Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

2015 Election Postponement- The Effect On Batch A (14) & INEC Reimbursement Fact - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 2015 Election Postponement- The Effect On Batch A (14) & INEC Reimbursement Fact (27854 Views)

Audio: Ab Reader Converse With Nysc Official Revealing Details On Batch A Str Ii / 2015 Election - Challenges And Mistakes Corps Members Should Look Out For / Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Election Postponement- The Effect On Batch A (14) & INEC Reimbursement Fact by kinibigdeal(m): 8:25am On Feb 08, 2015
It is no longer news that the election date has been rescheduled to march 28 and April by INEC due to a reason known to them. But the confusion between NYSC and INEC is something to be worried about. For the first time in history, NYSC officials cannot categorically state when a batch will be passing out because of the MoU between them and INEC. Here I highlight the effect and shed more light on the controversies surrounding the INEC payment.

1. BATCH A, 2014

The official rumour for our passing out is february 12, 2015 while we also heard that after the election, we will be coming back for our certificate by march 2, 2015. I called it rumour because no NYSC official down to the state coordinator is aware of this date except the corps members themselves which is rather too obvious to the fact in discuss. Not only that our official passing out date is unknown, our 13 month allowee is also a point to discuss(that of february and march because that is the tradition yearly).

What are the implication for the new election date?

If we are to go by the rumour of february 12 and march 2(for certificate), how effective when INEC election has been rescheduled to march 28. If NYSC still want the batch A to participate in the election, are they going to pay for April when february and March is not negotiable? if the batch A are to stay till the scheduled date, will they still be going to their PPA's(place of primary assignment) and CDS? If they do, it means NYSC is no longer a year service! If NYSC and INEC should conclude that the batch A should go and come back for the election/certificate, who will be responsible for their transport? Will that be fair enough. And if the participation is now made optional, that is, you collect your certificate now and come back for the exercise "you are no longer under NYSC, as INEC as the right to treat you as other Adhoc staffs" or after wasting your transport back" you are being told your service is no longer needed" who do you protest to? You are on your own.

2. ISSUES ON INEC TRAINING FEE AND PAYMENT

A lot of questions has been raised on the amount INEC is going to pay but let me start from the training fee. INEC training fee is usually N4500 that is, 1500 for 3 days but their is a new development. INEC is usually sponsored by an international body called UNDP, these organization have been the financial backbone of INEC for a very long time on the printing of training manuals, payment of all INEC officials etc but the new gist is, UNDP has reduce their support on only the printing of training manual while INEC take care of the staffs reimbursement. Another fact is that, UNDP usually pay INEC adhoc staffs directly without the involvement of INEC themselves which is now a reversal. In other to cut the story short, there is going to be a 10% reduction in the training fee and a 10% increment in the final payment which means the overall payment is around N22,000 including the training fee according to rumour.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Election Postponement- The Effect On Batch A (14) & INEC Reimbursement Fact by ShobayoEmma(m): 8:31am On Feb 08, 2015
wheather they like it or not, i am going home with my NYSC certificate comes feb12. wishing u same if u so wish.

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Election Postponement- The Effect On Batch A (14) & INEC Reimbursement Fact by TrishaP(f): 8:50am On Feb 08, 2015
As for me I'm done, I'm wheeling my boxes home this week. I'm not participating in anything anyways.
But this is tiring, it's not how we anticipated this one year service. All thanks to jega.

4 Likes

Re: 2015 Election Postponement- The Effect On Batch A (14) & INEC Reimbursement Fact by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 08, 2015
plight of Nigerian (under)graduates. it is well with you.
#Team Batch B nov-2015

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Election Postponement- The Effect On Batch A (14) & INEC Reimbursement Fact by Ugojames(m): 9:01am On Feb 08, 2015
Whether they likel it or not I must go home, na by force to work for Inec

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election Postponement- The Effect On Batch A (14) & INEC Reimbursement Fact by Nobody: 9:01am On Feb 08, 2015
chukingchuks:
#Team Batch B nov-2015
You are not alone. I have lost hope serving this year when they came with their 2 batches. But with this postponement, i hope B15 is November so i can just fall in.
Re: 2015 Election Postponement- The Effect On Batch A (14) & INEC Reimbursement Fact by EndiaSami: 3:01pm On Feb 08, 2015
chukingchuks:
#Team Batch B nov-2015
. Its september bro. Not november..anyways #teamBatchB2015

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election Postponement- The Effect On Batch A (14) & INEC Reimbursement Fact by ajoskele(m): 4:03pm On Feb 08, 2015
If you heard BatchA corps members took to the streets, I started it!!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Election Postponement- The Effect On Batch A (14) & INEC Reimbursement Fact by dizly: 9:27pm On Feb 08, 2015
@kinibigdeal they aren't to pay u for march just feb,so we are to negotiate for march before we can talk of april
Re: 2015 Election Postponement- The Effect On Batch A (14) & INEC Reimbursement Fact by kman1090(m): 11:13pm On Feb 08, 2015
this whole thing is really boring

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Election Postponement- The Effect On Batch A (14) & INEC Reimbursement Fact by Nobody: 6:22am On Feb 09, 2015
If inec/nysc can pay March / April alawee + accommodation allowance then we can negotiate wink grin

8 Likes

Re: 2015 Election Postponement- The Effect On Batch A (14) & INEC Reimbursement Fact by Faibuhari: 9:16am On Feb 09, 2015
This is a real OYO for the Batch A
Re: 2015 Election Postponement- The Effect On Batch A (14) & INEC Reimbursement Fact by Youngandactive: 9:17am On Feb 09, 2015
SHUN VIOLENCE

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election Postponement- The Effect On Batch A (14) & INEC Reimbursement Fact by hotgunz(m): 9:18am On Feb 09, 2015
Wat about does goin I mean the incoming batch A? D supposed to resumed camp on march

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015 Election Postponement- The Effect On Batch A (14) & INEC Reimbursement Fact by noordean(m): 9:19am On Feb 09, 2015
Am sure Brig. Johnson will make a statement concerning dat very soon. W will release u ds month as we cn nt afford paying u for additional two months. B'14 and c'14 wil du d job 4 us. Besides ,all d blames shuld b directed to president Jonah,spoiled plans 4 boys because of his own selfish interest. Jst wait n see, w wil MARCH u out of aso rock come MARCH 28th.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Election Postponement- The Effect On Batch A (14) & INEC Reimbursement Fact by msmon(m): 9:20am On Feb 09, 2015
@OP, Do you knw what you are talking about? March Allawee must have been paid while in camp. March - Feb make it a 12 month service year/ allowance. NYSC/INEC don't have any other choice than to release u guys after Feb12 and appoint more ad hoc staffs if they want to stage the election. This is a result of their stupid postponement, CONFUSION!

INEC ...confused!
NYSC ...confused!
Corps member... confused!
Nigeria security outfits ...confused!
Media houses ...confused!
Nigerians at large ...confused!

Only Boko Haram isn't confused, if BH is a country, I'd say they are more organised than Nigeria.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2015 Election Postponement- The Effect On Batch A (14) & INEC Reimbursement Fact by immortalvoices(m): 9:20am On Feb 09, 2015
I am seriously confuse

What about those who graduated late last year and are yet to serve!!!

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Election Postponement- The Effect On Batch A (14) & INEC Reimbursement Fact by Nobody: 9:20am On Feb 09, 2015
Sorry peeps,

Nigeria doesn't care
Re: 2015 Election Postponement- The Effect On Batch A (14) & INEC Reimbursement Fact by noordean(m): 9:20am On Feb 09, 2015
ajoskele:
If you heard BatchA corps members took to the streets, I started it!!
Baba u don dey vex gan o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Election Postponement- The Effect On Batch A (14) & INEC Reimbursement Fact by Nobody: 9:21am On Feb 09, 2015
cheesy cheesy Many parents of those guys will be thanking God right now for this great miracle especially those serving in the north east. We truly need the military for maximum security of corpers during elections. Tension in the country was something else before the postponement. There is sense in every nonsense truly. There is blessing too in disappointment.

God bless President GEJ. Politics should not be a do or die game. That we don't support one candidate should not make us enemy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Election Postponement- The Effect On Batch A (14) & INEC Reimbursement Fact by Nobody: 9:24am On Feb 09, 2015
This is just a Simple Way to waste our Time. Allow us to leave February 12 and start our new life. Some of us have got plans!

6 Likes

Re: 2015 Election Postponement- The Effect On Batch A (14) & INEC Reimbursement Fact by Nobody: 9:24am On Feb 09, 2015
una own beta,what of we incoming batch A 15.

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Election Postponement- The Effect On Batch A (14) & INEC Reimbursement Fact by dennismukoro(m): 9:24am On Feb 09, 2015
I YATA FOR MY COUNTRY 9JA

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Female Corper: 'My Mother Made Me A Graduate With Fish Selling' / Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members / After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.