Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,576 members, 7,820,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

How To Connect To Sftp - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Connect To Sftp (1375 Views)

Problem Trying To Connect To My Database / Wants To Connect To A Locally Hosted Website From Another Computer / Android Studio Introduction - Connect To A Group Chat Via Android - Beginners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Connect To Sftp by luckyCO(m): 2:18pm On Feb 05, 2015
Hello
How do I connect to sftp and download files and also delete the files downloaded, the sftp folder has read /write access?
Thanks,am expecting
Re: How To Connect To Sftp by lordZOUGA(m): 3:30pm On Feb 05, 2015
which language do you want to perform this action in? or are you looking for an already made program?

connect to sftp.
check if you have write permissions on the local path (basically create a file and see if you succeeded).
get file from network and write to the locally created file
delete file.
Re: How To Connect To Sftp by nextstep(m): 9:50pm On Feb 05, 2015
from the sftp man page, you want:
sftp -b batchfile [user@]host

where batchfile is a text file containing regular sftp commands

So for example, your batchfile would contain:
cd directory
get *
rm *
Re: How To Connect To Sftp by luckyCO(m): 8:16pm On Feb 06, 2015
C# sample program on how to connect and download files from sftp.
Thanks,very urgent here for me.
Re: How To Connect To Sftp by luckyCO(m): 9:55pm On Feb 07, 2015
Am still waiting,please
Re: How To Connect To Sftp by Nobody: 11:15am On Feb 08, 2015
Sftp you mean should be the same as ftp, if I am correct if that's what u mean, let me know I can code something for you in c and c#.
Re: How To Connect To Sftp by luckyCO(m): 5:04pm On Feb 15, 2015
I have done a code in ftp working fine but when I take it to sftp it doesn't work.
I want to simple code on how to connect to sftp esp in c#
Thanks
Re: How To Connect To Sftp by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 15, 2015
Listen fam, be specific in what u want, you want a c# code to connect to Sftp? If yes, do a simple thing like getting the port of the Sftp, then write a code to connect to it via c# or any language

If that didn't answer you, then you could make do something like this from here

http://www.google.com/search?q=c%23+%2C+use+sharp+ssh%2C+sftp&hl=en-GB&oq=c%23+%2C+use+sharp+ssh%2C+sftp&gs_l=mobile-heirloom-serp.3..30i10.48355.67796.0.68695.39.36.2.1.1.0.965.9487.3j8j7j2j3j6j1.30.0.msedr...0...1c.1.34.mobile-heirloom-serp..21.18.4257.1D_sstZsf64

Also something you could try your hand on

sftp = new Tamir.SharpSsh.Sftp(ipAddress, username, password);
sftp.Connect();
sftp.Get(sourcePath, destinationPath);
sftp.Close();

I hope I helped
Re: How To Connect To Sftp by luckyCO(m): 6:16pm On Feb 16, 2015
Thanks,will try it out.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Advise Am I Too Old To Learn IT? / HELP: With VB.NET Cashflow Code / Jamb Pass Questions And Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.