Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Which Of These Cars Is Easy To Maintain - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Of These Cars Is Easy To Maintain (6741 Views)

5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria / Car Quiz - Tell Us The Names Of These Cars Using Their Rear Lights / Checkout These Cars Manufactured By Innoson Manufacturing Company Nigeria(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These Cars Is Easy To Maintain by nathdim: 3:34pm On Feb 08, 2015
Hey guys been a while these is my first post dis year recently i just sold my Nissan pathfinder to my cousin (just bought it 6 months ago) now i plan on getting something different and the car's I have in mind are
1 lexus rx300 year 03
2 toyota avalon o2/03
Pls i heard they run on the same engine as for me i would love the lexus bcus i PLANNED on getting a Toyota highlander but it's too high for my budget but the problem is i don't know if the cost of maintaining the lexus is much differ from the avalon please ur advice would be of great interest as i plan to get one these cars b4 the election
Re: Which Of These Cars Is Easy To Maintain by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:40pm On Feb 08, 2015
I belive the difference would be price of the tyres.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Cars Is Easy To Maintain by nathdim: 3:50pm On Feb 08, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
I belive the difference would be price of the tyres.

what about fuel economy and the mechanics is the rx300 easy to handle as the avalon
Re: Which Of These Cars Is Easy To Maintain by spyg1(m): 3:52pm On Feb 08, 2015
nathdim:
Hey guys been a while these is my first post dis year recently i just sold my Nissan pathfinder to my cousin (just bought it 6 months ago) now i plan on getting something different and the car's I have in mind are
1 lexus rx300 year 03
2 toyota avalon o2/03
Pls i heard they run on the same engine as for me i would love the lexus bcus i PLANNED on getting a Toyota highlander but it's too high for my budget but the problem is i don't know if the cost of maintaining the lexus is much differ from the avalon please ur advice would be of great interest as i plan to get one these cars b4 the election
just shun them and go for Lexus RX330
Re: Which Of These Cars Is Easy To Maintain by nathdim: 3:55pm On Feb 08, 2015
spyg1:
i said i can't afford a Toyota highlander u are advising me to go 4 a lexus rx330
Re: Which Of These Cars Is Easy To Maintain by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 08, 2015
spyg1:

what made you say so?
do you think an RX330 is easy to maintain with all its bevy of electronic aid computer and sensors?
do you think its easy on gas considering its size, mass, and engine displacement?
do you think its a "kazeem the mechanic fit repair am" kind of car?
do you think its cheap to purchase?

Op if you buy this RX330 and you cant maintain it and it do you strong thing, you will live to hate any car with 'L' in an oval shaped badge.

Finally op, go get what so ever tickles your fantasy and can give you easy of maintenance.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Cars Is Easy To Maintain by nathdim: 10:21pm On Feb 08, 2015
lomomike:

what made you say so?
do you think an RX330 is easy to maintain with all its bevy of electronic aid computer and sensors?
do you think its easy on gas considering its size, mass, and engine displacement?

Op if you buy this RX330 and you cant maintain it and it do you strong thing, you will live to hate any car with 'L' in an oval shaped badge.

Finally op, go get what so ever tickles your fantasy and can give you easy of maintenance.
which is your take on both of these cars
Re: Which Of These Cars Is Easy To Maintain by sultaan(m): 3:26am On Feb 09, 2015
This is Nigerian dynamics at its best.

You sold a pathfinder after 6 months now you want a Toyota you can afford?

The Avalon and RX300 of the same year cost more than Highlander brand new.

You said you can't afford to buy the Highlander, then some might think you can't afford to own the Lexus considering it a better car than the Highlander.

So we have to play it safe here and pick the Avalon because it has the better fuel economy and should be the cheapest going by Nigerian standards.
Re: Which Of These Cars Is Easy To Maintain by spyg1(m): 10:05pm On Feb 09, 2015
lomomike:

what made you say so?

noted
Re: Which Of These Cars Is Easy To Maintain by fastlane84: 1:42pm On Feb 10, 2015
both are good depends on what u want..... i advise u go for avalon,being using mine for months no issues and very good for travelling. just make sure u get d xls type
Re: Which Of These Cars Is Easy To Maintain by nathdim: 11:33am On Feb 12, 2015
fastlane84:
both are good depends on what u want..... i advise u go for avalon,being using mine for months no issues and very good for travelling. just make sure u get d xls type
it seems everyone is on the avalon side can d avalon handle bad roads
Re: Which Of These Cars Is Easy To Maintain by tollybloggz(m): 2:15pm On Feb 12, 2015
Sure avalon moves smoothing depends on ur shock absorbers.
Re: Which Of These Cars Is Easy To Maintain by nathdim: 2:59pm On Feb 12, 2015
Pls anybody who has the idea of a very clean 02 avalon
Re: Which Of These Cars Is Easy To Maintain by Nobody: 3:01pm On Feb 12, 2015
nathdim:
it seems everyone is on the avalon side can d avalon handle bad roads
I beg to differ, I stand out from the crowd.
I drive a 2003 H.L 2.4l. It is smooth, soaks up uneven road surface and feels sure footed on the road. I even take it to some of my site. Its durable very dependable and its not bad on fuel at 19MPG city 25MPG highway.

Go for the HL and thank me later. cool
If you need the extra bells and whistles, get the Limited model trim.
Re: Which Of These Cars Is Easy To Maintain by nathdim: 3:09pm On Feb 12, 2015
lomomike:

I beg to differ, I stand out from the crowd.
I drive a 2003 H.L 2.4l. It is smooth, soaks up uneven road surface and feels sure footed on the road. I even take it to some of my site. Its durable very dependable and its not bad on fuel at 19MPG city 25MPG highway.

Go for the HL and thank me later. cool
If you need the extra bells and whistles, get the Limited model trim.
there is no doubt the highlander outclass both cars but my max budget is 1.8million and I want a clean tokunbo not a naija used
Re: Which Of These Cars Is Easy To Maintain by nathdim: 3:10pm On Feb 12, 2015
tollybloggz:
Sure avalon moves smoothing depends on ur shock absorbers.
any idea how much d shock absorber costs
Re: Which Of These Cars Is Easy To Maintain by RollingFella(m): 1:29pm On Feb 13, 2015
nathdim:
there is no doubt the highlander outclass both cars but my max budget is 1.8million and I want a clean tokunbo not a naija used

I think with your 1.8million budget, you can get a 2003 2.4L highlander.
Re: Which Of These Cars Is Easy To Maintain by nathdim: 3:23pm On Feb 13, 2015
RollingFella:

I think with your 1.8million budget, you can get a 2003 2.4L highlander.
u mean i can get 03 tokunbo highlander at Dat price
Please tell me where bcus d list i saw at berger auto market was 2m
Re: Which Of These Cars Is Easy To Maintain by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 13, 2015
nathdim:
u mean i can get 03 tokunbo highlander at Dat price
Please tell me where bcus d list i saw at berger auto market was 2m

Highlanders don't come cheap in Naija. I get scared of Berger deals because folks say its not genuine papers, and they are tampered with (audio device, foglamps, antenna mast, or even Odometer roll back, why not try Lagos warf or cotonu but insist on genuine custom papers. The last time I checked for a friend in december I finally found an 03 HL 2.4 FWD base trim for 2.2m, registration and other things such as tracking device + fueling and driving to Abuja made it go to NGN2,442,000. It was from Lagos Warf and had a clean title with all accessories intact.

(1) (Reply)

“One-Way”: Is The Government & Road Authorities Using Them To Defraud Motorists? / Your Ideal Car, Favorite Production Car & Car Manufacturer / 4 Signs Of A Faulty Speedometer Sensor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.