Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,571 members, 7,865,379 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:55 PM

Can There Ever Be "Equality" ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can There Ever Be "Equality" ? (334 Views)

Saraki Receives Amended Gender Equality Opportunity (GEO) Bill / Rejection Of Gender Equality Bill: You Are Wrong, Itodo Tells Senate / Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can There Ever Be "Equality" ? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Feb 06, 2015
Sometimes I wonder far away from my rebel self...reflecting if we can truly have some of those concepts me and my Comrades fights for.
Lets take "Equality" as an example.

Can we truly have such thing as equality ?
My mama gave me birth on board a bike {Okada}, on her way to the nearest merternity. Not until the velocity of my cry increased that the Okada man became aware of the birth.
Into the nearest neibhourhood the Okada man pulled over. I was bath with well water because there was no pipeborne water. It took the help of a candle for the folks to handle the infant because for the past 6 weeks there had been power outage {Nepa no bring light} .

Meanwhile, my friend somewhere in this same country was given birth to in a paradise-like home, with the purest of water, and where "Up Nepa" is so strange that they will think you are saying incantations if they heard you say it.

Now, will it be just to say me and this my friend are equal ?

If you were to be that friend of mine, will you ever agree that we are equal ?

Am just wondering. . . !

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: GEJ Ordered The Rigging In Ekiti Guber Elections / Essay Competition!!! / Not Buhari Nor Goodluck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.