Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Tension High In Osun As Tribunal Gives Vadict Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension High In Osun As Tribunal Gives Vadict Today (16085 Views)

Obaseki & Oshiomhole Jubilate As Tribunal Dismisses Ize Iyamu's Application(pics / Aisha Jummai-Alhassan 1st Elected Female Governor As Tribunal Sacks Ishaku / Jubilation In Osun As Aregbesola Is Declared Winner Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tension High In Osun As Tribunal Gives Vadict Today by Vanpascore(m): 9:47am On Feb 06, 2015
Most schools clossed, markets shut, people in mute as no one could say exactly what the judgement would be at the osun election petition tribunal today as vadict will be given. Here in Osogbo, though everywhere is calm but the PDP supporters are very hopeful of rejoicing after today's judgement. Reports also show that a lot of ceremonial dresses "aso ebi" are in stock for the celebration. To the APC supporters i contacted, he said "nothing dey happen" but God knows which side will rejoice after the judgement.
My Osun residents, let's keep our friends, living outside the state of Virtue updated by posting updates here. "Osun a dara o"

Osun tribunal judgment underway

The Election Petitions Tribunal sitting in Osogbo over matters arising from Osun State governorship election held on August 9th 2014, has begun delivering its final judgment.
The Chairman of the tribunal, Justice Elizabeth Ikpejime and other members of the panel filed into the courtroom at High Court premises, Osogbo at exactly 9am and started reading the judgment which is almost going to two hours as of the time of filing this report.
The judgment is most likely going to be unanimous as the chairman said ” this is our judgment” when she started.
The petitioner, Senator Iyiola Omisore of the Peoples Democratic Party and the first respondent, Governor Rauf Aregbesola of the All Progressives Congress were absent at the court but they were represented by leaders of their respective parties.
Security was beefed up around the court premises as security agents manned every available space at the venue of the judgment.
Lawyers, journalists and few politicians who were allowed inside the court room were thoroughly frisked by operatives of the Department of State Security and policemen.
The court room was also combed by members of the Explosive Ordinance Department.

http://www.punchng.com/news/osun-tribunal-judgment-underway/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tension High In Osun As Tribunal Gives Vadict Today by sammyj: 9:49am On Feb 06, 2015
Re: Tension High In Osun As Tribunal Gives Vadict Today by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 06, 2015
incase
Re: Tension High In Osun As Tribunal Gives Vadict Today by Dahjhi: 10:01am On Feb 06, 2015
Please we need Updates here..

The formationion reaching us said the judge apparently denied the medias from braodcating the judgemrnt live.. The judgment process is been broadcasted live before she chased the press out.. *Fingers Crossed*.

MODIFIED : AREGBE REMAIN OSUN GOV AS THE JUDGE UPHELD THE AUG 9 GOV ELECTION RESULT.
Re: Tension High In Osun As Tribunal Gives Vadict Today by kheart(m): 10:14am On Feb 06, 2015
Hmmm following in 3D, Ekiti should be next cos I don't understand how d state dat claim to ve all d professors in naija will end up voting. a first class agbero/tout as governor.

6 Likes

Re: Tension High In Osun As Tribunal Gives Vadict Today by Akon419(m): 10:27am On Feb 06, 2015
kheart:
Hmmm following in 3D, Ekiti should be next cos I don't understand how d state dat claim to ve all d professors in naija will end up voting. a first class agbero/tout as governor.
hahaha. U remind me of BUHRI

19 Likes

Re: Tension High In Osun As Tribunal Gives Vadict Today by nicklaus40: 10:34am On Feb 06, 2015
Well so far it is going Aregbe's way as d judges admitted that contrary to what the law says the pdp filled the case too late, also most of the petitions av been striked out as one of the judges said 'the petitioner failed woefully' but we are still waiting for the final pronouncement

6 Likes

Re: Tension High In Osun As Tribunal Gives Vadict Today by Nobody: 10:54am On Feb 06, 2015
kheart:
sorry, Ekiti judgement has been delivered and Fayose's victory was upheld.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tension High In Osun As Tribunal Gives Vadict Today by Caseless: 11:18am On Feb 06, 2015
shegsky:

sorry, Ekiti judgement has been delivered and Fayose's victory was upheld.
hehehehe...dream on. U think fayose is a winner even as an audio of how they rigged the election has surfaced? U never see anything.

5 Likes

Re: Tension High In Osun As Tribunal Gives Vadict Today by Nobody: 11:34am On Feb 06, 2015
Drum roll.......AND THE WINNER IS..........
Re: Tension High In Osun As Tribunal Gives Vadict Today by iiichidodo: 11:34am On Feb 06, 2015
APC has lost Osun State...

5 Likes

Re: Tension High In Osun As Tribunal Gives Vadict Today by frodobee: 11:34am On Feb 06, 2015
High tension? nepa abi? No light joor
Re: Tension High In Osun As Tribunal Gives Vadict Today by BUSHHUNTER: 11:34am On Feb 06, 2015
Who cares

1 Like

Re: Tension High In Osun As Tribunal Gives Vadict Today by Barselonia(m): 11:35am On Feb 06, 2015
tension ke

I wasn't move for once about the tribunal verdict Because all what osun is clamoring for is #CHANGE

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tension High In Osun As Tribunal Gives Vadict Today by credibleGod(m): 11:35am On Feb 06, 2015
Re: Tension High In Osun As Tribunal Gives Vadict Today by kasheemawo(m): 11:35am On Feb 06, 2015
ClerverIy:
aregbe is a crimial
buhari is a terrorist

apc is bokoharam

are you high?

5 Likes

Re: Tension High In Osun As Tribunal Gives Vadict Today by appini: 11:35am On Feb 06, 2015
Okay
Re: Tension High In Osun As Tribunal Gives Vadict Today by zimoni(f): 11:36am On Feb 06, 2015
I Wish Aregbesola Best of Luck.

I've called my people at Ife to be alert.

Ilare is the stronghold of PDP in Ife, boys might cause violence if Omisore isn't declared winner.

Pray God takes control.

Omisebi can't divide us.

Peace.

4 Likes

Re: Tension High In Osun As Tribunal Gives Vadict Today by yourmesprings(m): 11:37am On Feb 06, 2015
There's nothing to decide. Pdp phools should learn how to loose and resign!
Re: Tension High In Osun As Tribunal Gives Vadict Today by Nobody: 11:37am On Feb 06, 2015
I'm on front page
Re: Tension High In Osun As Tribunal Gives Vadict Today by kennibk: 11:37am On Feb 06, 2015
PDP case File out of time is second point(Evidence)! on this note the evidence has been thrown out again!

1 Like

Re: Tension High In Osun As Tribunal Gives Vadict Today by taiwoflb: 11:37am On Feb 06, 2015
ok
Re: Tension High In Osun As Tribunal Gives Vadict Today by Nobody: 11:38am On Feb 06, 2015
Why is Omisore wasting his time? Aregbesola is the Governor till 2018.

14 Likes

Re: Tension High In Osun As Tribunal Gives Vadict Today by Nobody: 11:39am On Feb 06, 2015
No matter how, the judgement 'll still be in favour of the Incumbent

Sai Ogbeni!

8 Likes

Re: Tension High In Osun As Tribunal Gives Vadict Today by wale0911: 11:39am On Feb 06, 2015
Today is Aregbe's day. I call it confirmation of victory.
No cause for tension. The people have decided August the 9th and so shall it be. looking forward to February the 14th...... details later.

1 Like

Re: Tension High In Osun As Tribunal Gives Vadict Today by yourmesprings(m): 11:39am On Feb 06, 2015
ClerverIy:
aregbe is a crimial
buhari is a terrorist

apc is bokoharam

I forgot this is just your username: cleverly. I see you're just the opposite: e-ram

4 Likes

Re: Tension High In Osun As Tribunal Gives Vadict Today by luv2talk(m): 11:39am On Feb 06, 2015
Nothing Go happen, May the Best Candidate win.

Meanwhile

DO YOU HAVE A BIG TUMMY

See Top 10 Easiest Ways To Burn Big Tummy Fat Without Gym, See the secret here
Re: Tension High In Osun As Tribunal Gives Vadict Today by PerfumeRepublik: 11:40am On Feb 06, 2015
Streets is watching
Re: Tension High In Osun As Tribunal Gives Vadict Today by payoski: 11:41am On Feb 06, 2015
Please more updates
Re: Tension High In Osun As Tribunal Gives Vadict Today by chamboy(m): 11:41am On Feb 06, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

No Other Party Will Rule In Lagos Except APC – Akiolu / Osinbajo & Governor Abubakar Bello In Closed-Door Meeting / Chime Has Thyroid Cancer - SaharaReporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.