Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,354 members, 7,846,529 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Ekiti Rigging Tape Is Authentic — Police Minister Read More At: Ekiti Rigging T - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ekiti Rigging Tape Is Authentic — Police Minister Read More At: Ekiti Rigging T (538 Views)

Unbelievable Leak Video Of INEC OFFICIALS Rigging And Manipulation In Edo State / EXPOSED Caught On Tape Ibo Boys The Criminals Duping A Yoruba Woman / Police Parade Ikorodu Bank Robbers (PHOTOS) READ MORE: Http://www.naij.com/48028 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Rigging Tape Is Authentic — Police Minister Read More At: Ekiti Rigging T by jerryboiii(m): 5:06pm On Feb 09, 2015

Contrary to the blatant denial of former Minister of State for Defence, Musiliu Obanikoro, and the Governor of Ekiti State, Ayo Fayose, that they were involved in a meeting where strategies for rigging the 2014 Ekiti State governorship election were discussed, the Minister of Police Affairs, Jelili Adesiyan, who was also at the meeting, has admitted that the meeting actually took place.

A recording of the meeting, which also featured other top officials of the government and Aliyu Momoh, a Brigadier General, was leaked last week.

Mr. Adesiyan, however, said the conversation in the leaked tape was an altercation between Mr.

Fayose and Mr. Momoh after the former accused the later of being bribed by the then incumbent governor of the state, Kayode Fayemi. “Fayose accused the General who supervised the Ekiti election of taking bribe from Fayemi and APC, that was two days before the election.

They called me because they said the General disarmed policemen and I told him to allow the policemen to do their job,” he told the Sunday Punch newspaper.

“I was there, Fayose was there, Otunba Omisore was there, Senator Obanikoro was there. I am not denying that there was a conversation but it was not what they are saying. “Nigerians are not dummies. These people are mischievous; somebody recorded the scene but let everybody listen to it. Listen to it yourself and get back to me.”

Mr. Obanikoro had denied that he was part of any meeting to rig the election. “Whatever they are spreading within the social media, is something that APC made up. There is nowhere in the world you will find me talking about rigging an election anywhere in the country,” he said during an interview on Rhythm FM. When the leaked audio was played back for him during the programme, Mr. Obanikoro replied that the recording showed someone was complaining about the plan of the APC to rig the election.

SOURCE: http://www.nigerianmonitor.com/2015/02/09/ekiti-rigging-tape-is-authentic-police-minister/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Phone Fraud At Conputer Villaage, Ikeja / Suicide Bomber Kills Many In Postikum / Okada Rider Rapes Pregnant Corps Member In Ondo, Blames It On “spirit”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.