Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,576 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Foreign Movies That Adorned Our Childhood (Photos) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Foreign Movies That Adorned Our Childhood (Photos) (3093 Views)

10 Classic Yoruba Movies That Made Your Childhood / Which Site Can I Download Foreign Movies? / Foreign Movies That Adorned Our Childhood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foreign Movies That Adorned Our Childhood (Photos) by lolaxavier(m): 4:37pm On Feb 09, 2015
It is true that sometimes we feel like going back to the old times when we where much younger, with good old memories. However, our childhood wouldn't have been complete without some fascinating and memorable foreign movies that really got us into movie-narrating contest among peers at home and in school then.
To help you with the throwback, I have collated 37 movies that were the talk of the town back then and I have also added some pictures that would help you in retrieving lost memories.
No doubt, this will bring smiles to some faces, probably tears...You can add yours as well. MODs, let's relief stress today with this. Would be good to have this on FP.

1. The Good, Bad and Ugly (Clint Eastwood)
2. Nagin
3. Sholay (Amitabh Bachchan & Dharmendra)
4. Coming to America (Eddie Murphy)

1 Like

Re: Foreign Movies That Adorned Our Childhood (Photos) by lolaxavier(m): 4:39pm On Feb 09, 2015
5. Commando (Arnold Schwarzenegger)
6. Snake in the Monkey Shadow
7. The Drunken Master (Jackie Chan)
8. First Blood 1, 2 &3 (Sylvester Stallone)

Re: Foreign Movies That Adorned Our Childhood (Photos) by lolaxavier(m): 4:40pm On Feb 09, 2015
9. Terminator (Arnold Schwarzenegger)
10. Seventh Voyage of Sinbad
11. Hard Way (The Only Way)
12. Gazab (Dharmendra)

Re: Foreign Movies That Adorned Our Childhood (Photos) by lolaxavier(m): 4:41pm On Feb 09, 2015
13. Equalizer 2000
14. Rocky 1,2,3,4 (Sylvester Stallone)
15. An American Werewolf in London
15. The Omen

Re: Foreign Movies That Adorned Our Childhood (Photos) by lolaxavier(m): 4:42pm On Feb 09, 2015
17. The Evil Dead (Bruce Campbell)
18. Above the Law (Steven Seagal))
19. Die Hard
20. Kick Boxer (Jean Claude Van Damme)

Re: Foreign Movies That Adorned Our Childhood (Photos) by lolaxavier(m): 4:44pm On Feb 09, 2015
21. Best of the Best
22. The Spy who loved me (Roger Moore)
23. For your Eyes Only (Roger Moore)
24. No Retreat, No Surrender

1 Like

Re: Foreign Movies That Adorned Our Childhood (Photos) by lolaxavier(m): 4:46pm On Feb 09, 2015
25. Mad Max 1 & 2 (Mel Gobson)
26. I Spit on your Grave
27. God Must be Crazy 1 & 2
28. Enter the Dragon (Bruce Lee)

Re: Foreign Movies That Adorned Our Childhood (Photos) by lolaxavier(m): 4:47pm On Feb 09, 2015
29. Predator (Arnold Schwarzenegger)
30. Thief of Bagdad
31. Fist of Fury
32. Robo Cop (Peter Weller)

Re: Foreign Movies That Adorned Our Childhood (Photos) by lolaxavier(m): 4:48pm On Feb 09, 2015
33. Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (Harrison Ford)
34. A Nightmare on Elm Street
35. Clash of the Titans (Harry Hamlin)
36. Invasion USA (Chuck Norris)

1 Like

Re: Foreign Movies That Adorned Our Childhood (Photos) by lolaxavier(m): 4:59pm On Feb 09, 2015
37. Toofan

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Movies That Adorned Our Childhood (Photos) by joseph1832(m): 2:43am On Feb 10, 2015
Memories... This movie brings back memories. And I've watched every one of them.

OP you didn't add that Indian movie, The Dog And His Master and The Burning Train. Though I hated indian movies then.

Child's Play (Chukky) 1, 2 ,3 isn't there also, not to forget The Seven Lucky Kids (Lucky Seven), Above The Law (Yuen Bio with Cynthia Rothrock), Friday The 13th.

Wish I could go back to being a kid! Imagine mentioning these movies to the indomie generation now....

1 Like

Re: Foreign Movies That Adorned Our Childhood (Photos) by lolaxavier(m): 8:47am On Feb 10, 2015
joseph1832:
Memories... This movie brings back memories. And I've watched every one of them.

OP you didn't add that Indian movie, The Dog And His Master and The Burning Train. Though I hated indian movies then.

Child's Play (Chukky) 1, 2 ,3 isn't there also, not to forget The Seven Lucky Kids (Lucky Seven), Above The Law (Yuen Bio with Cynthia Rothrock), Friday The 13th.

Wish I could go back to being a kid! Imagine mentioning these movies to the indomie generation now....

Guy, yeah you are right...i know all the movies you mentioned but obviously I can't remember all. Please feel free to add yours...
Re: Foreign Movies That Adorned Our Childhood (Photos) by joseph1832(m): 8:56am On Feb 10, 2015
lolaxavier:

Guy, yeah you are right...i know all the movies you mentioned but obviously I can't remember all. Please feel free to add yours...
Can do, will do. When will the mods move this thread to front page?.
Re: Foreign Movies That Adorned Our Childhood (Photos) by lolaxavier(m): 8:58am On Feb 10, 2015
joseph1832:
Can do, will do. When will the mods move this thread to front page?.

I'm not sure why it is yet to hit the front page. This is something that will surely be loved by all.
Re: Foreign Movies That Adorned Our Childhood (Photos) by joseph1832(m): 9:06am On Feb 10, 2015
lolaxavier:

I'm not sure why it is yet to hit the front page. This is something that will surely be loved by all.

I agree. Funny thing is if this thread had been titled '5 types of people you meet at the cinema' gen gen! It will be on front page faster than the speed of light!.
Re: Foreign Movies That Adorned Our Childhood (Photos) by lolaxavier(m): 9:23am On Feb 10, 2015
joseph1832:
I agree. Funny thing is if this thread had been titled '5 types of people you meet at the cinema' gen gen! It will be on front page faster than the speed of light!.

Well you are right...Anyway that should stop the thread any ways. Everyone is free to add his or her own memorable film of the past...
Re: Foreign Movies That Adorned Our Childhood (Photos) by Qmab: 12:41pm On Feb 11, 2015
Home alone
Conan the destroyer
Conan the barbarian
Mard

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Movies That Adorned Our Childhood (Photos) by Nobody: 6:23am On Feb 12, 2015
Django
sound of music
moonraker
zombie
Dracula
Gone with the winds
superman
eye of the tiger
E.T.
American Ninja
Scarface
delta force
missing in action
back to the future
last American virgin
The graduate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Movies That Adorned Our Childhood (Photos) by Francheezy(m): 1:33pm On Feb 12, 2015
AMERICAN PIE.
Re: Foreign Movies That Adorned Our Childhood (Photos) by sexymoma(f): 2:07pm On Feb 12, 2015
Twin Worrior
Mard
Destinabari abi na wetin
Drunken Master

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Movies That Adorned Our Childhood (Photos) by pitipom: 3:46pm On Feb 12, 2015
Great list op! Those movies are evergreen. I remember:

•Cybourg(Jean-claude van damme)
•Warrior and the blind swordsman
•Yer verda raha(sunita n vikram)
•Red heat(Arnold Schwazenger)
•Jason and the Argonauts
•Jack the giant killer
•Annie
•Problem child
•Raid on Entebee(about Idi Amin)
•Super girl
•Not without my daughter
•Diamonds are forever(James bond)

They are all powerful movies.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Movies That Adorned Our Childhood (Photos) by lolaxavier(m): 3:50pm On Feb 12, 2015
runnazz:
Django
sound of music
moonraker
zombie
Dracula
Gone with the winds
superman
eye of the tiger
E.T.
American Ninja
Scarface
delta force
missing in action
back to the future
last American virgin
The graduate

Chai... see very old people for NL...

1 Like

Re: Foreign Movies That Adorned Our Childhood (Photos) by lolaxavier(m): 3:51pm On Feb 12, 2015
pitipom:
Great list op! Those movies are evergreen. I remember:

•Cybourg(Jean-claude van damme)
•Warrior and the blind swordsman
•Yer verda raha(sunita n vikram)
•Red heat(Arnold Schwazenger)
•Jason and the Argonauts
•Jack the giant killer
•Annie
•Problem child
•Raid on Entebee(about Idi Amin)
•Super girl
•Not without my daughter
•Diamonds are forever(James bond)

They are all powerful movies.

I can't believe someone can still remember all these movies. Whaoooo....
Re: Foreign Movies That Adorned Our Childhood (Photos) by lolaxavier(m): 3:52pm On Feb 12, 2015
sexymoma:
Twin Worrior
Mard
Destinabari abi na wetin
Drunken Master

Correct...
Re: Foreign Movies That Adorned Our Childhood (Photos) by lolaxavier(m): 3:52pm On Feb 12, 2015
MOD...try put dis tin for frontpage nah
Re: Foreign Movies That Adorned Our Childhood (Photos) by Nobody: 3:16am On Feb 13, 2015
famous five
matilda
drumline
stomp the yard
Re: Foreign Movies That Adorned Our Childhood (Photos) by Nobody: 8:50am On Feb 13, 2015
lolaxavier:

lolz...u funny,so i don turn granp's now..i don tey sha but i no be epa yet grin
Re: Foreign Movies That Adorned Our Childhood (Photos) by duduade: 2:16pm On Feb 14, 2015
lolaxavier:

Blade.. Wesley snipes
Re: Foreign Movies That Adorned Our Childhood (Photos) by joseph1832(m): 4:58pm On Feb 14, 2015
lolaxavier:

As in eh... People old oh!.

Am still surprise this thread isn't on front page yet! Mods...

Cc:
Prof800
UjSizzle
Re: Foreign Movies That Adorned Our Childhood (Photos) by joseph1832(m): 5:03pm On Feb 14, 2015
Tommysleek:
famous five
matilda
drumline
stomp the yard
Dude the famous five is a tv series, not a movie, besides, the movies you mentioned are pretty much recent!.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Movies That Adorned Our Childhood (Photos) by pitipom: 4:54pm On Feb 20, 2015
grin guess love for movies is in my genes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download Aqua Man Latest 2018 Movie On CMA BLOG Cmabrains.com / AIT MOVIE: Forever Yours / V5 Live IPTV Daily Test Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.