Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,899 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

INEC To Decide On Poll Shift Saturday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC To Decide On Poll Shift Saturday (21916 Views)

APC Allegations On Poll Shift, Others Baseless —presidency / Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift / Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC To Decide On Poll Shift Saturday by LMAyedun(m): 2:39pm On Feb 06, 2015
BREAKING: INEC to decide on poll shift Saturday

The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, has stated that it would hold a meeting with chairmen and secretaries of all registered political parties, and Resident Electoral Commissioners, RECs on Saturday, to decide whether to go ahead with the general elections billed for February 14 and 28.

A statement Friday by Kayode Idowu, the spokesperson of INEC Chairman, Attahiru Jega, said after meetings, “the Commission will address a press conference to brief the nation on its decision with regard to whether or not the general elections will hold as currently scheduled”.

Mr. Jega had on Thursday briefed the National Council of States on the preparedness of the Commission to conduct the 2015 general elections.

He made a presentation titled, Preparations for the 2015 General Elections: Progress Report.

The National Security Adviser, NSA, Sambo Dasuki, and Armed Services Chiefs also briefed the Council on the current security situation.

Mr. Jega had informed the council that the commission was in a better position to conduct the election at present compared to the 2011 election.

“Compared with the 2011 General Elections, for instance, our systems are definitely more robust. We believe that we are ready for the elections as planned,” Mr. Jega said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/176355-breaking-inec-decide-poll-shift-saturday.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC To Decide On Poll Shift Saturday by watered(m): 2:40pm On Feb 06, 2015
No source?
Re: INEC To Decide On Poll Shift Saturday by yunglykmine(m): 2:45pm On Feb 06, 2015
Okay! fingers crossed.
Re: INEC To Decide On Poll Shift Saturday by naturally: 2:50pm On Feb 06, 2015
Procastination is a disease

2 Likes

Re: INEC To Decide On Poll Shift Saturday by SweetJoystick(m): 2:53pm On Feb 06, 2015
If the decision to postpone the elections come from the parties involved in the election the it's welcomed rather from PDP/GEJ who is scared of losing the forthcoming presidential elections........if they are performed excelently well, why the fear of contesting when your good works or records should speak for you.....Well, we know better, the reverse is the case, hence the panic

17 Likes

Re: INEC To Decide On Poll Shift Saturday by Ventura1: 2:54pm On Feb 06, 2015
I smell postponement!

2 Likes

Re: INEC To Decide On Poll Shift Saturday by igbokwesampson(m): 3:02pm On Feb 06, 2015
let the will of God prevail

4 Likes

Re: INEC To Decide On Poll Shift Saturday by Skako(m): 3:23pm On Feb 06, 2015
Shey jega don take bribe ni

u better postpone val day instead of election day if possible
anyway

sai buhari

20 Likes

Re: INEC To Decide On Poll Shift Saturday by FRANCISEKE1(m): 3:24pm On Feb 06, 2015
Ok
Re: INEC To Decide On Poll Shift Saturday by APCREP: 3:25pm On Feb 06, 2015
oshiomole adams first tenure in edo state clearly with his work and developmnt no fear no doubt he knew he was going to win even though he had a very strong opposition drom pdp the man of arieavbere
every body knew he would win because EVERY BODY LIKE BETTER THINGS
my guy GEJ has done nothing
so he is scared to loose but its a fact he would loose because nigerians are wise now
THEM DEY SEE WHO NOR LIKE BETTER THING?.....

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC To Decide On Poll Shift Saturday by FastShipping: 3:25pm On Feb 06, 2015
Jega has been under pressure to do Jonathan's bidding. It won't bode well in the public if he decides to postpone the elction.

5 Likes

Re: INEC To Decide On Poll Shift Saturday by Bevista: 3:25pm On Feb 06, 2015
“Compared with the 2011 General Elections, for instance, our systems are definitely more robust. We believe that we are ready for the elections as planned,” Mr. Jega said.
There is absolutely no reason to postpone elections. INEC is fully prepared and ready - Elections Must Hold!

If there are security challenges in any part of the country, the law permits INEC to postpone elections ONLY in those areas (not country-wide postponement).

Apparently, the PDP needs time to re-strategize on their vile propaganda & campaign of calumny, since the ones they have done so far is not working.

#ElectionMustHold
#TeamGMB2015
#SaiBuhari

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC To Decide On Poll Shift Saturday by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 06, 2015
Abeg they should declare public holiday in Abuja o.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC To Decide On Poll Shift Saturday by Burger01(m): 3:25pm On Feb 06, 2015
No need to decide. Election will hold as scheduled...

6 Likes

Re: INEC To Decide On Poll Shift Saturday by kamez(m): 3:26pm On Feb 06, 2015
Gross incompetence by iNEC for even daring to consider postponement

I visited one of the Inec offices here in lagos last week, and by 10am, no staff was present.. The gateman actually resumed by 10:15am.. With such work ethics, how can INEC achieve anything on time?

If the task is so overwhelming for jega, then he should do the needful and resign...

Jega should go back to the classroom
INEC and its staff should be probed..

They are all lazy and incompetent

7 Likes

Re: INEC To Decide On Poll Shift Saturday by Gepheral: 3:26pm On Feb 06, 2015
After rejecting the proposal yesterday (for about 8hrs) and this is now 'BREAKING'... What can I say, I guess Mr. Jega just wanna Break hearts finally (in minutes) by telling them to their face that #electionmusthold!

CHANGE is self promoting

3 Likes

Re: INEC To Decide On Poll Shift Saturday by Moz22: 3:26pm On Feb 06, 2015
JEGA....JEGA........JEGA

how many times did i call u?
Re: INEC To Decide On Poll Shift Saturday by lacasa: 3:26pm On Feb 06, 2015
Postpone at your own risk, Jega

#GMB2015

3 Likes

Re: INEC To Decide On Poll Shift Saturday by BAMMGROUP: 3:26pm On Feb 06, 2015
Say No to poll shift

3 Likes

Re: INEC To Decide On Poll Shift Saturday by freshness2020: 3:27pm On Feb 06, 2015
We are waiting!
I have no choice than to accept whatever thaat comes from the meeting in good faith!
Whether they postpone it or not.I have chosen my GEJ as my President for one more term!

11 Likes

Re: INEC To Decide On Poll Shift Saturday by candidbabe(f): 3:27pm On Feb 06, 2015
if that will ensure free fair and violence free election,
I am not bothered.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC To Decide On Poll Shift Saturday by fitzmayowa: 3:27pm On Feb 06, 2015
Elections will not be postponed, its just normal for INEC to hold meetings like this, they would rather inform nigerians on the method they intend to adopt in distributing the remaining PVC massively....Let's keep our fingers crossed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC To Decide On Poll Shift Saturday by Firefire(m): 3:27pm On Feb 06, 2015
Postponement not required. angry

Countdown to FAILBUHARY 2015

5 Likes

Re: INEC To Decide On Poll Shift Saturday by bastien: 3:27pm On Feb 06, 2015
U can only postpone qualifiers but not finals
Re: INEC To Decide On Poll Shift Saturday by ELGREF(m): 3:27pm On Feb 06, 2015
If that what will bring peaceful, free and fair election, let them go ahead
Re: INEC To Decide On Poll Shift Saturday by otokx(m): 3:27pm On Feb 06, 2015
I thought the council of state meeting had settled this matter so what is all this?

3 Likes

Re: INEC To Decide On Poll Shift Saturday by Firefire(m): 3:27pm On Feb 06, 2015
I want this false hope by Hay Fee Ceee to END quickly.

Remember: NO Vacancy in Aso-rock till 2019.

Don't waste your vote. Vote wisely.
[size=15pt]

Weeping Season IV
[/size]

7 Likes

Re: INEC To Decide On Poll Shift Saturday by fitzmayowa: 3:28pm On Feb 06, 2015
SweetJoystick:
If the decision to postpone the elections come from the parties involved in the election the it's welcomed rather from PDP/GEJ who is scared of losing the forthcoming presidential elections........if they are performed excelently well, why the fear of contesting when your good works or records should speak for you.....Well, we know better, the reverse is the case, hence the panic

Postponement of election is not a GEJ/PDP, unless you are saying INEC is PDP, INEC is the only authorised body that can hold or postpone elections and not PDP as party...

If elections will be postponed it will come from INEC, and they would need to tell nigerians why they have decided to postpone the elections...

1 Like

Re: INEC To Decide On Poll Shift Saturday by Mentcee(m): 3:28pm On Feb 06, 2015
Good news. *In Aliyu's voice *Let Buhari and his suckporters go and d !

1 Like

Re: INEC To Decide On Poll Shift Saturday by appini: 3:29pm On Feb 06, 2015
Whenever GEJ is prepared, Jega will be ready.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan's $15m To Go Into TSA - EFCC / Akwa Ibom Government Challenges Akpabio On Four Point Hotel / Alleged Recovery Of Naira Notes At Wadata Is not true - Benue Police Command

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.