Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,199 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Where Is God When Everything Hurts? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is God When Everything Hurts? (389 Views)

Where Was God When He Created Heavens And Earth / What Are The Questions You Will Ask God When You Get To Heaven? / Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Is God When Everything Hurts? by maurekan: 8:15am On Feb 10, 2015
God can realize in a moment, what you tried to do in years.

You might be going through debt, payments arrears, educational struggles, troubles in your relationships...
It might have endured for a long time but I have good news for you:

'God can solve your problems in a moment,
God can heal your long lasting issues at a higher speed,
He can.'

The reason why God is not involved into solving your long lasting issues, is because you don't invite Him to do so.
God will never force His way into anybody's life. He does not force Himself into your life, He knocks at the door (Revelation 3:20). We do not serve or pray to a God who forces himself like a burglar or a rapist. Our God is a gentleman. He will only enter when you decide to open the door.

God also said :'If you call me, I will show you great plans (Jeremiah 33:3). He did not say :' I will just get involved in your life'.

He is interested in getting involved in your life, but He wants to do it only after being invited. In Luke 9:52, the disciples were sent to announce the arrival of Jesus in a Samaritan village, but the inhabitants of the village refused to welcome Jesus. So the disciples asked Jesus to burn the village. In response to their requests, Jesus rebuked his disciples and told them that He came to save and not to destroy. They just walked away from the village.

Even that short anecdote explains how God operates; He comes when invited.

A lot of people get frustrated with the misery in their lives and in the world, they wonder and ask the 1 million bucks question: 'Where is God when it hurts? Where is God when everything seems to fall?'

God is always around, He just don't want to get involved into your personal business without being invited.It's only when you will call on Him, when you will invite Him and His word, that He will get involved.

He is a gentleman. He is not a rude boy like Satan.

Imagine a man or a woman who seems to show some unwanted affection towards you.That person might be sending you flowers, chocolates, cards and gifts...things that you never asked for. Would you not see it as a creepy kind of thing?

Most people would feel 'creepy' and sense the presence of a stalker. And God does not want to look creepy. He is love and true love does not force itself unto people. True love enters through consent.

This is my message to you:

'Invite God in your issues , whether it's joblessness, debt, a dream, your family...He will get involved when your consent will allow Him to do so.
He will speak to you, (I know, He speaks to me every day).
He will tell you what to do in your situation. Just call Him.
Whether you are at work, at your house,
Just open the door, He is Knocking.

If you wish to subscribe to my newsletter, visit my website and submit your email adress at www.mauricekande.com

2 Likes

Re: Where Is God When Everything Hurts? by channelz: 8:55am On Feb 10, 2015
In other words:
First Ask, Seek or Knock.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Have A Testimony / How Can A Christian Recognises The Voice Of God From The Voice Of Satan / 10 Mistakes People Make With Truth (plus1 Bonus)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.