Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,000 members, 7,849,024 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 01:34 PM

Gurus Help With OBD Info And Use - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Gurus Help With OBD Info And Use (586 Views)

Pls Where Can I Get A Very Good Obd Ii Scanner / On-Board Diagnostics (OBD II) - Questions And Answers Thread / Issues With Obd Port, Pls Help Resolve. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gurus Help With OBD Info And Use by nurey(m): 9:05am On Feb 05, 2015
Good day gurus, please I have a bluetooth obd2 scanner and I also got torque pro to use with my android tab, now I noticed the torque pro has some real nice features like real time mpg calculator, tachometer (my ride has none) and other good features I did like to always know. My dilemma is do I need the car running while the Bluetooth obd is plugged in will it not spoil the obd scanner. Also any other useful info on how to use the obd scanner will be welcome. Thank you in advance.

Re: Gurus Help With OBD Info And Use by nonso84(m): 12:29pm On Feb 05, 2015
[quote author=nurey post=30443379. My dilemma is do I need the car running while the Bluetooth obd is plugged in will it not spoil the obd scanner. Also any other useful info on how to use the obd scanner will be welcome. Thank you in advance.
[/quote]
You can have your engine running while running a scan, for example if i want live 02 data in closed loop, i leave the engine running while doing so.
Re: Gurus Help With OBD Info And Use by nurey(m): 12:38pm On Feb 05, 2015
nonso84:

You can have your engine running while running a scan, for example if i want live 02 data in closed loop, i leave the engine running while doing so.

Ok thanks, I hope you mean starting the car not necessarily switching the ignition to ON position

(1) (Reply)

CD Player Won't Work / Vw Passat 2002 Intermittently Moving Sluggishly On First Gear (automatic ) / Gear Box Toyota Tacoma To Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.