Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,746 members, 7,820,574 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? (6505 Views)

20 Hilarious Grammars Of Patrick Obahiagbon And Their Meaning / The Meaning Of Recently Found Word "Demonym" / What Is The Meaning Of Year-To-Date (YTD) On Payslips? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by GIRLY(f): 7:29pm On Aug 22, 2006
i want to know
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by Eastcoast(f): 8:21pm On Aug 22, 2006
already
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by dondele(m): 10:09pm On Aug 22, 2006
dejavu is already? damn, beyonce's song makes no sense den.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by Eurphoria(f): 11:58pm On Aug 22, 2006
Girly smiley

The term déjà vu (French: "already seen", also called paramnesia) describes the experience of feeling that one has witnessed or experienced a new situation previously. The term was created by a French psychic researcher, Émile Boirac (1851–1917) in his book L'Avenir des sciences psychiques (The Future of Psychic Sciences), which expanded upon an essay he wrote while an undergraduate French concentrator at the University of Chicago. The experience of déjà vu is usually accompanied by a compelling sense of familiarity, and also a sense of "eerieness," "strangeness," or "weirdness." The "previous" experience is most frequently attributed to a dream, although in some cases there is a firm sense that the experience "genuinely happened" in the past.
The experience of déjà vu seems to be very common; in formal studies 70% or more of the population report having experienced it at least once.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by hotangel2(f): 5:58am On Aug 23, 2006
Euphoria, that's long story men. lol

Deja vu is in a small sentence is the illusion/impression of having already experienced something actually being experienced for the first time.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by Eurphoria(f): 4:49pm On Aug 23, 2006
Girly did not ask for a long or short meaning of the word. Basically your explanation to someone who does not know what Deja vu is or the feeling, would not know what you are talking about. I felt the explanation i found would help her get a full meaning of this word. Ever heard of Deep and surface learning? (if u are in university or have been you will know what this means)

I dont appreciate your comment, you are free to give your explanation of the word the poster enquired about, you just dont go about dismissing others when all you have done is scratched the surface and in effect sounded like a parrot.

Sorry maybe i should have waited till you came on the thread to give ur meaning, i think you a bit peeved that someone got here before you. i see you come here telling grown men and women about life, when you have hardly stared life urself luv, On my worst day you can not out smart me love.

I am out sorry girly didnt mean to upset ur thread just like to speak my mind when ppl with the attention of a goldfish try to appear smart.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by Raymand(m): 7:31pm On Aug 23, 2006
What? so you mean to tell me sey you know the meaning of deja vu tili beyounce sing that song? na wow oh!
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by hotangel2(f): 3:30am On Aug 24, 2006
Eurphoria:

Girly did not ask for a long or short meaning of the word. Basically your explanation to someone who does not know what Deja vu is or the feeling, would not know what you are talking about. I felt the explanation i found would help her get a full meaning of this word. Ever heard of Deep and surface learning?  (if u are in university or have been you will know what this means)

I don't appreciate your comment, you are free to give your explanation of the word the poster enquired about, you just don't go about dismissing others when all you have done is scratched the surface and in effect sounded like a parrot.

Sorry maybe i should have waited till you came on the thread to give your meaning, i think you a bit peeved that someone got here before you. i see you come here telling grown men and women about life, when you have hardly stared life yourself love, On my worst day you can not out smart me love.

I am out sorry girly didnt mean to upset your thread just like to speak my mind when people with the attention  of a goldfish try to appear smart.

@ Eurphoria, I wasn't in anyway trying to prove that i was 'smart'. Real smart people don't blow their trumpet to the world. And I Didn't say your meaning was wrong.

Now i see no reason why u had to preach an epistle on the fact that 'on your worst day, u are smarter than me' when i didn't even mean what i said to offend you. But hey, If i offended u in any way whatsoever with what i have said, I'm sorry ma'am.  I clearly have offended you (even tho i didn't mean to offend you), So I'm Sorry.  I never said i was smarter than you, neither was i trying to 'out smart' you.

BTW,  I love goldfish, u know the snack? I prefer the one made from cheese.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by dondele(m): 5:31am On Aug 24, 2006
@eurphoria
good one girl. give it to them "ITKs" here. some cant stand it when ppl beat them to something.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by WesleyanA(f): 6:16am On Aug 24, 2006
@Eurphoria, i'm sure HotA meant no harm (wasn't trying to outsmart you). don't feel threatened.   smiley

@HotA, j'adore goldfish (the snack) aussi. oh lala. lol

dondele:

@eurphoria
good one girl. give it to them "ITKs" here. some can't stand it when people beat them to something.
what's your definition for deja vu?  tongue
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by Nella(f): 11:35am On Aug 24, 2006
Naaaa DEJA VU means when u thibg u c sumfin, but really it ain't there!
so she's thinking she's cing Jay-Z every where, but it's only DEJA VU ( so her songs makes sense)
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by Nella(f): 11:37am On Aug 24, 2006
u don't need long stories 2 understand=)
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by dondele(m): 2:35pm On Aug 24, 2006
@wesly
so u will say im immature like u called diddy abi? one of the reasons he aint here. anyways i think nella got it.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by Eurphoria(f): 5:29pm On Aug 24, 2006
@Wesleyane
eeerrmm threatened? i think not (irritated by this assumption and interferance)
errmm, appreciate you may have ur friends here, but hey do me a favour dont tell me what you think she meant or didn't( amateur psychologist annoy the hell out of me)if you feel i have been abrupt by my reply to u, them i do not apologise because, whatever i was talkin about was not addressed to you.

@Hotangel
love the reverse psychology and sarcasm there, don't wash with me Luv. i was not offended just telling you how it is.
wink

@Nella
, nah forget it.

@Dondele
Hmmm, you didnt tell me you were friends with Diddy. iI wont have a go at you again, any friend of Diddy is a friend of mine. Speak to him recently?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by dondele(m): 5:53pm On Aug 24, 2006
well, didnt want to tell u about diddy cuzz it will change the whole thing. yeah, i spoke with hm recently and he is ok. tried getting him to comeback to this site and he blatanly refused. said some ppl here are just not worth his time plus he has work to do and ish. wesly and her friend are one of the reasons he left including your admin. he is in another site now even though he aint posting much there.

what u told wesly was funny as hell. cant stop laughing. amateur psychologist, damn, dat ish is so funny. dont like her guts at all. all these microbes here that think they know it all. non sense.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by damygurl(f): 2:15am On Aug 25, 2006
wasn't gon say notin but i'm bored so here goes. yall' r d ones acting like  amateur psychologist. she's a friend of mine and since u talking about her friends you talking to me too. in truth that definition u gave was too lng.

The term was created by a French psychic researcher, Émile Boirac (1851–1917) in his book L'Avenir des sciences psychiques (The Future of Psychic Sciences), which expanded upon an essay he wrote while an undergraduate French concentrator at the University of Chicago.The experience of déjà vu seems to be very common; in formal studies 70% or more of the population report having experienced it at least once. that's story story/junk. she didn't ask 4 all of that. your first sentence was all d answer she needed.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by neelsel(f): 2:28am On Aug 25, 2006
Knowledge is POWER!!!!!!
Gracias Eurphoria,,
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by Zahymaka(m): 3:13am On Aug 25, 2006
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by WesleyanA(f): 3:37am On Aug 25, 2006
dondele:

@wesly
so u will say im immature like u called diddy abi? one of the reasons he aint here. anyways i think nella got it.

why do you care so much what I (or any NL member) might call you?  undecided
(you "spoke your mind" in the form of verbal abuse at the other thread but that didn't stop me from replying your posts did it?)
Diddy probably doesn't have a clue of who I am (i've seen his posts though) so I really don't get what you mean.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by WesleyanA(f): 3:44am On Aug 25, 2006
I can't see your post, Zah. cheesy
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by iice(f): 5:07am On Aug 25, 2006
Na wow o
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by dondele(m): 2:19pm On Aug 25, 2006
wonder why he will have a clue of who you are when u dont exist to him. u and your friend including the one ranting here about amateur psychologist.

damygurl, eurphoria did a great job so stop yapping.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by damygurl(f): 4:51pm On Aug 25, 2006
i'm not denying her def. was wrong or if she did a great job. just that it got unneccesssary junk, all that talk about itk and goldfish whatever was uncalled for.   u d one doing d yapping. y d heck would i care whether someone on here know me? u expect everybody to know/be aware/recognise and be friends with all 45,830+ members? even people without a life can't afford to have that much stress.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by WesleyanA(f): 11:00pm On Aug 25, 2006
dondele:

wonder why he will have a clue of who you are when u don't exist to him.

good. I don't know him, he doesn't know me. we'll leave it at that. (if only there was an impassive faced smiley  up there). :-|

never knew an uncited wikipedia definition of 'deja vu' could cause so much commotion.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by dondele(m): 11:36pm On Aug 25, 2006
whateva
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by Eastcoast(f): 11:38pm On Aug 25, 2006
WesleyanA:

never knew an uncited wikipedia definition of 'deja vu' could cause so much commotion.

i don't think it caused any commotion at all. I think itz y'all that caused the commotion.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by dondele(m): 11:40pm On Aug 25, 2006
it is her and her "know it all" friend.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by WesleyanA(f): 11:48pm On Aug 25, 2006
dondele:

it is her and her "know it all" friend.

with you included.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by dondele(m): 12:05am On Aug 26, 2006
funny.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by WesleyanA(f): 3:50am On Aug 26, 2006
boring
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by kiki(f): 7:27am On Aug 26, 2006
i tot it meant danger
Re: What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? by Eurphoria(f): 10:47am On Aug 28, 2006
@Eastcoast
Thanks glad an objective person sees the full picture. I actually thot this thread was dead in the waters, only to see it on my list of responses, Do you know how i can stop getting replies on topics i no longer wish to view? Please send the info to me thanks.

@Dondele
Hi babes, please dont rise to mud slinging on this thread it is not worth it, not this thread at all, totally trivial. Catch you around, muah kiss

@Kiki
Aww sweet smiley

P.s
I hope Girly(originator of thread) finally got her definition amid this whole palavar, be a good time for seun to lock, i think it has come to the end of its life smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Know Lagos Postal Code / The Most Educated Countries In The World Top 20 / Neco Ssce 2018/2019 Registration Form,price & How To Register To Avoid Mistake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.