Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread (36197 Views)

A Nairalander And His Girlfriend Win Lumia Phones From Nokia (Photos) / What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? / All Elephone Smart Phones Discussion Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by Nobody: 7:09am On Feb 11, 2015
kallmemrB:
with Lumia camera its kinda great for a 5MP fone
well, thanks for ur response, i think i have to go for lumia 730.
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 11, 2015
Nokialumia720:
well, thanks for ur response, i think i have to go for lumia 730.
ok....that Lumia 730 is pretty amazing with a 4.7inch screen 6.7 MP carl zeiss optics,5MP secondary cam and also dual sim it goes for 47k in nigeria
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by obosirow: 8:21am On Feb 11, 2015
I still experience the enlarged font on locked screen. I have to shut down the phone and restart in order to restore the default font size. I thought with the update that the issue would have been resolved. I have the latest update. I only happens after the screen lock with pin lock is active; not all the time though.
it Microsoft Lumia 535 dual sim.
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 11, 2015
obosirow:
I still experience the enlarged font on locked screen. I have to shut down the phone and restart in order to restore the default font size. I thought with the update that the issue would have been resolved. I have the latest update. I only happens after the screen lock with pin lock is active; not all the time though.
it Microsoft Lumia 535 dual sim.
do a screen snap of ur phone in about and extra...i wanna confirm if u have the latest update

The only prob I notice is very very minor with they typing but if u hide the nav bar then u wont notice any prob

Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:41am On Feb 11, 2015
kallmemrB:
ok....that Lumia 730 is pretty amazing with a 4.7inch screen 6.7 MP carl zeiss optics,5MP secondary cam and also dual sim it goes for 47k in nigeria
its 44k at slot, i will get it after my semester exam. But tell me how cortana work bese on ur expirience.
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 11, 2015
Nokialumia720:
its 44k at slot, i will get it after my semester exam. But tell me how cortana work bese on ur expirience.
to be honest with u...u wont find cortana on it cos Cortana is a internet fuccntioning app....u need unlimited internet connection...so the phones sold in slot for Nigerians don't have cortana...Nigeria network don't reallysupport it but u can do black update to get it at ur own convenience....phones bought from other region andh countries has cortana.
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 11, 2015
Nokialumia720:
to be honest with u...u wont find cortana on it cos Cortana is a internet fuccntioning app....u need unlimited internet connection...so the phones sold in slot for Nigerians don't have cortana...Nigeria network don't reallysupport it but u can do black update to get it at ur own convenience....phones bought from other region and countries has cortana.

Cortana Cortana is available in the following countries/regions: Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, United States. For info about how to get an early preview version of Cortana in your locale, see

Cortana alpha With the release of Windows Phone 8.1 Update, an alpha version (or early preview) of Cortana will be available in: *.Australia *.Canada (English) *.France *.Germany *.India (English) *.Italy *.Spain The following steps will help you get Cortana set up on your phone so you can find out what all the buzz is about. Notes *.This is an alpha version of Cortana, and some features may not be available or work as expected. Your feedback about Cortanais welcome and will help us improve the experience for your locale. For more ways to give feedback about Cortana, see the section,To help make Cortana even better, at the end of this topic. *.Some features for Cortana may not be available in all countries or regions. *.If you turn Cortana on, for her to work for you, Microsoft collects and uses your location, contacts, voice input, info from email and text messages, browser history, search history, calendar details, and other info. To set up Cortana alpha 1. Before doing anything, you'll need to update your phone. You can do this in two ways: *. Make sure you have Windows Phone 8.1 Update installed on your phone. For France, Italy, Germany, or Spain, you'll need OS version 8.10.14219.341 or later. For Australia, Canada, or India, you'll need OS version 8.10.14141.167 or later. Check to see which version you haveand find out if an update is available. *. Install the update through the Windows Phone Preview for Developers. This program makes updates available to anyone who's interested in getting the new Windows Phone updates on their phones earlier than the general public. For more info, see the Windows Dev Center. 2. Make sure that the following settings reflect your language and country/region. In the App list, tapSettings>Language. Make sure you have one of the following languages installed as the first or only choice for your locale: *.Deutsch (Deutschland) *.English (Australia) *.English (Canada) *.English (India) *.Español (España) *.Français (France) *.Italiano (Italia) Note If you install a new language, you may need to restart your phone before you can set it to use that language. 3. InSettings>Region, make sure thatCountry/Regionis set to the correct country/region for your locale: *.Australia *.Canada *.France *.Germany *.India *.Italy *.Spain 4. InSettings>Speech, setSpeech languageto the following settings for your locale: *.For Australia,English (United Kingdom) *.For Canada,English (United States) *.For France,Français (France) *.For Germany,Deutsch (Deutschland) *.For India,English (United Kingdom) *.For Italy,Italiano (Italia) *.For Spain,Español (España) 5. When your phone is set to the correct language, region, and Speech language, go to Cortana by pressing theSearchbutton. 6. When prompted, review and accept the conditions on the two Cortana acknowledgment screens. Note If you see the message, "I'm sorry, but I can't speak your language yet," when you use Cortana for the first time, see Solutions to Cortana issuesto fix the problem. To help make Cortana even better Here are a few ways you can help Cortana help you: *.Use Cortana—a lot! The more you use Cortana, the better she'll get at helping you. *.Go to Cortana.uservoice.comto report problems, vote on suggestions, and read how-to's about Cortana. *.You can send us feedback through Cortana herself. Once you've installed Cortana on your phone, press theSearchbutton to go to Cortana, pan down to the bottom of the page, and then tapShare my feedback about Cortana. *.When something's not working as expected, you can also say "Feedback" to Cortana. Once you've installed Cortana on your phone, press and hold theSearchbutton, and then ask Cortana what you need help with. If Cortana doesn't answer with the appropriate info (for example, you want a sports score, and Cortana tells you about the weather), press and hold theSearchbutton again, and say, "Feedback" or "Microsoft feedback" or "Cortana feedback." Cortana will reply with search results, but don't worry, she'll still receive your feedback. (Submitting feedback for Cortana may not be available in all countries or regions.)

Note You can turn Cortana off at any time. Go toCortana's Notebook>Settings, turn CortanaOff, and then restart your phone.
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 11, 2015
kallmemrB:
to be honest with u...u wont find cortana on it cos Cortana is a internet fuccntioning app....u need unlimited internet connection...so the phones sold in slot for Nigerians don't have cortana...Nigeria network don't reallysupport it but u can do black update to get it at ur own convenience....phones bought from other region andh countries has cortana.
there are tricks which can make cortana work in nigeria by changing region and language to U.S.
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 11, 2015
Nokialumia720:
there are tricks which can make cortana work in nigeria by changing region and language to U.S.
I know but do we really need Cortana?
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by Nobody: 6:20pm On Feb 11, 2015
kallmemrB:
I know but do we really need Cortana?
yes oooo, it is one of the reasons why i want to buy the lumia 730. Dont you know that cortana can help u in most of ur academic work like doin assignment, research work, reminding you when u have lectures. U can even add ur reading time table on cortana for her to remind you that its time to read. Infact after i have google the usefulness of cortana i was pleased and made up my mind to get lumia 730.
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 11, 2015
Nokialumia720:
yes oooo, it is one of the reasons why i want to buy the lumia 730. Dont you know that cortana can help u in most of ur academic work like doin assignment, research work, reminding you when u have lectures. U can even add ur reading time table on cortana for her to remind you that its time to read. Infact after i have google the usefulness of cortana i was pleased and made up my mind to get lumia 730.
I know I read abt cortana but I decided not to install it cos I love the way my phone is for now but I will try to get the link and upload on the thread incase people wanna download it
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 11, 2015
kallmemrB:
I know I read abt cortana but I decided not to install it cos I love the way my phone is for now but I will try to get the link and upload on the thread incase people wanna download it
ok. tell me your lumia 535 user expirience. The touchscreen issue, what are ur most usefull apps. How does opera browser and bbm work on ur lumia compared to android.
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 11, 2015
Nokialumia720:
ok. tell me your lumia 535 user expirience. The touchscreen issue, what are ur most usefull apps. How does opera browser and bbm work on ur lumia compared to android.
to be honest..some things abt this phone is better than android version...

Facebook app is alot better,instagram app is amazing...BBM is just ok maybe on same per.....

The ucweb and opera is amazing than the ordinary ucweb/opera of android but the HD versions on android is better

I don't know why people complain abt the screen cos my screen is perfectly ok,no lagging or stuffs

The only very minor prob i notice is the keyboard prob but I do correct that by hiding the nav bar

Skype,Viber is better on here but android true caller I better

Window web browser is the best ,thousand times better than android

Though apps here are expensive but u can get some amazing ones for free

The window interface is amazing,alot better than android ...check on the pic below I have over 30apps on my start screen...imagine having all this on an android screen

The music and video quality are superb

Selfie is easier to take but they lack zooming in 535 but u can use camera 360 it has all those qualities

The battery is amazing...not over heating like the androids esp... Samsung,htc,infinix

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 11, 2015
kallmemrB:

Facebook app is alot better,instagram app is amazing...BBM is just ok maybe on same per.....

The ucweb and opera is amazing than the ordinary ucweb/opera of android but the HD versions on android is better

I don't know why people complain abt the screen cos my screen is perfectly ok,no lagging or stuffs

The only very minor prob i notice is the keyboard prob but I do correct that by hiding the nav bar

The window interface is amazing,alot better than android ...check on the pic below I have over 30apps on my start screen...imagine having all this on an android screen

Selfie is easier to take but they lack zooming in 535 but u can use camera 360 it has all those qualities

The battery is amazing...not over heating like the androids esp... Samsung,htc,infinix

thanks dear. I,m still thinking of which one to buy btw lumia 730 and lumia 535. Well i love sharp better camera quality which l730 can offer more than 535. Though i dont knw how good 5mp camera of 535 look like compared to my formal lumia 720 which give amazing picture quality. Tell me about the camera quality of l535.
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by Nobody: 7:39pm On Feb 11, 2015
Nokialumia720:
thanks dear. I,m still thinking of which one to buy btw lumia 730 and lumia 535. Well i love sharp better camera quality which l730 can offer more than 535. Though i dont knw how good 5mp camera of 535 look like compared to my formal lumia 720 which give amazing picture quality. Tell me about the camera quality of l535.
i havent really snap withe rear camera but this is what the front camera looks like 1hr ago and also theres a screen guard on it

Dont compare 730 with 535....730 is miles ahead with 5MP HD front camera 6.6MP carl zeiss optics real camera

May reason i bought this phone was because i was suprise a lumia with this great spec could be so cheap, i fell inlove with it since the annoucement of the making cos ur bbaffles me why microsoft flagship phone was so cheap

Do u know this is the first ever lumia coming with microsoft name

Pic size was like 2mb i had to crop it
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by Nobody: 6:10am On Feb 13, 2015
IMPORTANT ANNOUCEMENT TO ALL LUMIA 535 AND 535 DUAL USERS!!!!

If u just bought a Lumia 535 or 535 dual and couldn't find Cortana on it...dont panic,just relax,there's a simple way to get it...its already on ur phone,its just hiding...follow the steps below

If you are from the United States, this post is not for you as you already received your very own Digital Assistant. As Cortanais in beta, it is not available to all the regions and is basically US only for now. However, if you have updated to Windows Phone 8.1already and want to spend time with Cortana, there is an easy workaround to get it outside of the US and that’s done just by changing the Phone’s regional and language settings. No matter where you are from, UK, Australia or China, here’s how to make cortana work for you.

1. Set the Phone’s Region to the US The very first thing to do is to set the Phone’s region to the United States. That can be done by navigating to theAll Apps> Settings> Region.Once here, set theCountry/Regionto United Statesand leave theRegional formatbox intact i.e.match phone language. 2. Set English (United States) as your Phone’s Language The second step to do is to set English (United States) as your Phone’s display and speech language. On the Settings page, tap onlanguage> add languageand tickEnglish (United States)from the available options.

If English (United States) appears as Option 2 on the Language settings screen, long tap on it and chooseMove Up. Finally if you have a slow connection, head to Settings> Phone Update to see the download progress of new language pack. Cortana requires the English US language pack for speech.

3. Restart your Phone Upon changing the language, the phone will ask for restart. Just restart it and wait for a few minutes for the phone to set up Cortana and other regional options as needed. Once it is done, the phone will boot up normally, so be patient.

4. Enable Location and Use Cortana Cortana won’t work without Data Connection (Cellular or WiFi) and Location Services enabled. So do enable them and once done, Tap on the Search key on your phone to load up the most amazing feature of Windows phone8.

1 Share

Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by PlutoLA(m): 9:33am On Mar 02, 2015
kallmemrB:

So you're guaranteeing that the Lumia 535 is okay? Cuz I was about to purchase it when I heard it has touchscreen issues eg you cant zoom while taking a pic, your fingers have to be 20mm apart to zoom plus it has ghost touches,you need to touch the center of the key while typing and you can't type too fast,etc etc. Cuz I mean the specifications just make the price appear like you're getting it for free.
And you're sure I can get Cortana on it following those steps you listed?
Awaiting your reply.
Thanx
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 02, 2015
PlutoLA:

So you're guaranteeing that the Lumia 535 is okay? Cuz I was about to purchase it when I heard it has touchscreen issues eg you cant zoom while taking a pic, your fingers have to be 20mm apart to zoom plus it has ghost touches,you need to touch the center of the key while typing and you can't type too fast,etc etc. Cuz I mean the specifications just make the price appear like you're getting it for free.
Awaiting your reply.
Thanx

Boss i guaranty you but make sure they upgrade it at the store u but it and also u can type as fast as u can....i have been using smartphone for a while so i can easily type as fast as i want on the lumia 535 dual..

withe Camera 360 Sight u can zoom and do anything u want...the latest update from Camera 360 makes know possible to snap with date and time included

pls read my specs abt the BBM thats the only app i know aint top grade.....now we have VLC though its not at the best but still ok....The phobe video player can also play avi files

the touchscreen issue comes up once in a blue moon cos i hardly encounter that......Video recording on it makes 5mp looks like 8mp...selfie is also great but no side button for camera is a letdown but u can still take ur slfie with the touchscren and its pretty cool....coming with flash also makes it awesome

you can listen to music for 10hrs and still have lots of battery....you can watch like 3plus movies on full battery

you gonna love the phone
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 02, 2015
PlutoLA:

Awaiting your reply.
Thanx

Boss i guaranty you but make sure they upgrade it at the store u but it and also u can type as fast as u can....i have been using smartphone for a while so i can easily type as fast as i want on the lumia 535 dual..

withe Camera 360 Sight u can zoom and do anything u want...the latest update from Camera 360 makes know possible to snap with date and time included

pls read my specs abt the BBM thats the only app i know aint top grade.....now we have VLC though its not at the best but still ok....The phobe video player can also play avi files

the touchscreen issue comes up once in a blue moon cos i hardly encounter that......Video recording on it makes 5mp looks like 8mp...selfie is also great but no side button for camera is a letdown but u can still take ur slfie with the touchscren and its pretty cool....coming with flash also makes it awesome

you can listen to music for 10hrs and still have lots of battery....you can watch like 3plus movies on full battery

you gonna love the phone and Yes you can have Cortana......
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by PlutoLA(m): 1:07pm On Mar 02, 2015
kallmemrB:

you gonna love the phone and Yes you can have Cortana......

Okay thanx a lot mahn,really appreciate. I'll go pick up the phone at slot ASAP.
Thanx again
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by W3xy1(m): 1:25pm On Mar 02, 2015
Which data bundle you guys are using on lumia phones coz i wanna buy lumia 530
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 02, 2015
PlutoLA:

Okay thanx a lot mahn,really appreciate. I'll go pick up the phone at slot ASAP.
Thanx again

make sure you buy a screen guard immediately......and rwmember the updating
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by PlutoLA(m): 2:12pm On Mar 02, 2015
kallmemrB:

make sure you buy a screen guard immediately......and rwmember the updating

Sure thing bruh
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by mayordadon(m): 2:58pm On Mar 04, 2015
kallmemrB:
yes...the phone is running window 8.1
plx can u help me in. I just recieved my phone today after a mont nd d issue has been resolved just dat i cant brows wit it after i manually configured it nd i on d data services to but jnw respons. I dnt knw if u can help me out plx i will b waiting for ur reply
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:02pm On Mar 04, 2015
mayordadon:
plx can u help me in. I just recieved my phone today after a mont nd d issue has been resolved just dat i cant brows wit it after i manually configured it nd i on d data services to but jnw respons. I dnt knw if u can help me out plx i will b waiting for ur reply

pls i dont really understand whay u wrote......did u try browsing with the phone browser? is ur phone single or dual? can i seen a screen shot of ur configuration...which network Are u using?
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by udemzyudex(m): 10:03pm On Mar 04, 2015
No HD games?
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by Nobody: 11:11pm On Mar 04, 2015
W3xy1:
Which data bundle you guys are using on lumia phones coz i wanna buy lumia 530
sorry for my late reply.....i would have notice ur post if. u had quote me.....

am currently using share Data on it....i bought from obe of the online etisalat sellers
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by Nobody: 11:35pm On Mar 04, 2015
udemzyudex:
No HD games?
. not an HD phone but u can play HD games and watch HD movies
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by obosirow: 9:42am On Mar 05, 2015
kallmemrB:
do a screen snap of ur phone in about and extra...i wanna confirm if u have the latest update

The only prob I notice is very very minor with they typing but if u hide the nav bar then u wont notice any prob

I took the phone to Computer village and they had to run OS recovery on my device. Thank God I had backed up my data and as such recovered my important data. I haven't noticed the enlarged fonts since the recovery was ran. Still observing.
Thanks
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 05, 2015
obosirow:

I took the phone to Computer village and they had to run OS recovery on my device. Thank God I had backed up my data and as such recovered my important data. I haven't noticed the enlarged fonts since the recovery was ran. Still observing.
Thanks

my advice is if u have a Pc try to download nokia software updated for retail on ur pc....u can recover the os and all stuffs when ur phone begins to act up but i believe u will hardly face any challenge now cos the phone is pretty awesome
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by obosirow: 4:30pm On Mar 05, 2015
kallmemrB:

my advice is if u have a Pc try to download nokia software updated for retail on ur pc....u can recover the os and all stuffs when ur phone begins to act up but i believe u will hardly face any challenge now cos the phone is pretty awesome

I have the recovery software installed already.
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by mayordadon(m): 11:26pm On Mar 07, 2015
I have the recovery software installed already.[/quote] pls is dere any app to share apps between windows phone
Cos I can't download d app @d d store ɲd games too much mb recquire ɲď µ if nt.wich data plan suit most on d 535 dual sim nd last longer I will b waiting 4 yah reply

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How To Change Your Whatsapp From A Normal Account To A Business Account / [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. / What You Never Knew About The Original Creators Of Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.