Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Abeokuta Pdp Bring Guns At A Peace Meeting: 3 Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abeokuta Pdp Bring Guns At A Peace Meeting: 3 Dead (967 Views)

Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV / Tinubu's Address In Abeokuta (pdp's Horror Movie) Full Video / Obasanjo Shuns PDP Peace Meeting Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abeokuta Pdp Bring Guns At A Peace Meeting: 3 Dead by earTHMama: 4:47pm On Dec 31, 2008
Three feared dead as PDP factions clash at peace meeting

By Ademola Oni, Abeokuta

Three persons were feared killed on Tuesday, as the two factions of the Ogun State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party from Ijebu North Local Government Area engaged each other in a gun duel at the party's secretariat in Abeokuta, the state capital.

Scores of supporters, who had travelled from the local government area in solidarity with the principal characters in the political crisis, were reported to be receiving medical attention in different hospitals in the state capital for injuries sustained during the clash.

The PDP faction, said to be fighting for the control of the party in the local government was led by the council Chairman, Mr. Tele Ogunjobi, while the other faction was led by the state Commissioner for Works, Mr. Segun Adekoya.

Thousands of party supporters had gathered at the secretariat, early on Tuesday morning as news filtered in that the disciplinary committee set up to investigate some internal wrangling among chieftains of the party in Ijebu North would meet at the secretariat.

A member who witnessed the development as it unfolded, told our correspondent that the meeting of the committee, chaired by a chieftain of the party, Maj. Ferdinand Keku (rtd.), had hardly commenced when gunmen, numbering about 10, invaded the vicinity of the secretariat, shooting indiscriminately.

Two people were allegedly killed in the fracas, while our correspondent saw a lifeless body of a middle-aged man at the police post beside the Governor's Office, Oke Mosan.

The State Secretary of the PDP, Chief Pegba Otemolu, told our correspondent that the meeting of the committee was shifted to Abeokuta when it was discovered that some people were reported to have planned to disrupt it.

He said, "They were supposed to meet in Ago Iwoye on Monday but the meeting had to be moved to Abeokuta because of security concern. Thank God that the meeting was moved; what would have happened if the meeting had been held in Ago Iwoye?"

Otemolu, the state PDP Director of Organisation, Mr. Deji Kalejaiye, and the State Deputy Commissioner of Police, Mr. Okoye Ikemefuna, however, denied the claim that two people died at the scene of the fracas.

Kalejaiye, who explained that the gunmen did not gain entrance into the party secretariat, did not deny that there were shootings outside the premises.

He said, "I can tell you authoritatively that the people (gunmen) did not enter the secretariat; the policemen secured the gate and the people could not enter. What happened were just skirmishes but I'm not aware that people died,"

Ikemefuna, who said he came to the venue of the meeting after the incidence, said they dispersed the crowd because the police had to maintain the peace.

The state Police Commissioner, Mr. Dipo Ayeni, who spoke with newsmen in Ogere, however, said the police would commence a manhunt for the perpetrators of the disturbance.

Ayeni said, "We will surely arrest those who were behind the crisis. We cannot fold our arms and watch some people turning the state into a violence spot. We have not made any arrest but we will get them."

An aide of Ogunjobi had claimed that the gunmen were instigated by Adekoya. The commissioner, however, denied the claim, saying he arrived at the party secretariat almost three hours after the fracas.

The aide to the council boss, who craved anonymity, alleged that the committee 'tricked' Ogunjobi to Abeokuta to kill him, wondering why the shooting took place when the council boss was already in the secretariat.

Our correspondent, however, learnt that neither the committee nor the state secretariat of the party informed the police of the meeting, a claim which was confirmed by Ayeni, who called Ikemefuna from Ogere to move to the scene of the crisis before it got out of hands.

Tension remained high at the secretariat of the party in the afternoon as the state Commissioner for Youths and Sports, Mr. Bukola Olopade; Ogunjobi and the Chairman of the PDP, Ijebu North, Alhaji Bashiru Adebajo, almost engaged in a brawl over a matter not unconnected with the crisis at the secretariat.

Our correspondent gathered that the gun-wielding hoodlums were said to have arrived the party secretariat in an 18-seater passenger bus with registration number Ogun XC 112 JGB, arrived the secretariat around 11am.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/dec/31/400.html
Re: Abeokuta Pdp Bring Guns At A Peace Meeting: 3 Dead by earTHMama: 4:55pm On Dec 31, 2008
I bet you Kobojunkie was there with his gun. tongue tongue
Re: Abeokuta Pdp Bring Guns At A Peace Meeting: 3 Dead by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 31, 2008
earTHMama:

I bet you Kobojunkie was there with his gun. tongue tongue

This is first baseless and moronic statement ive read in 2009. Are nigerians going to continue being so imbecilic this year?
Have the said kobo ever promoted violence in any of her comments on nairaland or anywhere else?

@topic

Whats so captivating about bringing guns to a peace meeting in nigeria? Is it no more normal over there?
Next story please. . . . angry
Re: Abeokuta Pdp Bring Guns At A Peace Meeting: 3 Dead by Ibime(m): 6:24pm On Dec 31, 2008
What is captivating about the story is that the Commisioner for Works brought his boys along, all of them bearing guns . . . . . I am used to Nigerian politicians using proxies to dispense violence, but I never though that touts would still be engaging directly in toutish behaviour, even after acheiving Commissioner status.
Re: Abeokuta Pdp Bring Guns At A Peace Meeting: 3 Dead by JJYOU: 6:28pm On Dec 31, 2008
lawless people
Re: Abeokuta Pdp Bring Guns At A Peace Meeting: 3 Dead by earTHMama: 6:55pm On Dec 31, 2008
This is first baseless and moronic statement ive read in 2009. Are nigerians going to continue being so imbecilic this year?
Have the said kobo ever promoted violence in any of her comments on nairaland or anywhere else?

First and foremost, we are still in 2008 down here. China will still celebrate their new year around feb next year.

Kobojunkie personally challeneged a dude to a face off in Cleveland and advised him to appear with his glock b/c he will be loaded too. The Kobojunkie you knew in 2008 is no more the guy you know today. He is doubly reloaded.
Re: Abeokuta Pdp Bring Guns At A Peace Meeting: 3 Dead by earTHMama: 6:55pm On Dec 31, 2008

What is captivating about the story is that the Commisioner for Works brought his boys along, all of them bearing guns . . . . . I am used to Nigerian politicians using proxies to dispense violence, but I never though that touts would still be engaging directly in toutish behaviour, even after acheiving Commissioner status.
Naija style politics. The most violent carries the day.
Re: Abeokuta Pdp Bring Guns At A Peace Meeting: 3 Dead by earTHMama: 6:57pm On Dec 31, 2008
lawless people
It's called peace meeting to scare police away from their gun battle. grin grin grin I pity those that sheepishly went there in the name of peace. We can't even achieve peace in Nairaland that has nothing at stake, how much less the raw politics itself. I wouldn't attend any nairaland gathering without my gun. I ain't trying to get popped by an educated almajiri.
Re: Abeokuta Pdp Bring Guns At A Peace Meeting: 3 Dead by JJYOU: 7:04pm On Dec 31, 2008
earTHMama:

It's called peace meeting to scare police away from their gun battle. grin grin grin I pity those that sheepishly went there in the name of peace. We can't even achieve peace in Nairaland that has nothing at stake, how much less the raw politics itself. I wouldn't attend any nairaland gathering without my gun. I ain't trying to get popped by an educated almajiri.
you give as much as u get funmi. most trouble makers here deserve what they get. i needed you yesterday in the bauchi gov thread where was my auntie?

a very happy new year to you my dear. may you find peace and fulfill your purpose
Re: Abeokuta Pdp Bring Guns At A Peace Meeting: 3 Dead by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 31, 2008
earTHMama:

First and foremost, we are still in 2008 down here. China will still celebrate their new year around feb next year.

Kobojunkie personally challeneged a dude to a face off in Cleveland and advised him to appear with his glock b/c he will be loaded too. The  Kobojunkie you knew in 2008 is no more the guy you know today. He is doubly reloaded.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Abeokuta Pdp Bring Guns At A Peace Meeting: 3 Dead by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 31, 2008
earTHMama:

Kobojunkie personally challeneged a dude to a face off in Cleveland and advised him to appear with his glock b/c he will be loaded too. The  Kobojunkie you knew in 2008 is no more the guy you know today. He is doubly reloaded.

Whats my business if you guys/nigeria are still in the past as usual or if the chinese culturally celebrates their new year in febuary.
I am in 2009 and the time and date right now in china shows the same. All the transactions on papers and otherwise says china is in 09.

On kobo, pardon my ignorance, kpele. . .

What is that slowpoke ziddy laughing about? angry
Re: Abeokuta Pdp Bring Guns At A Peace Meeting: 3 Dead by earTHMama: 7:16pm On Dec 31, 2008
you give as much as u get funmi. most trouble makers here deserve what they get. i needed you yesterday in the bauchi gov thread where was my auntie?

a very happy new year to you my dear. may you find peace and fulfill your purpose
I saw the thread very very late and it pained my heart. Never attend any nairaland peace meeting without your guns ooo.
Re: Abeokuta Pdp Bring Guns At A Peace Meeting: 3 Dead by earTHMama: 7:19pm On Dec 31, 2008
Whats my business if you guys/nigeria are still in the past as usual or if the chinese culturally celebrates their new year in febuary.
I am in 2009 and the time and date right now in china shows the same. All the transactions on papers and otherwise says china is in 09.
The Chinese are first in everything, last in quality. No wonder they built a yeye satellite for Nigeria. The must have calculated the moon cycle wronglyundecided
Re: Abeokuta Pdp Bring Guns At A Peace Meeting: 3 Dead by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 31, 2008
earTHMama:

The Chinese are first in everything, last in quality. No wonder they built a yeye satellite for Nigeria. The must have calculated the moon cycle wronglyundecided

Yet nigerians rush for these substandard goods and services like no man's business. Funny thing is that those fake goods are not mearnt for the european, american or even the chinese market. They are all built for the nigerian market. grin

No wonder they built a yeye satellite for Nigeria. The must have calculated the moon cycle wronglyundecided

Were nigerians sleeping when the chinese were building the damned satellite? I guess they were busy rushing for all the fake chinese good on ground, while your leaders were busy big stouting, suyaing and marryiing under-aged girls.

The joke is now on nigerians. tongue
Re: Abeokuta Pdp Bring Guns At A Peace Meeting: 3 Dead by earTHMama: 10:12pm On Dec 31, 2008

Were nigerians sleeping when the chinese were building the damned satellite? I guess they were busy rushing for all the fake chinese good on ground, while your leaders were busy big stouting, suyaing and marryiing under-aged girls.

The joke is now on nigerians.

the chinese marry and overwork underaged women too. I don't see how you blame Nigeria for the fake satellite issue. Does it mean that America should be blamed when China supplied them lead poisoned toys?. See your life! yeye omo ibo. cheesy
Re: Abeokuta Pdp Bring Guns At A Peace Meeting: 3 Dead by kosovo(m): 10:41pm On Dec 31, 2008
@ nuzo
you are definitely a dumb ass.
Re: Abeokuta Pdp Bring Guns At A Peace Meeting: 3 Dead by earTHMama: 10:49pm On Dec 31, 2008
you are definitely a dumb ass.
Roflmao
Re: Abeokuta Pdp Bring Guns At A Peace Meeting: 3 Dead by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 31, 2008
earTHMama:

the chinese marry and overwork underaged women too.  I don't see how you blame Nigeria for the fake satellite issue. Does it mean that America should be blamed when China supplied them lead poisoned toys?. See your life! yeye omo ibo. cheesy

Social lives in china are changing rapidly. The gender equality is becoming so amazing and is likely to beat that of sweden in less than ten years from now.
The so-called nigerian rocket agric scientists were mandated to supervise the project, what happened? They were busy eating noddles, drinking wine and frolicking with cinco chicks in their hotel rooms.
Try finding out what happened to the person in-charge of those lead poisoned toys sent to US; he was executed for accepting bribe. Can nigeria get to prosecute the producer of "my pikin", not to talk of pressurizing the chinese government to probe and prosecute the satellite fraud.

By the way, how erin-ijesha water fall? I miss the place sha. cry
Re: Abeokuta Pdp Bring Guns At A Peace Meeting: 3 Dead by earTHMama: 10:59pm On Dec 31, 2008
Social lives in china are changing rapidly. The gender equality is becoming so amazing and is likely to beat that of sweden in less than ten years from now.
The so-called nigerian rocket agric scientists were mandated to supervise the project, what happened? They were busy eating noddles, drinking wine and frolicking with cinco chicks in their hotel rooms.
Try finding out what happened to the person in-charge of those lead poisoned toys sent to US; he was executed for accepting bribe. Can nigeria get to prosecute the producer of "my pikin", not to talk of pressurizing the chinese government to probe and prosecute the satellite fraud.

By the way, how erin-ijesha water fall? I miss the place sha

E still dey. Come and invest your millions in Naija[Osun to be precise]. I am guaranteeing you a bountiful returns. wink
Re: Abeokuta Pdp Bring Guns At A Peace Meeting: 3 Dead by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 31, 2008
I have already done that.
Ever heard of any five star hotel in Ipetu-nle? Find out the owner; nuzo. cool
Re: Abeokuta Pdp Bring Guns At A Peace Meeting: 3 Dead by toshmann(m): 11:19pm On Dec 31, 2008
earTHMama:

Kobojunkie personally challeneged a dude to a face off in Cleveland and advised him to appear with his glock b/c he will be loaded too. The Kobojunkie you knew in 2008 is no more the guy you know today. He is doubly reloaded.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Civilization Started From Africa, Its All Coming Back. Obama Wil Fix Eco Prob / Nigeria: South Will Starve To Death Or Bow Like Their Kin To Arabs / X

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.