Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Mourinho: Family Friendly - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mourinho: Family Friendly (577 Views)

Nigeria Vs Senegal International Friendly: 1 - 1 (Full Time) / Room On A Family Friendly / Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mourinho: Family Friendly by beloxxi(m): 10:09am On Feb 07, 2015
Jose Mourinho believes the level of unity within the squad has been an important contributing factor to our success so far this season.
Considering the abundance of world-class players we have at our disposal, it might be expected that when they are not selected there are problems, but the manager reports that couldn’t be further from the truth.
‘We are a strong group,’ Mourinho emphasised. ‘The players are a good family. They fight for each other, they stick together.
‘I don’t need to use any kind of influence to make the group stronger because the group is really good.
‘They are friends, they are good guys. Cahill was on the bench supporting Zouma; Drogba was on the bench supporting Remy. Azpilicueta has been on the bench for a few matches supporting Filipe Luis; it’s the same with Cech and Courtois.
‘They want to succeed and win and they know the only way to do it is to support each other. The group is really good.’
One area of the pitch where competition for places has been strong recently is in the centre of our defence. As Mourinho mentioned, Kurt Zouma was chosen as John Terry’s partner for the recent home games against Liverpool and Manchester City, leaving Gary Cahill on the bench.
‘I like all three of them. They are all ready to play. They have different characteristics. I think they are more or less adapted to a certain style of opponent and to a certain style of game plan. We have three very good central defenders.
‘We try to analyse opponents and also game plans and try to make the right decisions. For example, for [Raheem] Sterling, Zouma is a more difficult opponent.
‘He is ready,’ added Mourinho. ‘He started pre-season showing clearly his profile as a player but making lots of mistakes, even in training. It was difficult for him in the beginning, but he has been working very hard. As a kid he is a great professional, he wants to learn all the time and his evolution has been very good.
‘Physically we all knew he was very adapted to the needs of the Premier League. He had everything - physicality, power, aerial game, speed – but he learned very well the positional play, because we don’t play man to man, we play zonal.
‘He has had the possibility to play games of high responsibility – against Newcastle, Liverpool, City, the second half against Tottenham – and he showed clearly from the mental point of view that he can cope.’
The January transfer window is now closed, and Mourinho can again take satisfaction from the club’s dealings. Andre Schurrle, Ryan Bertrand and Mohammed Salah – on loan – left while Juan Cuadrado, who could make his Chelsea debut against Aston Villa this afternoon, arrived, with all those deals taking place on the final day.
‘The kind of club Roman Abramovich wants is one with total, complete respect for Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules,’ highlighted Mourinho.
‘That was something I was explained when I met our owner and the club board when I joined one-and-a-half years ago.
‘In my area I analyse the players that we can sell and buy. But, when it comes to numbers, it goes completely away from my control. I think total credit to the people that deserve credit in that area, and I am not the one.
‘It’s a good challenge but the only thing that is not nice is when you compete against the ones who don’t follow the same rules. That’s the only problem. I don’t think a team can be champions when they are punished for not complying with FFP. I don’t think that’s happened before.
‘Our work is to keep the team strong and with possibility to compete against the ones more financially powerful or against the ones that don’t care or respect FFP. We have had to work very, very hard.’

- A clip of Jose Mourinho talking to Chelsea TV ahead of today's game can be viewed below, with the full interview available now via Video On Demand, subject to Fan Club Plus membership.
also get the video here
http://www.edge.org.ng/2015/02/mourinho-family-friendly.html

(1) (Reply)

Bet Your Salary On This :) :) / Arsenal!arsenal!!arsenal!!!,what's Happening? / Photo: Theo Walcott Chilling With Wolf Of Wall Street Star

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.