Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Poll Shift: One-million Youth March For Buhari In Cross River - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poll Shift: One-million Youth March For Buhari In Cross River (1312 Views)

Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift / Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes / Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poll Shift: One-million Youth March For Buhari In Cross River by Nobody: 10:56pm On Feb 09, 2015
The All Progressives Congress in Cross River has disclosed plans to embark on a One-Million Youth March in the state to reiterate support for the party’s presidential candidate, Maj.Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), despite the poll shift. The party condemned the postponement of the general elections earlier scheduled for February 14 and 28, saying it was obvious that the leadership of the PDP was afraid of impending defeat at the polls.

Speaking on behalf of the party after a crucial meeting on Sunday, the state APC Youth Leader, Mr. Effiom Otu, said the youth wing of the party would organise a one-million youth march in solidarity with the APC presidential candidate and other APC candidates to garner support for the party ahead of the elections. Otu also said the youths had endorsed a door-to-door campaign for the party, adding that the objective was to educate and sensitise the electorate in order for them to be convinced.

He said the campaign would ensure that all the 2,283 polling units in the state were aggressively covered in the exercise.
Otu said, “We will organise a one-million youth march in the state capital soon in solidarity with our presidential candidate, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) and other candidates to garner more support for the party ahead of the elections.

“We (the youths) have endorsed a door-to-door campaign for the party in the state. The objective is to ensure that those who hold suspicious view about the person and capacity of the party candidates for the election are educated and sensitised to jettison their held conviction.”
He castigated the Presidency for using insecurity as a reason for the polls shift, explaining that there was no strength in the argument advanced for the postponement. Otu said, “The Presidency was caught in another web of cajoling by feigning insecurity as the reason for the postponement because it could not convincingly pull through the issue of PVCs collection as initial reason for the shift.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=214212&cpage=1
Re: Poll Shift: One-million Youth March For Buhari In Cross River by disloman(m): 10:59pm On Feb 09, 2015
In whatever they r planning to do,they should shun violence oo.Sai Buhari
Re: Poll Shift: One-million Youth March For Buhari In Cross River by itzWarner(m): 11:00pm On Feb 09, 2015
Those youths no get work
And na who do had count for them?i1 million people where them do the marching,I guess its on the ocean or in the forest
Re: Poll Shift: One-million Youth March For Buhari In Cross River by BOWOTO(m): 1:22am On Feb 10, 2015
Let it not be said you did nothing for Nigeria when she needed you the most, stand up for change #march4buhari #march4change. God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Poll Shift: One-million Youth March For Buhari In Cross River by Nobody: 2:00am On Feb 10, 2015
Everything within my power and finance will be done to ensure maximum votes for the general from friends, family and at least my polling unit. I love Nigeria and will never stand and watch it crumble because of the greed of some selfish idiots.

I love country and I believe in the General to set things right!

I am marching for Buhari! I am marching to save the future of Nigeria. I employ every sane Nigerian to do same. The future starts now!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poll Shift: One-million Youth March For Buhari In Cross River by Phoshkrown: 2:10am On Feb 10, 2015
Na waaaasah o! Really, what else do you expect? NL.. is blocking so much info these days from people! Check my signature for the truth, take action!
Re: Poll Shift: One-million Youth March For Buhari In Cross River by jars9: 2:22am On Feb 10, 2015
No cross revarian go join this goat.
Re: Poll Shift: One-million Youth March For Buhari In Cross River by Nobody: 3:06am On Feb 10, 2015
Jobless youths
#yawns
Re: Poll Shift: One-million Youth March For Buhari In Cross River by Ikengawo: 3:14am On Feb 10, 2015
Maple:
The All Progressives Congress in Cross River has disclosed plans to embark on a One-Million Youth March in the state to reiterate support for the party’s presidential candidate, Maj.Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), despite the poll shift. The party condemned the postponement of the general elections earlier scheduled for February 14 and 28, saying it was obvious that the leadership of the PDP was afraid of impending defeat at the polls.

Speaking on behalf of the party after a crucial meeting on Sunday, the state APC Youth Leader, Mr. Effiom Otu, said the youth wing of the party would organise a one-million youth march in solidarity with the APC presidential candidate and other APC candidates to garner support for the party ahead of the elections. Otu also said the youths had endorsed a door-to-door campaign for the party, adding that the objective was to educate and sensitise the electorate in order for them to be convinced.

He said the campaign would ensure that all the 2,283 polling units in the state were aggressively covered in the exercise.
Otu said, “We will organise a one-million youth march in the state capital soon in solidarity with our presidential candidate, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) and other candidates to garner more support for the party ahead of the elections.

“We (the youths) have endorsed a door-to-door campaign for the party in the state. The objective is to ensure that those who hold suspicious view about the person and capacity of the party candidates for the election are educated and sensitised to jettison their held conviction.”
He castigated the Presidency for using insecurity as a reason for the polls shift, explaining that there was no strength in the argument advanced for the postponement. Otu said, “The Presidency was caught in another web of cajoling by feigning insecurity as the reason for the postponement because it could not convincingly pull through the issue of PVCs collection as initial reason for the shift.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=214212&cpage=1

Yoruba people are bastards. So it's on osun defender that people in cross rivers will read about it abi?

2 Likes

Re: Poll Shift: One-million Youth March For Buhari In Cross River by paulolee(m): 4:15am On Feb 10, 2015
nice concept from my APC fellaz BT u quys shud pls shun violence even if u ar rented or noT coz dose politician's children ar also youths bt I can bet dt dea CNT partake in d marchinq.... even if it amounts dem marchinq for diet dad to win dea still won't
M not a fan of politics n violence n can't partake in marchinq.....maybe if laqos youths ar marchinq n dt fine n yellow buhari dauqhter texed mi personally DT she wud also b amonq marchinq youths, den tinz wud reali CHANGE n nobodi cant stop dt CHANGE not even amaka....
Re: Poll Shift: One-million Youth March For Buhari In Cross River by paulolee(m): 4:16am On Feb 10, 2015
nice concept from my APC fellaz BT u quys shud pls shun violence even if u ar rented or noT coz dose politician's children ar also youths bt I can bet dt dea CNT partake in d marchinq.... even if it amounts dem marchinq for dier fad to win dier respective sits dea still won't n dier dad won't convince dem either....
M not a fan of politics, election violence n protests n can't partake in any marchinq.....maybe if laqos youths ar marchinq n dt fine n yellow buhari dauqhter texed mi personally DT she wud also b amonq marchinq youths, den tinz wud reali CHANGE n nobodi cant stop dt CHANGE not even amaka....
*****still sippin d almost finished orijin******
Re: Poll Shift: One-million Youth March For Buhari In Cross River by Nobody: 4:39am On Feb 10, 2015
Ikengawo:

Yoruba people are bastards. So it's on osun defender that people in cross rivers will read about it abi?
the way you ibos insult yorubas on the internet is not what pains me but the way the few good ibos overlook the wicked act and not condemn it. They just don't know that they will be the ones to bear the brunt of it all when the problem starts.

1 Like

Re: Poll Shift: One-million Youth March For Buhari In Cross River by Nobody: 4:43am On Feb 10, 2015
paulolee:
nice concept from my APC fellaz BT u quys shud pls shun violence even if u ar rented or noT coz dose politician's children ar also youths bt I can bet dt dea CNT partake in d marchinq.... even if it amounts dem marchinq for dier fad to win dier respective sits dea still won't n dier dad won't convince dem either....
M not a fan of politics, election violence n protests n can't partake in any marchinq.....maybe if laqos youths ar marchinq n dt fine n yellow buhari dauqhter texed mi personally DT she wud also b amonq marchinq youths, den tinz wud reali CHANGE n nobodi cant stop dt CHANGE not even amaka....
*****still sippin d almost finished orijin******
it's not a violence march but a subtle campaign to retain the love buhari's presidential campaign got, cos PDP's poll shift tactics is meant to dampen the achievement the general pulled. Such will be done in all 36 states.

1 Like

Re: Poll Shift: One-million Youth March For Buhari In Cross River by Nobody: 4:46am On Feb 10, 2015
If care is not taken, this might degenerate into something else. The PDP might decide to attack or one chance too many, serious fight might breakout.
Re: Poll Shift: One-million Youth March For Buhari In Cross River by owobokiri(m): 4:54am On Feb 10, 2015
Haba! APC!? 1 million in Calabar? APC forging numbers since the days of Mary Slessor.

1 Like

Re: Poll Shift: One-million Youth March For Buhari In Cross River by Ekawu(m): 6:30am On Feb 10, 2015
jars9:
No cross revarian go join this goat.
speak for yourself bro, i'm a Cross Riverien and am in for this

1 Like

Re: Poll Shift: One-million Youth March For Buhari In Cross River by Nobody: 7:00am On Feb 10, 2015
jayfolarin:
Everything within my power and finance will be done to ensure maximum votes for the general from friends, family and at least my polling unit. I love Nigeria and will never stand and watch it crumble because of the greed of some selfish idiots.

I am marching for Buhari! I am marching to save the future of Nigeria. I employ every sane Nigerian to do same. The future starts now!
How much you get? undecided
jayfolarin:

How much you get? Moreover Na only ur vote u go dey sure of o bros
Re: Poll Shift: One-million Youth March For Buhari In Cross River by jars9: 7:17am On Feb 10, 2015
You be person?you be human being?only people like you with twisted mind would go.

Ekawu:
speak for yourself bro, i'm a Cross Riverien and am in for this

(1) (Reply)

State Of Obio-akpor International Market Road (SARS AREA) Rivers State / Election Result In Bauchi And Sokoto / Buhari Wins Benue!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.