Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,100 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Gen. Babangida Backs Danjuma, Warns N/delta Ex- Militants Against War Threats - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gen. Babangida Backs Danjuma, Warns N/delta Ex- Militants Against War Threats (871 Views)

Buhari: Looters Recruited Niger-Delta Militants Against Us / Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva / War Threats: Niger Delta Ex-militants Give Danjuma 7-day Ultimatum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gen. Babangida Backs Danjuma, Warns N/delta Ex- Militants Against War Threats by Johnnyessence(m): 6:24am On Feb 06, 2015
Former Nigerian Head of State, General Ibrahim
Badamasi Babangida yesterday warned the Niger
Delta ex-militants to desist from making
provocative statements that are capable of
creating violence and threat to the peaceful co-
existence in the country.
The general gave the warning Wednesday while
being interviewed on the Hausa Service of Radio
France International (IFR), on how he viewed the
ex-militants’ statements on the 2015 general
elections.
This warning is coming following a war threat by
the Niger Delta ex-militants who said if president
Goodluck Jonathan lost 2015 presidential
election, the country would be broken.
Babangida said the ex-militants should be careful
and watchful of their words, saying that they
would be seriously dealt with if continued to
make such inciting comments, adding that elders
would not in any way allow people to put the
country into confusion.
He said, “We would not fold our hands and be
watching some unpatriotic citizens making nasty
utterances. It is uncalled for and not acceptable.
Whoever is not wishing good for the country, we
will deal with the person.
“Anytime I hear such nasty comments I become
worried because I know what it takes. No
reasonable soldier will accept such utterances. I
know what war is all about because I was once
in the military. I could remember when we were
at the battle field. It was not an easy task. I am
still having bullet wound on my body. We know
what we have suffered before the country remains
as one entity. So they should be careful, “he
added.
On the issue of Boko Haram insurgency,
Babangida called on both Muslims and Christians
to put their hands on deck to fight the dreaded
Boko Haram. thecallng.com/2015/02/gen-babangida-backs-danjuma-warns-ndelta-ex-militants-against-war-threats/
Re: Gen. Babangida Backs Danjuma, Warns N/delta Ex- Militants Against War Threats by saaedlee: 6:26am On Feb 06, 2015
Tompolo, Asari take Note!
Re: Gen. Babangida Backs Danjuma, Warns N/delta Ex- Militants Against War Threats by simplemach(m): 6:26am On Feb 06, 2015
Op whats the source. But i think on one hand i kind of like that threat by the millitants, just to remind some people that nobody has monopoly of violence.

1 Like

Re: Gen. Babangida Backs Danjuma, Warns N/delta Ex- Militants Against War Threats by Nobody: 6:27am On Feb 06, 2015
[b]It is sad to see many anti-progressives call Buhari names because of his tribal accent. Igbo's , Yoruba and Hausa's all have various ways of speaking and pronunciation due to our mother tongue. When i watched father Mbaka's video, his accent was obvious when he pronounced OIL as OYEL but does that makes him an illiterate? General Buhari reads, writes and gives speeches in English, but the hatred by some Nigerians will never let them see that fact.

The most supporters of this present administration are the Igbo's. They see this as an opportunity for them to avenge what was done to them during the civil war. They never blamed Ojukwu who started a suicide mission and ran to ivory coast leaving them to their fate. This is why they will never see anything good in Buhari even if GEJ does nothing, they are contented.

Had APC presented Fashola, Atiku or Kwankwaso , they will still find reasons to vote for GEJ and label Apc candidates bad. This hate is not about buhari, it's the way they feel they can get revenge for refusing to allow them form their Biafran territory. They call Yoruba's slave to the North and all sort of names. They are a petty tribe. Its unfortunate the disunity of this country originates from their region.

In 2011, we all saw GEJ as a messiah and we voted him en-masse irrespective of his tribe and religion. We thought he would deliver us from years of misrule due to his humble look and name GOODLUCK. Nigerians did not vote PDP but GEJ. Then Yoruba's were not tagged slaves for trooping out to vote for him en-masse.

They said APC and Buhari promised to make Nigeria ungovernable. My question is why can't these people be arrested if the statements tagged to them were true GEJ is the commander in chief of all forces in Nigeria and it baffles me how a civilian in Buhari can make his government ungovernable while he sits and watch without taking actions. Isn't that a high level of incompetence?

Good luck Jonathan is the worst president we ever had in this country. The misfortunes of his administrations exceeds the so called transformations. I urge everyone to vote wisely

Sai Buhari cool cool cool[/b]
Re: Gen. Babangida Backs Danjuma, Warns N/delta Ex- Militants Against War Threats by makeitijn: 6:29am On Feb 06, 2015
INTERESTED? we have 10,000MT
(eleven million liter)of
pure AGO (diesel) for sale at N98/
litre..product is located in
lagos.only
interested buyer call.vessel available for transportation. BUYER/SELLER
NEGOTIATION is one-one.. then
we send you our procedure.. if you
consent,then we send you SPA..
ETC ...

and if you are a buyer agent ie
- you link us the seller with a buyer-
be sure of #11 million naira as your
commission from the deal..

call daniel
on
Re: Gen. Babangida Backs Danjuma, Warns N/delta Ex- Militants Against War Threats by teemanbastos(m): 6:35am On Feb 06, 2015
lookingforjob:
[b]It is sad to see many anti-progressives call Buhari names because of his tribal accent. Igbo's , Yoruba and Hausa's all have various ways of speaking and pronunciation due to our mother tongue. When i watched father Mbaka's video, his accent was obvious when he pronounced OIL as OYEL but does that makes him an illiterate? General Buhari reads, writes and gives speeches in English, but the hatred by some Nigerians will never let them see that fact.

The most supporters of this present administration are the Igbo's. They see this as an opportunity for them to avenge what was done to them during the civil war. They never blamed Ojukwu who started a suicide mission and ran to ivory coast leaving them to their fate. This is why they will never see anything good in Buhari even if GEJ does nothing, they are contented.

Had APC presented Fashola, Atiku or Kwankwaso , they will still find reasons to vote for GEJ and label Apc candidates bad. This hate is not about buhari, it's the way they feel they can get revenge for refusing to allow them form their Biafran territory. They call Yoruba's slave to the North and all sort of names. They are a petty tribe. Its unfortunate the disunity of this country originates from their region.

In 2011, we all saw GEJ as a messiah and we voted him en-masse irrespective of his tribe and religion. We thought he would deliver us from years of misrule due to his humble look and name GOODLUCK. Nigerians did not vote PDP but GEJ. Then Yoruba's were not tagged slaves for trooping out to vote for him en-masse.

They said APC and Buhari promised to make Nigeria ungovernable. My question is why can't these people be arrested if the statements tagged to them were true GEJ is the commander in chief of all forces in Nigeria and it baffles me how a civilian in Buhari can make his government ungovernable while he sits and watch without taking actions. Isn't that a high level of incompetence?

Good luck Jonathan is the worst president we ever had in this country. The misfortunes of his administrations exceeds the so called transformations. I urge everyone to vote wisely

I love this writeup. Brilliant. People shudnt be blinded by tribe or party affliation and lets face facts. Tanx 4 dis bro.
Re: Gen. Babangida Backs Danjuma, Warns N/delta Ex- Militants Against War Threats by ORACLE1975(m): 6:40am On Feb 06, 2015
Thanks
Re: Gen. Babangida Backs Danjuma, Warns N/delta Ex- Militants Against War Threats by Ejemu1010(f): 6:40am On Feb 06, 2015
The genera has spoken...he who has ears let him........................
Re: Gen. Babangida Backs Danjuma, Warns N/delta Ex- Militants Against War Threats by eagleeye2: 6:53am On Feb 06, 2015
IBB, Danjuma and other Northern generals keep forgetting that they are no longer in their 20s and 30s when they displayed "false" bravery. If push comes to shove, the Oil well owners and former rulers of Nigeria will only start blaming Jonathan.
Nobody has a monopoly for violence. Even if Buhari wins, and sends the whole of Nigerian army to N.delta he will only succeed in quickening the division of this OIL UNITY.
Siddon look na dog name.
Re: Gen. Babangida Backs Danjuma, Warns N/delta Ex- Militants Against War Threats by eagleeye2: 7:07am On Feb 06, 2015
lookingforjob:

They never blamed Ojukwu who started a suicide mission and ran to ivory coast leaving them to their fate. This is why they will never see anything good in Buhari even if GEJ does nothing, they are contented.

I am only interested in why Ojukwu should be blamed for the war, but Shekau is not being blamed now? Rather than blame Shekau we are blaming Jonathan.
Secondly, have you forgotten that the Yorubas where set to vote for Buhari in 2011 before Ahmed Bola Tinubu made a U-turn just before the polls after striking the so called 'deal' with Jonathan. And because the Asiwaju has made a U-turn, the Yorubas who follow the Asiwaju unquestioningly equally made a U-turn.
Incase, you my message is not clear. Think deep if there is anytime the majority of Yorubas refused to tow the line of the Asiwaju politically. WHY?
The simple reason is that the Yorubas lack the will to make their own decision within themselves and for themselves. Their so called "Political Leader" must help them make up their mind.
If that is not Slave Mentality, I wonder what is?
Re: Gen. Babangida Backs Danjuma, Warns N/delta Ex- Militants Against War Threats by omenka(m): 7:13am On Feb 06, 2015
lookingforjob:

Re: Gen. Babangida Backs Danjuma, Warns N/delta Ex- Militants Against War Threats by Nobody: 8:16am On Feb 06, 2015
The tested Generals vs ragtag Militants. grin

(1) (Reply)

We Have Released Pvcs, INEC Replies Fani-kayode / A Bus Load Of Voting Papers Arrested In Niger State / I’ll Flee Nigeria If APC Wins —bode George

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.