Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,141 members, 7,860,105 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:29 AM

Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls (16868 Views)

Femi Gbajabiamila Gives Out CCTV Cameras To Surulere Constituents (Photos) / ‘factors That Aided Apc’s Victory At The Polls’ - Tinubu's Aide, Dare, Reveals / Pics: Head-to-head Performance Of APC And PDP at The Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by darepoju(m): 9:09am On Feb 06, 2015
jorlons:
There is already an existing tech that can do that effectively and remotely. They are called drones. They can be used to capture aerial views of all the happenings around the polling unit. Mobile phones can also be used but it may be a whole lot riskier.
drones ke?
do u know we have 120,000 polling units...
and we will apparently need that same no of drones..?
abi u no thanks am ni.....?
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by Nobody: 9:17am On Feb 06, 2015
Oklander:
hope soldiers go allow person use am.
Soldiers don dey polling units now?
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by okekeanayo(f): 9:25am On Feb 06, 2015
tilman:
The Independent National Electoral Commission(INEC) has assured that it would conduct a model election, advising the electorate to come to the voting centers with cameras to capture any ugly event that may unfold.

The Resident Electoral Commissioner of Anambra State, Engineer Edwin Nwatarali who made the call yesterday at a stakeholders meeting organized by the commission, said the tapping of events will help forestall sharp practices by staff of the commission.

Nwatarali made the call while reacting to a question by a stakeholder who insisted that INEC staff were fond of giving out unused ballot papers to some political parties who thumbprint them in favour of their party.

“That is a grave allegation, and no one can come here and make such spurious allegation without proof. It is very wrong to stand up and make such claims without evidence, and I will not sit down next time and watch this happen.

“Never the less, electorates are advised to come to the polling centers with their cameras, so that they will be able to capture any of such incidences that play out. That is the only time you can make such claims with evidence,” He said.

The REC also advised people who do not have the permanent voters card not to bother coming close to the voting centres as there will be three layers of security all around every polling unit.

Reacting to questions on why the commission can not stop the PDP from fielding multiple candidates in Anambra state, Nwatarali said it was not the duty of INEC to present candidates to the party, rather the parties are charged to present one.

He further stated that INEC does not conduct elections for individuals, but for political parties, noting that it is the reason why only names of political parties are found on the ballot papers.

He further said that INEC list on the names of candidates was clear, and that only those whose names were on the list are authentic candidates standing for elections, even though it is all subject to the decision of the court.

http://m.dailytimes.com.ng/article/inec-advises-electorates-bring-cameras-polls#.VNRtOZgo_Fo
the general elections should not hold because INEC is not ready to conduct free, fair and credible elections as many Nigerians including myself have not received the PVC for the elections. I am from Imo state and reside in Kaduna state of Northern Nigeria, I want to let you all know that I have made effort to collect my PVC on four occasions but I was told INEC did not produce mine and I wondered why I should be disenfranchised in my country. This is the same fate with millions of Southerners in the North and other right thinking Northerners
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by igeolink: 9:25am On Feb 06, 2015
If u like call GEJ clueless..i will still vote for him
If u like call him Otuoke fisherman...I will still vote him
If u like call him the most corrupt leader...I will still vote for him
If u like call him senseless... My vote is still for him....
Wither GEJ will win or not...I will still vote for him
If u like tell me he hasn't completed his Ph.D...I will still vote for him..
Everyone in Nigeria should vote against GEJ...I will still be the only one to vote for him
I have made up my mind

2 Likes

Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by kheart(m): 9:45am On Feb 06, 2015
In as much is a gud thing, I ll nt advice anyone to use phone in volatile areas where one party dominates. I use my phone to record irregularities during d 2011 polls and I can assure u dat it s d riskiest thing ever.
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by notoriousbabe: 9:57am On Feb 06, 2015
Oklander:
hope soldiers go allow person use am.
for where,no be Naija we dey?
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by Nobody: 10:05am On Feb 06, 2015
jorlons:
There is already an existing tech that can do that effectively and remotely. They are called drones. They can be used to capture aerial views of all the happenings around the polling unit. Mobile phones can also be used but it may be a whole lot riskier.

that's true. Besides, the use of various individual mobile phones, may result in photoshopped and fake pictures.
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by titoetal(m): 10:14am On Feb 06, 2015
I commend INEC for this initiative. That's transparency in action.
Meanwhile you can pm me if you're within the South East for a high definition spy pen camera that records with clarity up to 1hr.

God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by jorlons(m): 10:14am On Feb 06, 2015
@Darepoju,
You're right to an extent. It may not be feasible to provide drone tech to all polling units. But parties can use it in regions where they've a weak hold and feel they may be rigged out.

@Fothermucker
Drones obviously has some limitations but if I were keen on monitoring the election in my polling unit I'll definitely use it. Mobile phones are limited in the sense that if thugs decide to do their jobs I'm sure you wouldn't be standing with ur phone to capture him. Same thing applies if violence were to break out.

@miraclewonder.
Drones are perfect in absence of CCTV compared to mobile phones esp if you want to monitor the actions of INEC staffs and security operatives who may not give you the opportunity of using your phones.

That said drones come with some challenges as well. But these challenges can be overcomed if truly you want to observe/monitor the election.
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by jatthobber(m): 10:30am On Feb 06, 2015
Audio: How Ekiti Election was manipulated by PDP & Federal Government using the army and other security agents.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvqd1Qj_NuY

...... The Canary Nation
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by killuminati(m): 10:30am On Feb 06, 2015
So na me go do FG work for FG abi? Make I bring my camera dey snap for INEC? No be wetin Jonadunce suppose put in place if he really means well? God punish GEJ!
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by paulinton: 10:49am On Feb 06, 2015
have u eva bin in a situation were camera bcoms useless, i mean wen u snap u wont see anything. Go to olumo rock and dey wil tel u how possible it is. How ever it is a welcome development and it wil foster transparency.Sai GEJ
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by BotherMleeper(m): 11:50am On Feb 06, 2015
jorlons:
@Darepoju,
You're right to an extent. It may not be feasible to provide drone tech to all polling units. But parties can use it in regions where they've a weak hold and feel they may be rigged out.

@Fothermucker
Drones obviously has some limitations but if I were keen on monitoring the election in my polling unit I'll definitely use it. Mobile phones are limited in the sense that if thugs decide to do their jobs I'm sure you wouldn't be standing with ur phone to capture him. Same thing applies if violence were to break out.

@miraclewonder.
Drones are perfect in absence of CCTV compared to mobile phones esp if you want to monitor the actions of INEC staffs and security operatives who may not give you the opportunity of using your phones.

That said drones come with some challenges as well. But these challenges can be overcomed if truly you want to observe/monitor the election.

Drones have limited battery except if you mean the really advanced ones like the predator or mq 9 reaper, which are really expensive and we do not have.

some of the youtube videos you see from conflict zones are captured with phones. Thugs can intimidate one or two voters, but not thousands, not everyone.
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by suzelle: 12:22pm On Feb 06, 2015
Need a very good paying part time job, Register at http://www.cashripe.com/?id=Suzelle Its easy, free and fun
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by Oklander: 1:02pm On Feb 06, 2015
sodiqyinka:
Soldiers don dey polling units now?
Na today!
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by mikolo80: 1:25pm On Feb 06, 2015
jorlons:
how much e cost for 1drone.how many you get.think before you talk
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 06, 2015
berem:
INEC is only making it official so that your camera will not be seized.
spy pen would do the best job! NO HASSLES!

1 Like

Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 06, 2015
otil1:
Jonathan gave the nation. Now votes are beginning to count!

To INEC, why not take this further and have official cctv of every polling centre. The technology is cheap and affordable.

it is not by force to make a point.
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by jorlons(m): 1:50pm On Feb 06, 2015
mikolo80:
how much e cost for 1drone.how many you get.think before you talk

My comment was not in anyway suggestive.

Drones are expensive quite alright

I don't need one cause I don't intend to monitor or observe the election.

You could have been less sarcastic in your response.
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by mikolo80: 2:05pm On Feb 06, 2015
jorlons:

My comment was not in anyway suggestive.

Drones are expensive quite alright

I don't need one cause I don't intend to monitor or observe the election.

You could have been less sarcastic in your response.

You know they are expensive
you know gov cant printers for pvc
yet you mention drones to monitor 120000 polling booths
and claim not suggestive
hmmm
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by tk4rd: 2:16pm On Feb 06, 2015
INEC have empowered you to be an observer and thus contribute to the freeness and fairness of the election,, and a never-happy individual like you is busy finding faults with the idea.??
otil1:
Jonathan gave the nation. Now votes are beginning to count!

To INEC, why not take this further and have official cctv of every polling centre. The technology is cheap and affordable.
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by jorlons(m): 2:17pm On Feb 06, 2015
mikolo80:
You know they are expensive
you know gov cant printers for pvc
yet you mention drones to monitor 120000 polling booths
and claim not suggestive
hmmm
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by mikolo80: 2:43pm On Feb 06, 2015
jorlons:

I'm just saying
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by drimlifestudios: 4:24pm On Feb 06, 2015
bakila:

PDP will not be offered an opportunity to rig?

Exactly, that is the same question on my mind. They can still divert ballot boxes to private close doors to thumb print them. Trust me, if rigging is going to happen from the top, then that's the plan. They will divert ballot boxes to un-identified location and then thumb print them. Scary, but we shouldn't rule out that option eh.
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by bakila: 4:27pm On Feb 06, 2015
drimlifestudios:

Exactly, that is the same question on my mind. They can still divert ballot boxes to private close doors to thumb print them. Trust me, if rigging is going to happen from the top, then that's the plan. They will divert ballot boxes to un-identified location and then thumb print them. Scary, but we shouldn't rule out that option eh.
Its an option, but a well known option. The goooooood part is that they do not have as much numbers as before. It will not be allowed in most of South-West and North-west. In areas that they think they are strong there are so much division and higher stakes in other elections that makes it impossible to stuff as they do before.
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 9:21pm On Feb 06, 2015
austinvsb1:
Before nko. My Spy pen camera with 8gb micro SD bought just for feb14 was already on standby. Change is inevitable.
You can expantiate on that pls. Will u b able to capture undetected? U can open a thread on tht and detail hw it works, hw much it costs and where to buy. Will be looking 4ward to that. We can make dis election free n fair 2geda.
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 9:40pm On Feb 06, 2015
Ask4bigneyo:
I pledge to Nigeria my Country,
To remove Buhari and Osinbajo comes FAILbuhari #14,
To be gentle, loyal on election day,
To vote Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Azikwe and Sambo with all my strength,
To protect my vote and uphold NO violence and trouble,
So help me God!
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 9:41pm On Feb 06, 2015
Ask4bigneyo:
I pledge to Nigeria my Country,
To remove Buhari and Osinbajo comes FAILbuhari #14,
To be gentle, loyal on election day,
To vote Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Azikwe and Sambo with all my strength,
To protect my vote and uphold NO violence and trouble,
So help me God!
I would ave kept this(tho I expect you to ave been told alrdy). Tho u are part of those still backing GEJ's return even in the face of his obvious display of inability to rule, I must advise u as tht's what we call love.
You can't do biz successfully and ave a 'party'. Do u xpect sm1 supporting APC or whom GEJ has prolly done wrong to buy 4rm u? U shud ave at least create another account to support your choice. Choice is personal and personal stuffs need be seperated 4rm business if u really meant to do well. Have u thought abt why Dangote was absent from that fundraising of 21bn for GEJ's campaign? I bliv he wud ave donated abundantly to that tin, bt he didn't attend and his deals were not known. Tht's a biznes man! U knw wht wud ave hapund to his companies image amongst its consumers? I bliv u've really grabbed my point. I also wanna bliv u're not a scammer, cos data sale scammers boku 4 here(one don do me wayo b4, lolx). Might do sm biz wit u smday, hehehe.
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by kelobestline(m): 11:45pm On Feb 06, 2015
Jega u're very stupid and incompetent (angry) I've waisted morethan 10k seaching 4 ma pvc and up till now no result to show 4 it. What den do u wnt me to do wit cameras during election without an eligibility to vote
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by Nobody: 11:52pm On Feb 06, 2015
The irregularities wey cameras capture for 2011 nko? wetin Inec use that evidence for?
Re: Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 17, 2015
jorlons:

yes.. i saw its footage also.. it was also displayed to GEJ by 9ja scientists as result of his funding them!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Receives Buhari Media Organisation (Photos) / Otunba Asoludero Of Iselu: Rochas Okorocha Bags Chieftaincy Title In Ogun State / Umahi Wins Ebonyi APC Senatorial Primary Rerun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.