Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,594 members, 7,823,581 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

PETITION To CAF On Ghana - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / PETITION To CAF On Ghana (1268 Views)

Atletico Madrid Vs Barcelona On Ghana Tv / Mikel, Iheanacho, Musa Make CAF Player Of The Year Shortlist / Caf U23 Championship Qualifier :Nigeria 0 Vs Congo 0 (Live) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PETITION To CAF On Ghana by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 10, 2015
All nations cup in the 1960s (Ghana won 2, 1963 and 1965) should be disvalued and discredited because it was too premature and inferior/substandard to be counted as AFCON. Only 6 countries partook in them and it was deficient and no different from a principal's cup.

They have been inappropriately regarded as AFCON for too long, but in applause to the standard of the game they should be officially discredited/devalued with immediate effect. The implication of this is that Ghana, Egypt e.t.c who won the competitions lose the title holder's right as it will be regarded that they did not win AFCON. It could be termed PRE-AFCON or PRE-CAN or even a more appropriate term; PRINCIPAL's CUP grin

Case study: Ghana won 2 PRE-AFCONs in 1963 and 1965. 6 teams played in the competition and Ghana played only 3 games. They should not hold the same GOLD certificate Nigeria and others hold winning the mature tournament.

Conclusion: All early afcons (Principal's cups) played with less a total than 8 teams in competition should be:

1. Discredited
2. Have the Gold certificates withdrawn and changed to PRE-AFCON or PRINCIPAL's cup
3. Withdraw right to Associate trophy with the name AFCON.
4. Kept in the history archives with the name PRE-AFCON or PRINCIPAL's cup

As a result of this, Ghana have only won the AFCON only 2 times an have appeared in only 7 cup finals. grin

Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: PETITION To CAF On Ghana by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 10, 2015
LIKE this post (if you are in support) to sign the petition. grin

6 Likes

Re: PETITION To CAF On Ghana by RoyalPearl(f): 3:45pm On Feb 10, 2015
Why are you so childish
Re: PETITION To CAF On Ghana by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 10, 2015
RoyalPearl:
Why are you so childish

Why are you so elderly? tongue

1 Like

Re: PETITION To CAF On Ghana by Dessyguy(m): 4:06pm On Feb 10, 2015
This does not make sense.Whent the first ever world cup was played,was it 32 teams?
Re: PETITION To CAF On Ghana by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 10, 2015
Dessyguy:
This does not make sense.Whent the first ever world cup was played,was it 32 teams?

Here read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Cup#World_Cups_before_World_War_II

Quote: In 1914, FIFA agreed to recognise the Olympic tournament as a "world football championship for amateurs

World cup existed long before 1930. But were regarded as amateur because they did not have the proper format. The good format began with 1930. But in Africa we still have not discredited the amateur format. The good format began in 1968 with 8 teams participating and 16 matches played.
Re: PETITION To CAF On Ghana by mikron(m): 12:21am On Feb 11, 2015
Generals02:
All nations cup in the 1960s (Ghana won 2, 1963 and 1965) should be disvalued and discredited because it was too premature and inferior/substandard to be counted as AFCON. Only 6 countries partook in them and it was deficient and no different from a principal's cup.

They have been inappropriately regarded as AFCON for too long, but in applause to the standard of the game they should be officially discredited/devalued with immediate effect. The implication of this is that Ghana, Egypt e.t.c who won the competitions lose the title holder's right as it will be regarded that they did not win AFCON. It could be termed PRE-AFCON or PRE-CAN or even a more appropriate term; PRINCIPAL's CUP grin

Case study: Ghana won 2 PRE-AFCONs in 1963 and 1965. 6 teams played in the competition and Ghana played only 3 games. They should not hold the same GOLD certificate Nigeria and others hold winning the mature tournament.

Conclusion: All early afcons (Principal's cups) played with less a total than 8 teams in competition should be:

1. Discredited
2. Have the Gold certificates withdrawn and changed to PRE-AFCON or PRINCIPAL's cup
3. Withdraw right to Associate trophy with the name AFCON.
4. Kept in the history archives with the name PRE-AFCON or PRINCIPAL's cup

As a result of this, Ghana have only won the AFCON only 2 times an have appeared in only 7 cup finals. grin

Thank you.
my brother i could not have said it better than you. true talk bro. no mind the loud mouths
Re: PETITION To CAF On Ghana by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 11, 2015
mikron:
my brother i could not have said it better than you. true talk bro. no mind the loud mouths

Na so
Re: PETITION To CAF On Ghana by Icon4s(m): 3:46pm On Feb 11, 2015
Abeg make una leave this Ghana people. Make una no make dem feel too relevant. grin
Re: PETITION To CAF On Ghana by femi4: 3:48pm On Feb 11, 2015
Generals02:

Here read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Cup#World_Cups_before_World_War_II

Quote: In 1914, FIFA agreed to recognise the Olympic tournament as a "world football championship for amateurs

World cup existed long before 1930. But were regarded as amateur because they did not have the proper format. The good format began with 1930. But in Africa we still have not discredited the amateur format. The good format began in 1968 with 8 teams participating and 16 matches played.
Try and be wise, as at 1930 when it was known as the World cup, were there 32 teams ?
Re: PETITION To CAF On Ghana by joxxy01(m): 5:26pm On Feb 11, 2015
for goodness sake, what is the meaning of black stars Re stars in ghana black?
Re: PETITION To CAF On Ghana by iamord(m): 9:38pm On Feb 11, 2015
RoyalPearl:
Why are you so childish
I mean!! you'll know its a big toddler behind that monicker

3 Likes

Re: PETITION To CAF On Ghana by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 12, 2015
iamord:
I mean!! you'll know its a big toddler behind that monicker

Leave my Ghanaian wife alone. Only her and I know the behind-the-curtain imbroglio that necessitated the word "childish". You can't understand. grin
Re: PETITION To CAF On Ghana by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 12, 2015
femi4:
Try and be wise, as at 1930 when it was known as the World cup, were there 32 teams ?

What part of English language do you not understand or shall I read it to you in nursery rhymes?

Ok repeat after me:

1. World cup games began as early as 1900 with an amateur format
2. The proper format began in 1930 with 13 nations, now 32 nations.
3. All competition prior to 1930 were devalued, and kept/regarded in history archives as amateur.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Cup

In Africa,
1. African cup games began as early as 1957 with an amateur format.
2.The proper format began in 1968 with 8 teams, now 16.
3. Do you get it now or you still need more nursery rhymes?
Re: PETITION To CAF On Ghana by femi4: 11:38am On Feb 12, 2015
Generals02:

What part of English language do you not understand or shall I read it to you in nursery rhymes?

Ok repeat after me:

1. World cup games Demonstration sports "with no medal awarded" began as early as 1900 with an amateur format
Fifa was founded in 1904, World cup couldn't have existed before Fifa

2. The proper format began in 1930 with 13 nations, now 32 nations.

3. All competition prior to 1930 were [s]devalued, and kept/regarded in history archives as amateur[/s] non World cup.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Cup

In Africa,
1. African cup games began as early as 1957. with an amateur format CAF was founded on the 8th of Feb 1957, Hence 1957 competition hosted by Sudan from 10th -16th of feb 1957 shouldn't be regarded as amateur.

2.[s]The proper format began in 1968 with 8 teams, now 16[/s].
3. Do you get it now or you still need more nursery rhymes?
Use your brain this time, you ll understand

(1) (Reply)

Gareth Bale Outshines Messi,ronaldo,to Become World Best / If You Don't Play First Division You Can't Play For Super Eagles Anymore - Olise / AM Here To Help. 3/3 GURU. Its Free.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.