Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Jonathan's Transformation Train From Kano To Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Transformation Train From Kano To Lagos (1000 Views)

David Mark Spotted On A Train From Abuja To Kaduna Today (Photos) / FG Unveils Take-off Of High Speed Train From Abuja To Lagos / Buhari Riding On Jonathan's Transformation Train(picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan's Transformation Train From Kano To Lagos by apoti(m): 2:22pm On Feb 06, 2015
So much noise has been made about the transformation in the Railway section by Jonathan. So I decided to have a look at the Nigerian Railway Corporation's website.

According to NRC, it takes a whole 29.24 hours (1 day, 5 hours, 24 mins) to travel from Kano to Lagos (1,000 km) shocked This indicates that the train travels at approximately 35km/hr. I should point out that it takes about 10-11hours to travel the same distance (from Plymouth to Aberdeen) in the UK.

I'm not sure what kind of train this is, but it certainly does not justify the billions that have been spent in this sector.

Re: Jonathan's Transformation Train From Kano To Lagos by sayso: 2:22pm On Feb 06, 2015
Transformation
Re: Jonathan's Transformation Train From Kano To Lagos by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 06, 2015
Anytime I hear about these so called trains I feel like vomiting

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Transformation Train From Kano To Lagos by apoti(m): 2:30pm On Feb 06, 2015
Yungwizzzy:
Anytime I hear about these so called trains I feel like vomiting

To think that we have spent billions on these so-called 'transformation' trains actually makes me sick

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Transformation Train From Kano To Lagos by Nobody: 2:36pm On Feb 06, 2015
In UK there are different types of trains

some are faster than the other

a journey of 1000 miles begin with a step. What GEJ has achieved is a good start. We can go on and improve it with high speed trains but its better than nothing and is still an achievement

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Transformation Train From Kano To Lagos by truthispainful: 2:41pm On Feb 06, 2015
Lolz, this man call Gej is a failure and he alwayz lies. The so calld train he said he restorated was the once used in UK Before christ... Al I know is that Jonathan has lost this Election and come february 14 #Buhar is gonna be our next president.
Re: Jonathan's Transformation Train From Kano To Lagos by RedArrow: 2:41pm On Feb 06, 2015
The Otuoke man brough Locomotive

1890 Locomotive to Nigeria.

And He's so proud of it.

This Locomotive has formed the major campaign message of Dumbo sorry Sambo

I will rather stay in my house following election up on TV than to vote GEJ again.

But, since we get bad leaders when good people chose not to vote, I will rather vote for GMB of APC.

Please Naija youth, shun violence, do not be used.

I encourage every eligible voters to make a concerted effort to vote if we really want change.

God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan's Transformation Train From Kano To Lagos by apoti(m): 3:03pm On Feb 06, 2015
mikeansy:
In UK there are different types of trains

some are faster than the other

a journey of 1000 miles begin with a step. What GEJ has achieved is a good start. We can go on and improve it with high speed trains but its better than nothing and is still an achievement

I totally agree that a journey of a 1000 miles begin with a step. But why accept a bicycle when you can afford and have paid for a ca?
Re: Jonathan's Transformation Train From Kano To Lagos by hazyfm1: 3:05pm On Feb 06, 2015
TRASH

(1) (Reply)

Mercy Johnson And Her Daughter Purity Travels On A Train. See Cute Photos / Read: What Femi Fani-kayode Said About President Goodluck Jonathan / GEJ's Chatham House Protest Disaster - My Story By Rose Peter Graham (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.