believe in the genesis account.
The Genesis account is d beginning of time and not eternity (and no in case u r thinking big bang is not d beginning of eternity, as u know eternity has no beginning). There was existence before time. And if u know science very well what makes for time is a planetary orbit around star. Thats what gives d measurement.

You know, dude mehn d explanation long abeg. Go and seek God for yourself. I pray u find Him.

note: When God said let there be, there was. All this is a function of the power of God mehn. Peace!
Now you believe in the genesis account and still yet believe in the big bang!!! lolzzzz
Am still wondering how that is possible!!! grin dont let ur fellow christians catch you saying you believe in the big bang theory shaa

2 Likes

Re: Why People Need To Believe In God. by Jeromejnr(m): 10:14pm On Feb 06, 2015
johnydon22:

The planetary orbit of the sun is just a time measuring phenomenon by us within our planet not time itself... So understand this the period before your so called time began till infinity are all encompassed in the dimension of time... I just wish you can understand what time is... thats all

Okay let me take my time and say this.

Firstly eternity is not a period it is a Person. God said "I am d Alpha and the Omega the Beginning and End" There is no beginning before God. Eternity is just a state of existence. U can't fully understand that with d human brain sha.

Secondly. The sun is not time. Einstein even tried to explain der is no such thing as time. But what makes time to be time is the concept of light. Without light from a star there is no past,present or future and no today, tomorrow and yesterday but just an existence. What gives us d measurement is night and day which is caused by the light from the sun (on the earth). That's why in d past to measure time a sundial was used and further down in d past a stick under d sun standing in d sand.

Think of with if there was no night how would we even measure time. Just the sun staying in d same position without moving. It will just be an existence. And funny enough that's how eternity is just an existence.

My hand dey pain me o!

1 Like

Re: Why People Need To Believe In God. by Jeromejnr(m): 10:17pm On Feb 06, 2015
johnydon22:

Now you believe in the genesis account and still yet believe in the big bang!!! lolzzzz
Am still wondering how that is possible!!! grin dont let ur fellow christians catch you saying you believe in the big bang theory shaa

Why. even some scientist say there has to be an independent being for the big bang to occur.

Let there be and there was. The power of God mehn.
Re: Why People Need To Believe In God. by Jameselias: 10:18pm On Feb 06, 2015
plaetton:

I agree with you that for most people, there lives would make no sense if they didn't believe in supernatural causation.
But that itself is an existential problem, not an answer.
Think about this critically.
The reason that the west are far more advanced than us in Africa is due to the way they seek answers to existential questions.
In Nigeria /Africa, we are not encouraged to ask and seek, but to ignore the questions by lazily invoking supernatural causation.
By so doing, we are yoked to being mere passive observers, rather than being active agents in the unfolding realities.

Give a typical Nigerian a deadly critical problem to solve, and watch him/her go down on their knees for spiritual /supernatural intervention.

When we construct our reality with morally and philosophically ambiguous imported myths that we hardly understand, then we inevitably build a wishy washy reality that seem to confuse us the more.

The European and much of the rest of the world have had thousands of years to evolve and transcend magical thinking. We should learn from them without having to reinvent the wheel.

The sad irony is that I can say (as an Igbo with village experience ) that traditional African societies have solid moral and philosophical frameworks upon which to blend with modern realities to build a solid and easily graspable reality.
plaetton i respect u joo!
Re: Why People Need To Believe In God. by johnydon22(m): 10:32pm On Feb 06, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Why. even some scientist say there has to be an independent being for the big bang to occur.

Let there be and there was. The power of God mehn.

Some scientists? like?
Ok now the big bang according to science started billions of years ago and the earth was formed through it and you believe it, now how come you now also believe that the earth was then created 6,000 yrs ago even when according to the big bang theory earth was already in existence millions of years ago.... Now i think their is need for you to re-evaluate what you believe in.
!!!

1 Like

Re: Why People Need To Believe In God. by johnydon22(m): 10:43pm On Feb 06, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Okay let me take my time and say this.

Firstly eternity is not a period it is a Person. God said "I am d Alpha and the Omega the Beginning and End" There is no beginning before God. Eternity is just a state of existence. U can't fully understand that with d human brain sha.

Secondly. The sun is not time. Einstein even tried to explain der is no such thing as time. But what makes time to be time is the concept of light. Without light from a star there is no past,present or future and no today, tomorrow and yesterday but just an existence. What gives us d measurement is night and day which is caused by the light from the sun (on the earth). That's why in d past to measure time a sundial was used and further down in d past a stick under d sun standing in d sand.

Think of with if there was no night how would we even measure time. Just the sun staying in d same position without moving. It will just be an existence. And funny enough that's how eternity is just an existence.

My hand dey pain me o!
Seriously you need basic comprehension...
Am talking time (duration) and you are talking measurement....
Biko thank u....m thru with this

1 Like

Re: Why People Need To Believe In God. by davien(m): 10:49pm On Feb 06, 2015
jameselias please tell me what you've learned of the big bang...
Re: Why People Need To Believe In God. by Jeromejnr(m): 10:53pm On Feb 06, 2015
johnydon22:

Some scientists? like?
Ok now the big bang according to science started billions of years ago and the earth was formed through it and you believe it, now how come you now also believe that the earth was then created 6,000 yrs ago even when according to the big bang theory earth was already in existence millions of years ago.... Now i think their is need for you to re-evaluate what you believe in.
!!!

I knew dis will come up. This is what I was tryna explain to u before DAT I said d explanation was long.

If u study d Genesis account and some texts i n Isaiah and from Jewish scholars u will see the earth was far in existence before the time God created man to put on the earth. There was an existence on the earth we know not of. In Isaiah there is a place where it was said that as d devil fell he made a mess of the whole earth. So Go in genesis if u noticed was said to have walked on a formless earth that was dark and there was even water. But later on we see God still created water. Then God put man to have dominion on the earth to take care of it from the evil one. But man gave it to d devil. So God had to come and redeem man again.

Well anyway this explanation is not very detail. Like I said it was much. You can sort for resource of Jewish writings online. This all explains concept of dinosaurs and strange skeleton of weird looking men. (Like the Australopithecus africanus)

1 Like

Re: Why People Need To Believe In God. by Jeromejnr(m): 10:55pm On Feb 06, 2015
johnydon22:

Seriously you need basic comprehension...
Am talking time (duration) and you are talking measurement....
Biko thank u....m thru with this

No problem sir.

But wait o! What's d difference. What do u measure in time if its not d duration. Remember d formulae distance =speed × time. Let's just say distance (The amount of space between two points or the length or interval of time) here is duration, that whole formulae is known as a measurement of something in motion. So they all work together in one big glorious harmony.

#justsaying

1 Like

Re: Why People Need To Believe In God. by Nobody: 11:01pm On Feb 06, 2015
Believing in a god is lack of good mental intelligence!

2 Likes

Re: Why People Need To Believe In God. by johnydon22(m): 11:12pm On Feb 06, 2015
Jeromejnr:

No problem sir.

But wait o! What's d difference. What do u measure in time if its not d duration. Remember d formulae distance =speed × time. Let's just say distance (The amount of space between two points or the length or interval of time) here is duration, that whole formulae is known as a measurement of something in motion. So they all work together in one big glorious harmony.

#justsaying
time is measured in this very dmension with our sun n planetary rotation around it.... Dude we are talking the entire universe here. countless stars, countless planets, billions of galaxies!!!

1 Like

Re: Why People Need To Believe In God. by Jeromejnr(m): 11:36pm On Feb 06, 2015
johnydon22:

time is measured in this very dmension with our sun n planetary rotation around it.... Dude we are talking the entire universe here. countless stars, countless planets, billions of galaxies!!!

Time is just a measurement o. That's y we use light from a star. If there is a planet and no star/light near it, Then it has no time because there is no way of measuring it. A star in it self is not ruled by time. Only planetary bodies. Light is used for measurement its like a ruler for the universe we humans use. That's y we have light years to measure distance of bodies in space from a star. The other galaxies have their own stars yea. So their planetary bodies can be measured with time.

1 Like

Re: Why People Need To Believe In God. by johnydon22(m): 12:13am On Feb 07, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Time is just a measurement o. That's y we use light from a star. If there is a planet and no star/light near it, Then it has no time because there is no way of measuring it. A star in it self is not ruled by time. Only planetary bodies. Light is used for measurement its like a ruler for the universe we humans use. That's y we have light years to measure distance of bodies in space from a star. The other galaxies have their own stars yea. So their planetary bodies can be measured with time.
Time is just a measurement? you need definition of time again consult ur dictionary... am thru aguing somefin as dumb as this...
Re: Why People Need To Believe In God. by Nobody: 2:14am On Feb 07, 2015
Problems left to God will remain unsolved Op

1 Like

Re: Why People Need To Believe In God. by Nobody: 7:00am On Feb 07, 2015
dalaman:

Just state what you saw or what he told you. Did he speak to you? Did you speak back? You claimed you had an encounter with God, Why then are you so quick to push it off to the spirit relm where it will be outside of any meaningfull scrutiny?
Is it possible, Dalaman, for such an experience to be a true experience, but of nothing to do with God? Is that why you are asking for details?
Re: Why People Need To Believe In God. by dalaman: 1:07pm On Feb 07, 2015
muafrika:
Is it possible, Dalaman, for such an experience to be a true experience, but of nothing to do with God? Is that why you are asking for details?

It's very possible. He might be hallucinating or his mind might be playing games with him as is always the case. Religious experience like these cut across all religions. Muslims have visions and dreams about Mohammed. Hindus and Buddisht do same. I was reading about a Shia muslim that claimed he gets vision of one of the caliphs. Religious experience is a function of the brain. Catholics get to see Mary appear to them or some of the saints they believe in etc. Your sect and beliefs always affect the types of visions you get. It's all a function of the mind.

1 Like

Re: Why People Need To Believe In God. by johnydon22(m): 2:29pm On Feb 09, 2015
Their is no evidence that their is a god. not zeus, allah, yahweh or horus etc...
All we have is mythical ancient writings and impossible fables very peculiar to the culture that this god or gods are exclusive to.

Now some people might see it ok to Believe (conviction that something is true without empirical evidence) any of these ideas (gods) and fables by faith dismissing the others as we have seen in the cases of christians believing in.yahweh and not allah and muslims doing the reverse.
Though both religions just believe by faith their respective god ideas.

Now atheism entails not having a conviction that something implausible is true even though their is no evidence for it.

So believing something implausible as true does not and can never make it true..

We ask theists to provide evidence for their respective God even though we know that they have none.

You may choose to believe the jewish myth, or arabic myth or greek myth..that is good for you but we call it myth as it is and nothing more...

1 Like

Re: Why People Need To Believe In God. by LIBRAGOLD: 4:35pm On Feb 09, 2015
Awesome Umrah Deals!Visa,Hotel in Medina&Makka,meals,transport,Flt ticket...all from just #300k. Feb 18/19-28; Mar18/19-28. Cal 08172027447or www.libragoldgroup.com

Re: Why People Need To Believe In God. by nlPoster: 6:05pm On Mar 16, 2020
johnydon22:

When you see someone through a transparent shower curtain, at least you will see some of his features and shapes...
Now we are very curious bro and want to learn...Tell us his shape and extension asin hands, head etc

I wonder why people are now bothered about folks taking showers.

What is the problem again?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Names Of Funny Churches In Nigeria / TB JOSHUA: I Said WOOLMAN Not Woman / Are Your Feeling Hurt When Your Beliefs And Religion Are Criticised?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.