Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,311 members, 7,867,814 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 02:55 AM

FASHOLA/INEC ALLEGEDLY WITHHOLD PVCs OF YORUBAs/NORTHERNERS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FASHOLA/INEC ALLEGEDLY WITHHOLD PVCs OF YORUBAs/NORTHERNERS (481 Views)

SGF Suspension: How Threat To Withhold $1:2bn EU Aid Forced Buhari's Hand / Budget 2017 : China May Withhold $29.9b Loans / 555 Pvcs Of Dead Persons Found In Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FASHOLA/INEC ALLEGEDLY WITHHOLD PVCs OF YORUBAs/NORTHERNERS by dodoniyi: 6:28pm On Feb 08, 2015
This above topic is my opposite reaction to the topic in the link below....

https://www.nairaland.com/2136099/fashola-release-igbo-pvcs-now

First of all, Seun, the owner of this great forum, should call the moderators especially under the politics section to order or teach them anew on what topics, how and when to move certain topics to the FRONT PAGE during this already heated political period.

When I first saw the topic - "Fashola/INEC Allegedly Withhold PVCs of igbos/SS" on the FP, I was eager to click on the link for the details and behold I was greatly disappointed to see such topic on the FP without weblinks or sources.
Just because 5 or 10 or even 20 Igbos or south south people were not allowed to collect their PVCs does not mean the poster should just conclude that FASHOLA with INEC are hoarding the PVCs of the Igbos and other tribes.

The following are facts:

I am part of thousands of unregistered class of people who are far above 18 years of age and who might have tried in the past years, weeks or months to get registered but could not up to this time.

My work place is in Obalende. There is a part of Obalende that is mostly occupied by Hausa people. Hundreds of them still complain that they have not been able to get their PVCs due to certain reasons. Aside this, more than 15 co-workers who are Yoruba people have not been allowed to get their PVCs. In my residential area, hundreds of Yorubas have not collected their PVCs due to so many reasons.

With the above facts, I can't just bring up an allegation that FASHOLA AND INEC ARE HOARDING THE PVCs OF YORUBAS AND HAUSAS.
Re: FASHOLA/INEC ALLEGEDLY WITHHOLD PVCs OF YORUBAs/NORTHERNERS by agabusta: 6:39pm On Feb 08, 2015
Thank you sir. I just tire for this country. I don't know why everything must be viewed from the prism of primordial ethnic sentiments.

This must be condemned in its entirety.
"Some people have not been able to collect their PVC". Why can't they maintain the story like this? Why must they give it an ethnic coloration??

So so many Yorubas and hausas in Lagos have not been able to collect theirs as well.
PDP is encouraging ethnic sentiments and actively using it as a campaign strategy. I pray against violence, but if katakata bust, they should be held responsible.

I hope nairaland will try as much as possible as well not to give such stories designed to stimulate ethnic sentiments publicity.

1 Like

Re: FASHOLA/INEC ALLEGEDLY WITHHOLD PVCs OF YORUBAs/NORTHERNERS by SeverusSnape(m): 6:41pm On Feb 08, 2015
Someone wants to make front page... but Sorry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FASHOLA/INEC ALLEGEDLY WITHHOLD PVCs OF YORUBAs/NORTHERNERS by dodoniyi: 6:44pm On Feb 08, 2015
agabusta:
Thank you sir. I just tire for this country. I don't know why everything must be viewed from the prism of primordial ethnic sentiments.

This must be condemned in its entirety. Some people have not been able to collect their PVC, why can't they maintain the story like this? Why must they give it an ethnic coloration??

So so many Yorubas and hausas as well in Lagos have not been able to collect as well.
PDP is encouraging ethnic sentiments and actively using it as a campaign strategy. I pray against violence, but if katakata bust, they should be held responsible.

I hope nairaland will try as much as possible as well not to give such stories designed to stimulate ethnic sentiments publicity.

God bless you for this message

(1) (Reply)

Inec Was Not Ready For Feb. Elections-pdp Chairman, Adamu Muazu / God Fathers And Politics / Jonathan's Government Is Corrupt - They Want Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.