Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,478 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

High Earning Professions, List Them Here - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / High Earning Professions, List Them Here (4557 Views)

Some Professions You Should Be Wary Of For Your Woman - Bamisepeters' Blog / People In These Professions Are More Likely To Cheat On Their Partners. / Professions Which Should Be In Every Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

High Earning Professions, List Them Here by itstpia8: 5:12pm On Feb 07, 2015
its not only the medical profession (doctors, nurses, etc), who are high earners.

what are some other high earning professions in Nigeria and beyond?
Re: High Earning Professions, List Them Here by sweettease(f): 5:20pm On Feb 07, 2015
Are you kidding me? An average employed engineer earns higher than an average doctor.
I'll understand if you talk about employment opportunities.

As for nurses, make i nor fall our hand. lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: High Earning Professions, List Them Here by biafranqueen: 5:28pm On Feb 07, 2015
The highest paid salary on the list went to surgeons, who make an average of $233,150 a year; general practice physicians came in second. In ninth and tenth place were podiatrists at $116,440, and attorneys, at $113,530, who also face a lot of education before they can practice.

There were only two high paying jobs on the list that don’t require graduate degrees: petroleum engineers and air traffic controllers, who on average make $130,280 and $122,530 respectively. The report cautioned, though, that “for those who choose a different path [than graduate education] to attain one of the best-paying jobs, be prepared to exchange paychecks for a high level of stress.” It described air traffic controllers as dealing with “some of the most stressful working conditions.”
Forbes

Entrepreneurs top the list of course, and Sales people nothing like performance pay.

In my experience District Store Managers make about $150,000.00. For example the District Manager for Shoprite. Even the Manager for Vlisco in Calabar starting pay is $80,000.
Re: High Earning Professions, List Them Here by itstpia8: 5:34pm On Feb 07, 2015
sweettease:
Are you kidding me? An average employed engineer earns higher than an average doctor.
I'll understand if you talk about employment opportunities.

As for nurses, make i nor fall our hand. lipsrsealed

most people are not aware there are other high earning professions besides the health field, hence the thread.

doctors overseas in particular, are not rolling in gravy like many people feel.

People in the computer and IT industry are actually extremely high earners

in addition, the stress of going through med school cannot be compared with other high income jobs which are relatively easier to train for.

1 Like

Re: High Earning Professions, List Them Here by itstpia8: 5:35pm On Feb 07, 2015
As for nurses, yes they are high earners, what's the reason for your comment?
Re: High Earning Professions, List Them Here by sweettease(f): 5:38pm On Feb 07, 2015
I'm a nurse and I have friends in other fields.
Re: High Earning Professions, List Them Here by itstpia8: 5:39pm On Feb 07, 2015
biafranqueen:

Forbes

Entrepreneurs top the list of course, and Sales people nothing like performance pay.

In my experience District Store Managers make about $150,000.00. For example the District Manager for Shoprite. Even the Manager for Vlisco in Calabar starting pay is $80,000.

at a certain level in the business field ( MBA, etc), folks do make a lot of money.
Re: High Earning Professions, List Them Here by Nobody: 5:42pm On Feb 07, 2015
Nurses high earners in Nigeria? ? Story. ..

High Employment rate, yes....

3 Likes

Re: High Earning Professions, List Them Here by sweettease(f): 5:42pm On Feb 07, 2015
By the way, I'm talking about Nigeria.
Re: High Earning Professions, List Them Here by biafranqueen: 6:08pm On Feb 07, 2015
itstpia8:

at a certain level in the business field ( MBA, etc), folks do make a lot of money. Depends on what you mean by a lot of money
The reality? Payscale puts the median for grads with 4 or less years of experience at $55,779, and $71,920 for those with 5-9 years.

Graduates of top schools can usually still expect 6 figures.

MBA salaries have been flat for some time now as graduates price themselves out of many industries, traditionally lucrative banks slash pay, and

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/mba-students-are-deluded-about-salary-2013-7#ixzz3R506Jids
Most of my collegues make way more in sales even Pharmacutial sales is first degree starts at $60,000 plus car, allowances etc; 10% commission on sales that runs into hundreds of thousand of dollars. The same goes for cosmetics and apparel sales positions.
Re: High Earning Professions, List Them Here by biafranqueen: 6:12pm On Feb 07, 2015
sweettease:
By the way, I'm talking about Nigeria.
Expatriate workers in the Nigerian oil and gas sector are the highest paid in Africa and 11 most paid in the world, with an average annual salary of N22.246 million ($140,800), according to a global oil and gas salary survey.
The survey, titled, ‘Oil and Gas Global Salary Guide 2013,’ published by Hays, a global recruitment firm, also revealed that local workers in the Nigeria’s oil and gas sector are the second highest paid in Africa, after South Africa and 26th in the world, with an average salary of N8.706 million ($55,100).
The survey, released weekend, which was based on the responses of 25,000 people working in the oil and gas industry across 53 countries, reported that South Africa’s local workers in the country’s oil and gas sector are the highest paid in Africa, with an annual average salary of $75,300 (N11.897 million).
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/nigerias-expatriate-oil-workers-highest-paid-in-africa/#sthash.OCVSThsM.dpuf
Re: High Earning Professions, List Them Here by pickabeau1: 6:26pm On Feb 07, 2015
Opening countless inane threads must be profitable

1 Like

Re: High Earning Professions, List Them Here by SAMBARRY: 6:48pm On Feb 07, 2015
Professional armed robbers, prostitutes, Internet scammers, ballot box thieves, child traffickers, ritualists, kidnappers,pimps, baby making factories etc . choose the one you can fit in and find job fulfilment and satisfaction

Next
Re: High Earning Professions, List Them Here by Emasel(m): 6:56pm On Feb 07, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Nurses high earners in Nigeria? ? Story. ..

High Employment rate, yes....

yes,nurses are high earners,that is for those working in FMCs,Teaching Hospitals and State owned general hospitals. The Medical sector have a special scale,which is the highest amongst all public servants.
Re: High Earning Professions, List Them Here by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 07, 2015
Emasel:

yes,nurses are high earners,that is for those working in FMCs,Teaching Hospitals and State owned general hospitals. The Medical sector have a special scale,which is the highest amongst all public servants.
How much do you call high?? undecided My elder sister worked in a teaching hospital. . Did I see state owned hospital on your list?? Laughable grin grin
I doubt if they're the highest, fed university lecturers probably earn higher. ....

What you call high may not be high to me....Medical workers are highly underpaid in Nigeria. ..
Re: High Earning Professions, List Them Here by davide470(m): 7:36pm On Feb 07, 2015
MarvellousGod:
How much do you call high?? undecided My elder sister worked in a teaching hospital. . Did I see state owned hospital on your list?? Laughable grin grin
I doubt if they're the highest, fed university lecturers probably earn higher. ....

What you call high may not be high to me....Medical workers are highly underpaid in Nigeria. ..
I know 2 Matrons .. One works with a State Govt. Hospital, the other works in a FMC. They both ride Jeeps. Brand New CRV Jeeps!!.. Furthermore, come and see the projects they are doing.

My dear, there's money in "Public Nursing".. You can still change, you know.

3 Likes

Re: High Earning Professions, List Them Here by Ewuro4: 7:43pm On Feb 07, 2015
pickabeau1:
Opening countless inane threads must be profitable

grin grin

OP... Infotech
Oil and gas
Engineers
Hospitality
Legal and social services
Waste management
Nanny services
Politricks grin
Re: High Earning Professions, List Them Here by Emasel(m): 7:58pm On Feb 07, 2015
davide470:
I know 2 Matrons .. One works with a State Govt. Hospital, the other works in a FMC. They both ride Jeeps. Brand New CRV Jeeps!!.. Furthermore, come and see the projects they are doing.

my point exactly.....the kind of cars I see Nurses who work in govt hospitals drive,says it all.
Re: High Earning Professions, List Them Here by focus7: 8:07pm On Feb 07, 2015
itstpia8:
its not only the medical profession (doctors, nurses, etc), who are high earners.

what are some other high earning professions in Nigeria and beyond?
get facts right, doctors are poor earners.
Re: High Earning Professions, List Them Here by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 07, 2015
davide470:

Those are matrons na.. Do you know how long it takes to get to the level of a matron? ? undecided Why wont they have rides?? More like a manager in a company. You can be getting underground money too given that level wink...Meanyl, an entry level employee in another company can do more than what those matrons are doing. ..

I'm comparing an average entry level candidate in those organisations. .. How much do you think an entry level nurse in a state hospital earn?? undecided

I love nursing because of the time it affords as regards shifting. ..

cc: Emasel..
Re: High Earning Professions, List Them Here by davide470(m): 9:35pm On Feb 07, 2015
MarvellousGod:

I'm comparing an average entry level candidate in those organisations. .. How much do you think an entry level nurse in a state hospital earn?? undecided

When you mean Entry Level Nurse, are you talking about those that went to Nursing School with a RN Certificate or those with B.Sc Nursing.

The pay for those two positions are widely far apart and the Graduate Nurse has quicker growth especially if she is taking professional courses.
Re: High Earning Professions, List Them Here by 5minsmadness: 9:42pm On Feb 07, 2015
Lol @ those who think doctors are the highest paid. If you see fg doctor's payslip as compared to other fields you go sorry for them .

P.s. It takes a decade to become a matron and even then some of them take loans to buy their cars. Just saying.

Highest paid 'professions'?
1. Governors
2. Senators
3. LG chairman
4....well, you get the idea.

1 Like

Re: High Earning Professions, List Them Here by itstpia8: 10:11pm On Feb 07, 2015
davide470:

Nurses make good money, that's why its very difficult to get into nursing school these days, in Nigeria.

Extremely competitive.
Re: High Earning Professions, List Them Here by itstpia8: 10:11pm On Feb 07, 2015
biafranqueen:

Most of my collegues make way more in sales even Pharmacutial sales is first degree starts at $60,000 plus car, allowances etc; 10% commission on sales that runs into hundreds of thousand of dollars. The same goes for cosmetics and apparel sales positions.

Pharmaceutical sales are in a class of their own.

But i think you possibly need connections to get in there.

or a high GPA or something.

I'm not sure they hire just anybody.
Re: High Earning Professions, List Them Here by itstpia8: 10:13pm On Feb 07, 2015
focus7:
get facts right, doctors are poor earners.

isnt that the impression that gave rise to this thread?
Re: High Earning Professions, List Them Here by itstpia8: 10:13pm On Feb 07, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Those are matrons na.. Do you know how long it takes to get to the level of a matron? ? undecided Why wont they have rides?? More like a manager in a company. You can be getting underground money too given that level wink...Meanyl, an entry level employee in another company can do more than what those matrons are doing. ..

cc: Emasel..

in Nigeria, right?

https://www.nairaland.com/666212/how-much-nurses-earn-nigeria

a discussion on that.
Re: High Earning Professions, List Them Here by itstpia8: 10:16pm On Feb 07, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Nurses high earners in Nigeria? ?

comparatively speaking.
Re: High Earning Professions, List Them Here by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 07, 2015
davide470:
When you mean Entry Level Nurse, are you talking about those that went to Nursing School with a RN Certificate or those with B.Sc Nursing.

The pay for those two positions are widely far apart and the Graduate Nurse has quicker growth especially if she is taking professional courses.
Oga, where you get this info?? shocked shocked undecided undecided., except the changes were made after 2012 undecided... My sister actually worked with her RN certificate then and earned same salary with those with Bsc though she did her midwifery too... The only difference is that with the RN certificate, you won't pass a certain level thus can't hold certain positions. ..

Don't forget nurses mostly marry well to do guys, so don't judge by the kind of ride they have..

Medical workers are underpaid, most of them will tell you same....QED

1 Like

Re: High Earning Professions, List Them Here by itstpia8: 10:20pm On Feb 07, 2015
are you referring to Nigeria as per the RN/Bsc pay?
Re: High Earning Professions, List Them Here by itstpia8: 10:22pm On Feb 07, 2015
Non-medical and non-science related fields as well, plz.

Contributions needed although we all know science/health related professions are the top earners.
Re: High Earning Professions, List Them Here by Ewuro4: 10:22pm On Feb 07, 2015
How much wages are we talking here please ?

Doctors, Nurses (BN and Diploma) , Psych Nurse , Physiotherapist, Anesthesiologist?
Re: High Earning Professions, List Them Here by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 07, 2015
itstpia8:

in Nigeria, right?

https://www.nairaland.com/666212/how-much-nurses-earn-nigeria

a discussion on that.
Hope you read through the thread? abi you no see the salary people dey mention there? ? undecided

itstpia8:
are you referring to Nigeria as per the RN/Bsc pay?
Yeah, Nigeria. .. na that one I know

Make I sleep abeg

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Wives, One Bed? / Why I Slept With My 11-year-old Daughter — Confession Of A Father(photo) / Guys Should Step Up And Deliver & Stop Requiring Half From The Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.