Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,733 members, 7,862,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 03:22 PM

Re: What Is Atheophobia? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Re: What Is Atheophobia? (692 Views)

Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) / What Is Atheophobia? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re: What Is Atheophobia? by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:45am On Jan 02, 2009
Aunty lady,
Yet again kindergarten biology has failed us.
You did not read that link abi? You are making me teach biology and its not fair oh cheesy
Anyway lets address your concerns,
~Lady~:

Lol I know we have attached several purposes for sex, but oga abeg be truthful with yourself and others, what is the main purpose for sex and the sexual organs.
"We" did not attach several purposes for sex, we evolved to what we are now and thus sex plays a lot more complex role than just procreation.
Ovulation, a point in a females reproductive cycle when it is suitable to be impregnated is concealed in humans and bonobos( you should read more about these they display homosexual behaviour too). So both partners do not if the female is fertile or not. A possible reason for this distinct biological feature may be formation of strong emotional bonds between sexual partners important for social interactions and, in the case of humans, long-term partnership rather than immediate sexual reproduction.
Humans, bonobos and dolphins are all intelligent social animals, whose cooperative behavior proves far more successful than that of any individual alone. In these animals, the use of sex has evolved beyond reproduction apparently to serve additional social functions. Sex reinforces intimate social bonds between individuals to form larger social structures. The resulting cooperation encourages collective tasks that promote the survival of each member of the group.
Wikipedia:
posit three potential advantages of intercourse in humans, which are not mutually exclusive: reproductive, relational, and recreational. While the development of the Pill and other highly effective forms of contraception in the mid- and late 20th century increased people's ability to segregate these three functions, they still overlap a great deal and in complex patterns. For example: A fertile couple may have intercourse while contracepting not only to experience sexual pleasure (recreational), but also as a means of emotional intimacy (relational), thus deepening their bonding, making their relationship more stable and more capable of sustaining children in the future (deferred reproductive). This same couple may emphasize different aspects of intercourse on different occasions, being playful during one episode of intercourse (recreational), experiencing deep emotional connection on another occasion (relational), and later, after discontinuing contraception, seeking to achieve pregnancy (reproductive, or more likely reproductive and relational).

The way you see sex is what you get when issues are judged on religious and not intellectual basis.
I take it that you were either too lazy to read up about sexual identity , orientation and all that. Well I am tired of copying and pasting, especially since I use a pda.

(1) (Reply)

A Satanist Needs No Church / Why Should I Respect These Oppressive Religions - Islam Meddling With Un Rights / Be Nobody's Valentine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.