Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Letter To Ifeann - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Letter To Ifeann (5328 Views)

Did Jesus Die for Our Sin? Which Sin? Ifeann Should Please Come In / Ifeann And Others Who Can "Please I Really Need Your Help On This!". / Ifeann,truthman2012...on The Sun In A Muddy Pool (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Letter To Ifeann by 9jaforlife: 5:00am On Mar 24, 2015
Ifeann:

U were both wrong for throwing insults like untrained kids. Now behave smiley

Of course you'd now see it as wrong because I addressed him in the manner that he deserved. Aren't you the one sided judge that parades herself as the righteous one? Yet you're dishonesty personified! undecided

Ifeann aka parisbookaddict, I couldn't care less about your opinion, to me, you're just a cheap joke cool
Re: Letter To Ifeann by Shirley07: 11:18am On Mar 27, 2015
9jaforlife:

That means Jesus revealed these quotes in a beer parlour...

"Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18)

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. Matthew 10:34

Luke 16:17
"But that doesn't mean that the law has lost its force. It is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for the smallest point of God's law to be overturned."

Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. Luke 12:51

Or, either you or Jesus is lying. It's very clear, you're the r*etard
The only law God gave is the 10 commandments. Obviously, that's the law Christ acknowledged.
As a matter of fact, he condemned various laws Moses founded, part of which was on marriage.
The law he came to fulfil were both the 10 commandments and the prophecy about his death to liberate all from the law of sins. As all eyes can see, he was the embodiment of the 10 commandments himself and almost all the prophets prophecied about him, he came to fulfil the prophecy.
The second scripture you quoted is about persecution. Eventhough, salvation brings inner peace to one self, there's an outward persecution to be expected from people around us. For example, persecution from the islamists, friends, even from one's relatives. No wonder Christ said father will turned against his child, child will be against the father.
For instance, my campus fellowship pastor was thrown out of the house by his father because he became christian. That's the persecution Christ groomed we christian to face when he made that statement. If he was persecuted then more should be expected with us.
Let me conclude with this, you don't read or recite the scriptures like you do with quran, you study it.
Re: Letter To Ifeann by 9jaforlife: 2:43am On Mar 30, 2015
Shirley07:

The only law God gave is the 10 commandments. Obviously, that's the law Christ acknowledged.
As a matter of fact, he condemned various laws Moses founded, part of which was on marriage.
The law he came to fulfil were both the 10 commandments and the prophecy about his death to liberate all from the law of sins. As all eyes can see, he was the embodiment of the 10 commandments himself and almost all the prophets prophecied about him, he came to fulfil the prophecy.
The second scripture you quoted is about persecution. Eventhough, salvation brings inner peace to one self, there's an outward persecution to be expected from people around us. For example, persecution from the islamists, friends, even from one's relatives. No wonder Christ said father will turned against his child, child will be against the father.
For instance, my campus fellowship pastor was thrown out of the house by his father because he became christian. That's the persecution Christ groomed we christian to face when he made that statement. If he was persecuted then more should be expected with us.
Let me conclude with this, you don't read or recite the scriptures like you do with quran, you study it.

This statement is clear enoughhhhhhh! I don't need any explanation to digest it...

"Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18)

How can this one below be referring to persecution?? Anyone who says this definitely did NOT ONLY bring love but bloodshed!

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. Matthew 10:34

And finally, this one below referred to ALL words of God, including laws of the OT. So, stop saying that Jesus was only about the 10 commandments!

Luke 16:17
"But that doesn't mean that the law has lost its force. It is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for the SMALLEST point of God's law to be overturned."

Besides, why do you (christians) call the bible your scripture, quoting and preaching from it, if it has nothing to do with Jesus Why is the christian scripture not limited to the commandments only?? Abeg leave story!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A More reasonable Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity / Without God, Your Life Is Empty For God Is Life / How Is Jesus God ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.