Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,107 members, 7,825,499 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Advice Needed On Being A Chief Bridesmaid - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Advice Needed On Being A Chief Bridesmaid (4415 Views)

Pregnant Lady Plays The Role Of A Bridesmaid With Her Huge Baby Bump (Photos) / 15 Common Bridesmaid Problems / A Bride & Her Bridesmaid Wear Bathing Suit For Her Bridal Shower (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed On Being A Chief Bridesmaid by Sugarpeaches(f): 3:54pm On Feb 10, 2015
Hello everyone! I guess I'm posting this in the right section but if not, please still give ya advice. So my first cousin's wedding is a month away ,and I got to know yesterday that I'm gonna be her chief bridesmaid. I won't lie, I'm scared cos I'm naturally introverted and I'm scared of crowds and places that bubble. Now I have to be out there, you know, all eyes on the couple and bridal train. Please are there any tips I can get on how to act on that day? It's my first time, I don't wanna do somtin unusual. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On Being A Chief Bridesmaid by vickilafab(f): 1:42am On Feb 12, 2015
Don't worry, you'll be fine. Just relax..
To help u, just keep telling urself dat d couple is d main focus of d day n u r special to b chosen as d maid of honour amongst many oda ladies..
how to act: nothing special, just b urself n smile at d cameras to show ur true joy for d couple.. help ur cousin wt her purse, fan, bouquet(when u notice she needs to free her hands) n any oda item as need be. watch out for her at all times- dats just d summary.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On Being A Chief Bridesmaid by Sugarpeaches(f): 10:19am On Feb 12, 2015
vickilafab:
Don't worry, you'll be fine. Just relax..
To help u, just keep telling urself dat d couple is d main focus of d day n u r special to b chosen as d maid of honour amongst many oda ladies..
how to act: nothing special, just b urself n smile at d cameras to show ur true joy for d couple.. help ur cousin wt her purse, fan, bouquet(when u notice she needs to free her hands) n any oda item as need be. watch out for her at all times- dats just d summary.

Thank u very much
Re: Advice Needed On Being A Chief Bridesmaid by LaHeiress(f): 10:19pm On Feb 13, 2015
DUTIES OF THE MAID OF HONOUR ON THE WEDDING DAY.

My definition of 'maid of honour' or 'Chief Bridesmaid' is
"MAID" of Honour and Chief Brides'MAID' Emphasis on the maid. Incase you didn't know, you are supposed to be the bride's MAID for the day. I see a lot of people choose their bestfriends for this role but it is also important to choose someone who you think can perform the duties of a maid of honour ON the wedding day.

1. ACT AS THE POINT PERSON. No wedding planner? No problem. The maid of honor should give out her phone number to all of the key vendors and family members in advance so she can help field any questions for the bride and keep everyone on track.

2. FEED THE BRIDE (okay, not literally). The morning of the wedding can be a fast and frantic experience and some brides simply forget to eat. And let's be honest, no one likes a cranky bridezilla.

3. BE ON DRUNK PATROL. IF your bride plans on enjoying some bubbly with the girls, it's your duty to try and keep the bride and bridesmaids to a one to two glass max.

4. HELP HER GET DRESSED. Getting a nervous woman into possibly the most expensive, elaborate dress she'll wear in her life is no small task. You'll want to be certain everything is laid out in advance, from undergarments to shoes to jewelry. There will be a lot of lifting and rearranging involved.

5. BE AT HER BECK AND CALL. While your bride sits for hours getting gorgeous, she'll need your help fetching things, dealing with her phone and generally calming her nerves the whole time.

6. ACT AS A GATEKEEPER. If there are family members or friends that are known to seriously stress out the bride, it's your job to keep them away from her, as best you can.
              If by all means, you want your bestfriend to be your maid of honour for your big day, you can send her to La' Heiress one day training school, where she would learn all about her duties as a maid of honour.

LA' HEIRESS HOSPITALITY SERVICES
Olamide~ The Heiress

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed On Being A Chief Bridesmaid by vickilafab(f): 12:53am On Feb 18, 2015
Sugarpeaches:

Thank u very much
u r welcome smiley
Re: Advice Needed On Being A Chief Bridesmaid by ersparkle(f): 12:30pm On Feb 19, 2015
@Laheiress very true.Dear bride'smaid 2 be,it's very true 2 no ur duties, if not d purpose of dt role might b abused as most BM only want 2 b noticed n sometimes they compete with d bride(d owner of d day).

More importantly, u nid 2 dress up "Simple but Tight", a short dress wt balanced heels feels more comfortable for a BM than a flowing dress n pencil heels, for u 2 perform ur duties effectively with ease.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed On Being A Chief Bridesmaid by dbestuncle: 2:57pm On Mar 23, 2015
Sugarpeaches:
Hello everyone! I guess I'm posting this in the right section but if not, please still give ya advice. So my first cousin's wedding is a month away ,and I got to know yesterday that I'm gonna be her chief bridesmaid. I won't lie, I'm scared cos I'm naturally introverted and I'm scared of crowds and places that bubble. Now I have to be out there, you know, all eyes on the couple and bridal train. Please are there any tips I can get on how to act on that day? It's my first time, I don't wanna do somtin unusual. Thanks.

SO, [size=8pt][/size]u did the Bridesmaid n didnt deem it important to send nairalanders some cake n a thank u hug especially tom those wu gave u wonderful advice
Re: Advice Needed On Being A Chief Bridesmaid by Sugarpeaches(f): 4:35pm On Mar 23, 2015
dbestuncle:

SO, [size=8pt][/size]u did the Bridesmaid n didnt deem it important to send nairalanders some cake n a thank u hug especially tom those wu gave u wonderful advice

Nope wedding is on the 18th of April.
Re: Advice Needed On Being A Chief Bridesmaid by MockinJay(m): 10:57am On Apr 01, 2015
I need you to listen to me very carefully Sugarpeaches. Panic!..Yes, panic! Pay no attention to details concerning the bride. Let your mind race..take rapid short breaths. Be scared..turn purple and sweat it out!

Just kidding, you will be fine grin grin grin grin

It's not actually a big deal. The main focus of the day will be the Bride and Groom. Everyone would be busy taking pictures of them, waiting for a fall, waiting for their first kiss, First dance, First on-stage romance. All you have to do is: fan her, help with her gown(esp the walk-in and dancing stage), clean her face in sight of sweat or makeup running down, run some errands for her and sit by her side.

Oh my God! Why do I know all these?! *runs away*
Re: Advice Needed On Being A Chief Bridesmaid by Sugarpeaches(f): 2:34pm On Apr 01, 2015
MockinJay:
I need you to listen to me very carefully Sugarpeaches. Panic!..Yes, panic! Pay no attention to details concerning the bride. Let your mind race..take rapid short breaths. Be scared..turn purple and sweat it out!

Just kidding, you will be fine grin grin grin grin

It's not actually a big deal. The main focus of the day will be the Bride and Groom. Everyone would be busy taking pictures of them, waiting for a fall, waiting for their first kiss, First dance, First on-stage romance. All you have to do is: fan her, help with her gown(esp the walk-in and dancing stage), clean her face in sight of sweat or makeup running down, run some errands for her and sit by her side.

Oh my God! Why do I know all these?! *runs away*

Lol! Tanx a million!

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On Being A Chief Bridesmaid by Sugarpeaches(f): 11:07pm On Apr 18, 2015
Wanna say a big thank you to all of you who gave me tips on how to do my bridesmaid duties, it was a beautiful wedding and a great experience for me. But I've got no pictures now as I wasn't with my fone till after the wedding. Once again Thank you all!
Re: Advice Needed On Being A Chief Bridesmaid by flo13: 1:46pm On Apr 20, 2015
For any event whatsoever, ranging from corporate events(book launch, AGM, etc) weddings, couple's showers, bridal showers,baby showers to diaper showers, Naming Ceremonies, house warming, Graduation/Convocation and Church/Mosque events,Birthdays etc- Flo' Konsult is what you need. All you have to do is paint a picture and we'd bring it to life.
We provide Catering services,rental services, Small chops,Cakes,Chapman,asun, decoration, MC, DJ, Security, classy ushers, wedding gowns, bridal train wears, grooms' suit, bouquet, flex,customised website for couple, etc. We package events in a unique way,bringing your dream event alive and memorable. Contact us on 2B2E5CB3 or call 08035733235,08071968251.

Re: Advice Needed On Being A Chief Bridesmaid by Superbanke: 1:31am On May 20, 2022
Funny how the duties of a chief brides maid is more than that of a brides maid. Latest ways now, chief bridesmaid dont hv to stree, i heard you can have a bridal assistant, wowu
Bridesmaid and cheif brides maid duties

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9Hq9X1izZ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3a1h7aQAW0

(1) (Reply)

Small Chops Promo! with Free Chapman and Cocktail drinks!!! / OCI Foundation Beats 4 Others In Finalist, Grabs Emerging NFP Award In Australia / Central Bank (cbn) Shifts Deadline For Bank Account Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.