Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

#GEJAchievements in Agriculture Part 2 - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / #GEJAchievements in Agriculture Part 2 (752 Views)

Download Myfree Report To Learn How To Make Profitable Investment In Agriculture / My Poultry Farm - Part 2 / #GEJAchievements In Agriculture Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#GEJAchievements in Agriculture Part 2 by GEJAchievements(m): 4:58pm On Feb 05, 2015
#GEJAchievements in Agriculture: Increased Bank Lending
Through our agriculture initiatives, lending to the entire agricultural value chain has become easier and cheaper, and is helping a number of newly established private firms in the North West Zone to secure loans. For instance, the Umza Rice Mills of Kano, was able to secure N500m under NIRSAL to support its working capital requirement.

Bank lending to rural borrowers increased from 0.22% of their total lending before our administration to 7.63% of their total lending in March 2014. Because of the success of our efforts to encourage banks to lend to seed companies, bank lending to private seed companies and small agricultural input retailers has increased from zero before our administration, to $10m (N1.6bn) in 2012, and $53m (N8.5bn) in 2013. Bank lending to fertiliser companies rose from $100 million (N16bn) in 2012 to $500m (N80bn) in 2013. #GEJAchievements Compare #Nigeriab4GEJ

#GEJAchievements in Agriculture: Gains of E-wallet Scheme
 A total of 1.37 million MT of fertilizer worth N150.70 billion has been sold since the inception of our e-wallet scheme.
 A total of 102,703MT of improved rice seeds has been redeemed by rice farmers across the country since the inception of our e-wallet scheme.
 A total of 67,991MT of improved maize seeds have been redeemed by rice farmers across the country since the inception of our e-wallet scheme. #GEJAchievements Compare #Nigeriab4GEJ

#GEJAchievements in Agriculture: Infrastructure and Skills Development
We are constructing three integrated rice mills in Niger, Kogi and Nasarawa states and one cassava mill in Nassarawa state. We also have agriculture skills training centres in Benue and Kwara states. Our irrigation project in Kwara state is expected to irrigate thousands of hectares of rice farm. We have Agriculture Services and Training Centre in Vom, Jos. We have distributed 67,000 MT of improved seed to be planted on 3.5 million hectares.

#GEJAchievements in Agriculture: Economic Impact in the North Central
We have realized additional food production of 7,000,000 metric tons and made gross economic impact of N455 billion. We have achieved net economic impact of N105bill through our Agricultural Transformation Agenda Dry Season Rice Transformation. We have impacted and supported 7400 farmers in Kogi state and 1000 farmers in Niger state. We made gross economic impact of N2.1 billion and net income impact of N0.9billion in Kogi state. In Niger state, we made gross economic impact of N0.3billion and net economic impact of N0.1billion. We have created 13,000 jobs in Kogi state and 2,000 jobs in Niger state through agriculture. #GEJAchievements Compare #Nigeriab4GEJ

#GEJAchievements in Agriculture: Testimonial
My name is Bala Ahmed and I will be the first person to tell you that farming is not an easy job. I chose farming because it’s what I know. My father was a farmer, so was my grandfather and his father before him. So I inherited a huge farmland and despite the fact that I attended school to a certain level, I still chose farming because, it’s what I have always known and it is also my passion.

Now, I will tell the truth, for years, farmers have suffered greatly due to not getting the required help from our government until recently. How can you grow seed that you don’t have? How can you produce bountifully, when the fertilizers come at a rate you can’t even afford? But all these are changing in recent years. Yes, things are changing. Thanks to modern technology and and the administration of President Jonathan. I have a cell phone from government that has practically changed my life.

Before, it was the so called middle men who were benefitting from the billions of naira spent every year by government. But we thank God today. We are getting subsidized and also getting high quality fertilizer and seed directly from government through the Growth Enhancement Support scheme. How does this work? GES delivers inputs to us directly through our cell phones given to us by government and I know all the farmers in my locality have it. It’s also called E-wallets.

And last year when we wanted to expand our farm land we applied for a loan under the GES scheme to buy a tractor and insha Allah, we got it without giving anybody a bribe. Today, we are paying back our loan by renting out the tractor to other farmers. So, when you get more food on your tables, at a cheaper rate, you should understand that it is because we get what we need to grow our farms products easily, without much stress from President Jonathan’s administration. #GEJAchievements Compare #Nigeriab4GEJ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #GEJAchievements in Agriculture Part 2 by Mynd44: 7:03pm On Feb 05, 2015
GEJ has tried.

GEJ till 2019

1 Like

Re: #GEJAchievements in Agriculture Part 2 by adedam007(m): 7:31pm On Feb 06, 2015
K

(1) (Reply)

Gold,woods Avaliable For Sale / Original Honey From Village To Lagos Order Now.... / I Am In Need Of An Experienced Person On Poultry Farming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.