Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Stranded Oyo, Osun Pilgrims Stage Protest In Saudi Arabia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stranded Oyo, Osun Pilgrims Stage Protest In Saudi Arabia (752 Views)

Rivers Rerun: No Election In Bonny L.G.A As People Stage Protest - Photos / Women Stage Protest Against Oshiomhole In Benin (Photos) / June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stranded Oyo, Osun Pilgrims Stage Protest In Saudi Arabia by earTHMama: 4:56pm On Dec 31, 2008
Stranded Oyo, Osun pilgrims stage protest in Saudi Arabia

Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Stranded pilgrims to Saudi Arabia from Oyo and Osun states on Tuesday staged a protest in Jeddah and Medina over the inability of the relevant authorities to airlift them back to Nigeria after concluding their hajj rites.

A source told the Nigerian Tribune that out of the 1,500 pilgrims from Oyo State, 300 have returned to the country, while none from Osun has returned.

They have been stranded in Saudi Arabia for four weeks after Arafat, which is the concluding part of their pilgrimage activities.

About 420 pilgrims stranded in Jeddah were said to be suffering from severe cold, while 300 pilgrims in Medina were said to be facing ejection from their hotels for not being able to pay their extra bills.

Nigerian Tribune gathered that the airline hired by Oyo State for the hajj operations had not airlifted any pilgrim since 23 days after Arafat.

According to the source, most of the members of the state pilgrims board, (Muslim wing) had reportedly gone into hiding for fear of being attacked by the stranded pilgrims.

The pilgrims appealed to Governor Adebayo Alao-Akala to come to their aid as, according to them, other state governments were already coming to the rescue of their citizens.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/dec/31/610.html
Re: Stranded Oyo, Osun Pilgrims Stage Protest In Saudi Arabia by earTHMama: 4:58pm On Dec 31, 2008
Why should the government be involved in everything especially the hajj. Do christians take money from govt to go on pilgrimage?
Re: Stranded Oyo, Osun Pilgrims Stage Protest In Saudi Arabia by asha80(m): 5:14pm On Dec 31, 2008
@earthMAMA
I think some state goverments sponsor pilgrimage but i think the whole idea of sponsoring people to all these pilgrimages is a waste of public funds. sad
Re: Stranded Oyo, Osun Pilgrims Stage Protest In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 31, 2008
I thought yaradua banned the use of public funds to sponsor pilgrimages to wherever?
Re: Stranded Oyo, Osun Pilgrims Stage Protest In Saudi Arabia by earTHMama: 6:56pm On Dec 31, 2008
I thought yaradua banned the use of public funds to sponsor pilgrimages to wherever?
You thought wrong. embarassed
Re: Stranded Oyo, Osun Pilgrims Stage Protest In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 7:40pm On Dec 31, 2008
earTHMama:

You thought wrong. embarassed

Forgot the man was feared to be a jihadist before he was selected as president. The news made rounds. . . lipsrsealed
Re: Stranded Oyo, Osun Pilgrims Stage Protest In Saudi Arabia by otokx(m): 8:15pm On Dec 31, 2008
na who send them message?
Re: Stranded Oyo, Osun Pilgrims Stage Protest In Saudi Arabia by oderemo(m): 8:20pm On Dec 31, 2008
we now know why Nigeria is a failed state. sponsoring of pilgrim only take out vital foreign xchnge that could b used for education, health. and what r they called when they all comes back ? foreigner.{alhaji}
Re: Stranded Oyo, Osun Pilgrims Stage Protest In Saudi Arabia by osisi3(f): 8:27pm On Dec 31, 2008
let them stay there. grin
They should give them brooms let them help keep Mecca clean grin
A good way to decrease our population and again come next pilgrimage.they only need to walk across to the meeting ground,we don't need to transport them all over again.
Re: Stranded Oyo, Osun Pilgrims Stage Protest In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 31, 2008
*osisi*:

A good way to decrease our population and again come next pilgrimage.they only need to walk across to the meeting ground,we don't need to transport them all over again.

good idea. grin

Next time they will book their own flights instead of waiting for an epileptic govt. What a shame . . .
Re: Stranded Oyo, Osun Pilgrims Stage Protest In Saudi Arabia by bawomolo(m): 8:34pm On Dec 31, 2008
*osisi*:

lmao kai keep mecca clean.
Re: Stranded Oyo, Osun Pilgrims Stage Protest In Saudi Arabia by earTHMama: 10:09pm On Dec 31, 2008
good idea.

Next time they will book their own flights instead of waiting for an epileptic govt. What a shame . . .

Why should the govt pay for religious trips?. It's time pastors like Adeboye or oyedepo start billing the state govt for their trips and convention costs.
Re: Stranded Oyo, Osun Pilgrims Stage Protest In Saudi Arabia by Naijex: 10:20pm On Dec 31, 2008
Alhajis and Alhajas - Too bad
Re: Stranded Oyo, Osun Pilgrims Stage Protest In Saudi Arabia by earTHMama: 10:39pm On Dec 31, 2008
They are coming back. Govt money or not.  May allah lead them home safely grin

Re: Stranded Oyo, Osun Pilgrims Stage Protest In Saudi Arabia by oderemo(m): 10:41pm On Dec 31, 2008
i refuse to laugh. shocked grin
Re: Stranded Oyo, Osun Pilgrims Stage Protest In Saudi Arabia by earTHMama: 10:59pm On Dec 31, 2008
i refuse to laugh
You may cry. shocked shocked shocked

You think they'll be stuck forever there abi? So you can take over their properties at home.
Re: Stranded Oyo, Osun Pilgrims Stage Protest In Saudi Arabia by Naijex: 11:03pm On Dec 31, 2008
The image above na Naija true true. I beg i won know.
Re: Stranded Oyo, Osun Pilgrims Stage Protest In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 11:07pm On Dec 31, 2008
Naijex:

Naija alhajis and alhajas crossing the river jordan into lake chad. allah has made way where there is no way.
Re: Stranded Oyo, Osun Pilgrims Stage Protest In Saudi Arabia by oderemo(m): 11:11pm On Dec 31, 2008
only thing left is 4 river jordan is to split in 2.lol tongue lipsrsealed cry grin
Re: Stranded Oyo, Osun Pilgrims Stage Protest In Saudi Arabia by Naijex: 11:15pm On Dec 31, 2008
Ok i garit.

Na photoshop dr.
Re: Stranded Oyo, Osun Pilgrims Stage Protest In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 31, 2008
ode remo:

only thing left is 4 river jordan is to split in 2.lol tongue lipsrsealed cry grin

Do you want to see the river totally dry up before you realize its a miracle already?
Re: Stranded Oyo, Osun Pilgrims Stage Protest In Saudi Arabia by oderemo(m): 11:20pm On Dec 31, 2008
i wonder , still wondering.
Re: Stranded Oyo, Osun Pilgrims Stage Protest In Saudi Arabia by earTHMama: 11:29pm On Dec 31, 2008

Do you want to see the river totally dry up before you realize its a miracle already?
Roflmao cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stranded Oyo, Osun Pilgrims Stage Protest In Saudi Arabia by earTHMama: 12:04am On Jan 01, 2009

Naija alhajis and alhajas crossing the river jordan into lake chad. allah has made way where there is no way.

rOFLMAO   grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stranded Oyo, Osun Pilgrims Stage Protest In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 12:14am On Jan 01, 2009
Whats so funny about the miracle that is making this Illesha woman crack up like person wey pick Biafran pounds? tongue
Imagine 2 heavy trucks with no engine loaded with nigerian pilgrims business men/women from mecca sailing smoothly across the osimiri jordan, river nile and finally into lake chad. What other miracle could one possibly ask god for?
Re: Stranded Oyo, Osun Pilgrims Stage Protest In Saudi Arabia by earTHMama: 3:04am On Jan 01, 2009
What other miracle could one possibly ask god for?
The miracle of turning the water into wine.
Re: Stranded Oyo, Osun Pilgrims Stage Protest In Saudi Arabia by udezue(m): 3:17am On Jan 01, 2009
LMAO @ da story
Re: Stranded Oyo, Osun Pilgrims Stage Protest In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 01, 2009
earTHMama:

The miracle of turning the water into wine.

My pakistani friend said that they are told not to drink earthly wine in order to drink the expensive ones in heaven which is sweeter and well brewed. shocked
With this, i hope you will not suggest the "holy" businessmen from the holy land to defile themselves.
Re: Stranded Oyo, Osun Pilgrims Stage Protest In Saudi Arabia by Sammy107d(m): 8:16am On Jan 01, 2009
aaaah religion
Re: Stranded Oyo, Osun Pilgrims Stage Protest In Saudi Arabia by ifyalways(f): 11:03am On Jan 01, 2009
lmao cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Fayose Again! 2011 / Nigerians Problem / Nigeria: Good People, Great Nation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.