Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

The Reason Why Linda Ikeji's Blog Overtook Nairaland In Alexa Rankings - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Reason Why Linda Ikeji's Blog Overtook Nairaland In Alexa Rankings (2700 Views)

For The First Time: Nairaland Passes Facebook On Alexa Rankings (nigeria) / How To Advertise On Linda Ikeji’s Blog (updated) / Konga Beats Nairaland In Alexa, Whats The Significance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Reason Why Linda Ikeji's Blog Overtook Nairaland In Alexa Rankings by Nobody: 10:38am On Feb 08, 2015
This thread is created as a result of the Linda Ikeji Blog Overtakes Nairaland In Alexa Traffic Ranking thread.

First off, we need to understand what parameters Alexa uses to rank websites:
Alexa.com doesn’t collect data from websites. It only uses a Toolbar installed on those who have chosen to install the Alexa Toolbar. Alexa rankings are determined from this toolbar alone. This means Alexa.com does not determine how a website is popular but what website is visited most by those who have the toolbar installed in their browser.

The question you should ask yourself is do you have the Toolbar installed? The answer is probably NO! This toolbar can only be installed in browsers like FireFox, Chrome etc. You cannot install this toolbar in most mobile browsers. So if you’re using OperaMini, UCWeb etc, you cannot install this browser – So, Alexa.com does not know that you’ve visited Nairaland.

I can estimate that not more 1% of Nairaland Traffic has this toolbar installed. Why? This Toolbar in installed by mostly Bloggers, Programmers, Web Developers and Other Geeky/Computer users because they know it’s significance.

The conclusion you can derive from this is that Those Who have the Alexa Toolbar installed in their browsers (not mobile) have visited LindaIkeji..com more than Nairaland.com

We can put this to a test. If all of you reading this post can install the toolbar which you can find [size=14pt]Here[/size]. The tide will change and Nairaland will go back to it’s rightful position.

Softwares that Collect Website Data
Like I said earlier, Alexa DO NOT collect websites data but Google Analytics does. But it’s result is not made public unless a website owner releases its own traffic stats.
The only way you can know who’s visited most is to collect their traffic stats and compare!

Note: NL traffic is growing and it’s obvious. Look at threads like the Postponement of elections. It gathered more 30,000 views within 24 hours. I stand to be corrected but LindaIkeji’s Blog cannot command this traffic within 24 hours.

There you have it! This does not mean NL can’t do away with some other things. Things like Junk Comments on Front Page threads, Abuses, Tribalism, Lack of constructive arguments etc. These will drive some people away.

You can visit my blog at http://shawnmayor.com

Thanks

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Reason Why Linda Ikeji's Blog Overtook Nairaland In Alexa Rankings by dami24(f): 10:42am On Feb 08, 2015
And the next blog to overtake hers will be Tandullce blog. That girl is really coming up. Just in 6months.
Re: The Reason Why Linda Ikeji's Blog Overtook Nairaland In Alexa Rankings by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 08, 2015
dami24:
And the next blog to overtake hers will be Tandullce blog. That girl is really coming up. Just in 6months.
Alexa rankings can be gamed. It will only take me some hours to create proxies using browsers with alexa toolbar installed to push up my rankings. But seriously, Alexa rankings is so insignifant
Re: The Reason Why Linda Ikeji's Blog Overtook Nairaland In Alexa Rankings by DonX001: 12:31pm On Feb 08, 2015
sMayor:

Alexa rankings can be gamed. It will only take me some hours to create proxies using browsers with alexa toolbar installed to push up my rankings. But seriously, Alexa rankings is so insignifant

True, but unfortunately most people dont know.
Alexa traffic can even be bought to boost alexa rankings.
See an example on this site-
http://techmasi.com/2015/01/08/buy-cheap-alexa-traffic-to-boost-alexa-rank-in-no-time/
Re: The Reason Why Linda Ikeji's Blog Overtook Nairaland In Alexa Rankings by soldierdollar(m): 12:42pm On Feb 08, 2015
sMayor:
This thread is created as a result of the Linda Ikeji Blog Overtakes Nairaland In Alexa Traffic Ranking thread.

Alexa.com doesn’t collect data from websites. It only uses a Toolbar installed on those who have chosen to install the Alexa Toolbar. Alexa rankings are determined from this toolbar alone. This means Alexa.com does not determine how a website is popular but what website is visited most by those who have the toolbar installed in their browser.

The question you should ask yourself is do you have the Toolbar installed? The answer is probably NO! This toolbar can only be installed in browsers like FireFox, Chrome etc. You cannot install this toolbar in most mobile browsers. So if you’re using OperaMini, UCWeb etc, you cannot install this browser – So, Alexa.com does not know that you’ve visited Nairaland.

I can estimate that not more 1% of Nairaland Traffic has this toolbar installed. Why? This Toolbar in installed by mostly Bloggers, Programmers, Web Developers and Other Geeky/Computer users because they know it’s significance.

The conclusion you can derive from this is that Those Who have the Alexa Toolbar installed in their browsers (not mobile) have visited LindaIkeji..com more than Nairaland.com

We can put this to a test. If all of you reading this post can install the toolbar which you can find [size=14pt]Here[/size]. The tide will change and Nairaland will go back to it’s rightful position.

Like I said earlier, Alexa DO NOT collect websites data but Google Analytics does. But it’s result is not made public unless a website owner releases its own traffic stats.
The only way you can know who’s visited most is to collect their traffic stats and compare!

Note: NL traffic is growing and it’s obvious. Look at threads like the Postponement of elections. It gathered more 30,000 views within 24 hours. I stand to be corrected but LindaIkeji’s Blog cannot command this traffic within 24 hours.

There you have it! This does not mean NL can’t do away with some other things. Things like Junk Comments on Front Page threads, Abuses, Tribalism, Lack of constructive arguments etc. These will drive some people away.

Thanks

Hahahaha so you mean Linda ikeji's blog have more visitors with alexa toolbars than Nairaland ? What is preventing Nairaland users from having these toolbar ? Does Linda embark on Alexa toolbar installation campaign ? Don't they have a level playing ground for competition ? What is attracting users with toolbars to Linda ikeji ?

Yes , more visitors to Linda has this toolbar installed than on Nairaland .. So what's your problem ? Na she say make them no visit Nairaland ?

2 Likes

Re: The Reason Why Linda Ikeji's Blog Overtook Nairaland In Alexa Rankings by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 08, 2015
sMayor:

Thanks

As a blogger myself, I have to confess that the bulk of youths are interested in shallow issues.

So LIB, coupled with her strategies, may start beating naialand regarding traffic. Aside, she has surpassed the 30k benchmark in comments alone during her giveaways.

Even if some comment multiple times, those that do not make up for that. Plus, I guess she makes more money from her multiple streams.
Re: The Reason Why Linda Ikeji's Blog Overtook Nairaland In Alexa Rankings by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 08, 2015
DonX001:

True, but unfortunately most people dont know.
Alexa traffic can even be bought to boost alexa rankings.
See an example on this site-
http://techmasi.com/2015/01/08/buy-cheap-alexa-traffic-to-boost-alexa-rank-in-no-time/

Sure. I was even approached by one scammer (as he will never do the work) for SEO. Traffic, twitter followers, facebook et al. His avatar is hacker Ude. He will tell you long sweet stories and not do anything. 6 bloggers on our blogger's forum told me about him.

His M. O. Is paying into his account. GTB: 0156917781, with account name : Ude bekuochukwu. He runs away, neglecting calls after paying into his account. Yeah, the bloggers would have demanded few followers first.

Is it possible to go to GTB and report him that he is a scammer? When as a blogger you want to buy traffic and possibly fake twitter followers. Will the bank even respond at all? As a scam is a scam!
Re: The Reason Why Linda Ikeji's Blog Overtook Nairaland In Alexa Rankings by jaylister(m): 10:51pm On Feb 08, 2015
Re: The Reason Why Linda Ikeji's Blog Overtook Nairaland In Alexa Rankings by SIRANDREWS: 1:39pm On Feb 10, 2015
sMayor:
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

WWW.Fsb.gov.ng What Is Wrong With Them????? / Do You Need Huge Traffic ? Drop Your Website URL And Get Good Traffic / Wapkiz Jumb Code For Filelist And Bloglist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.