Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,103 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

What's This Current Craze About Korean Movies In Nigeria? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What's This Current Craze About Korean Movies In Nigeria? (1903 Views)

Names Of Interesting Korean Movies / List Of 2014 And 2015 Korean Dramas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's This Current Craze About Korean Movies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:20am On Feb 06, 2015
Nigerians don't (and never ever) fail to surprise us.

First it was Paloma and Diego's "When you are mine" that ushered in a great deal of Telemundo-addiction among Nigerian movie lovers.

What I still don't get as at now is the current frenzy about Korean Movies; it seems to be taking over and it's starting to sound funny.

What's going on?

I won't be surprised if I see Uzbekistanian Movies hitting it big in Nigeria with the way this stuff is going.
Re: What's This Current Craze About Korean Movies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:36am On Feb 06, 2015
are u living under a rock or something? Nigerians have been crazy for Korea dramas like 6yrs ago....then jumong was the hit drama

1 Like

Re: What's This Current Craze About Korean Movies In Nigeria? by xreal: 5:41am On Feb 06, 2015
Reiyvinn:
Nigerians don't (and never ever) fail to surprise us.

First it was Paloma and Diego's "When you are mine" that ushered in a great deal of Telemundo-addiction among Nigerian movie lovers.

What I still don't get as at now is the current frenzy about Korean Movies; it seems to be taking over and it's starting to sound funny.

What's going on?

I won't be surprised if I see Uzbekistanian Movies hitting it big in Nigeria with the way this stuff is going.

Yes, our Nollywood don't give us movies with good story lines.
Korean films are just next to the best; you can't predict the next thing to happen, the stories are 'touching'.

Have you seen any? Try and see 'Jomong' ...
Re: What's This Current Craze About Korean Movies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:48am On Feb 06, 2015
xreal:

Yes, our Nollywood don't give us movies with good story lines.
Korean films are just next to the best; you can't predict the next thing to happen, the stories are 'touching'.

Have you seen any? Try and see 'Jomong' ...

I know Nollywood isn't quite up and doing as expected but Nigerians fun-searching every nook and cranny of the Universe is quite funny.

I wonder what the next trend would be.
Re: What's This Current Craze About Korean Movies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:50am On Feb 06, 2015
kallmemrB:
are u living under a rock or something? Nigerians have been crazy for Korea dramas like 6yrs ago....then jumong was the hit drama

Trust me, 6 years ago, it wasn't this pronounced.

The love was there, not the addiction.
Re: What's This Current Craze About Korean Movies In Nigeria? by xreal: 6:22am On Feb 06, 2015
Reiyvinn:

I know Nollywood isn't quite up and doing as expected but Nigerians fun-searching every nook and cranny of the Universe is quite funny.

I wonder what the next trend would be.

...searching for pleasure that will cushion the stress of epileptic power supply, insecurity, unemployment, government's neglect on citizenry et all.

Next trend will be better movie, better than the present Korean.

#goodmoviespree

Sai Buhari!
Re: What's This Current Craze About Korean Movies In Nigeria? by Smurfette(f): 4:05pm On Feb 06, 2015
OP just watch one of these movies-City Hunter, Faith, boys before flowers, playful kiss, the moon that embraces the sun and you will find the answer to your question. Simple
Re: What's This Current Craze About Korean Movies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Feb 06, 2015
I tire oo na so I dey follow one gurl chat she cum dey call me aigoo .m nt a fan though, almost all Korean serial has the same theme. undecided
Re: What's This Current Craze About Korean Movies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Feb 07, 2015
Smurfette:
OP just watch one of these movies-City Hunter, Faith, boys before flowers, playful kiss, the moon that embraces the sun and you will find the answer to your question. Simple

That sound like a Nollywood Movie title to me grin

1 Like

Re: What's This Current Craze About Korean Movies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Feb 07, 2015
JohnnyNY:
I tire oo na so I dey follow one gurl chat she cum dey call me aigoo .m nt a fan though, almost all Korean serial has the same theme. undecided

Hehehehe my guy's gf calls him "O-ppa" hehehehe grin grin grin

They need cane I swear!
Re: What's This Current Craze About Korean Movies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:32am On Feb 09, 2015
Like "Agent Smiths" in the Matrix, Those movies all look the same to me... I'll shoot my balls the day I watch any Korean Series...

Well uhm, No offense meant...

1 Like

Re: What's This Current Craze About Korean Movies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:41am On Feb 09, 2015
Smurfette:

Aghassi feel free to join this thread for best of Korean dramas https://www.nairaland.com/1472878/korean-movies-chatroom
Re: What's This Current Craze About Korean Movies In Nigeria? by Owobobrown(m): 11:57am On Feb 09, 2015
JohnnyNY:
same story with two girls in love with one guy or two guys in love with one girl
Re: What's This Current Craze About Korean Movies In Nigeria? by Smurfette(f): 1:23pm On Feb 09, 2015
kallmemrB:

Aghassi feel free to join this thread for best of Korean dramas https://www.nairaland.com/1472878/korean-movies-chatroom
thanks sunbae

(1) (Reply)

New / 2016’s Best Movies So Far / How To Host A Channel On Gotv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.