Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,460 members, 7,861,330 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:57 AM

Full Text Of Goodluck And Patience Jonathan's Campaign In Yenogoa (bayelsa) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Full Text Of Goodluck And Patience Jonathan's Campaign In Yenogoa (bayelsa) (597 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan And Patience Meet With Atiku At Abuja Airport. See Photos / Thumb-printing Of Ballot Papers Going On At Hoil Suite In Yenogoa - Leadership / Jonathan And Patience On The Page Of A Kenyan Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Full Text Of Goodluck And Patience Jonathan's Campaign In Yenogoa (bayelsa) by Sanchez01: 4:26pm On Feb 10, 2015
This is perhaps the funniest campaign of President Goodluck Jonathan, after the 'Jim Nwobodo stole' saga. The President rounded off his campaign in his state but met with disappointment as he wasn't motivated to talk longer like he is used to. Below is a full text of the President and his wife in Yenogoa, the state capital of Bayelsa.

Please note that some of the misspellings in the text is as a result of the way those involved pronounced the words...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIn-H8XRBfU

Patience Jonathan:"...Who has ruled before (probably referring to Gen. Buhari), for donkey years, is looking for Villa again. The new generation should take over Villa, not old analogue. Is not meant for us. So we're using this opportunity to tell the whole worlds, that when you leave Villa, leave Villa forever. And leave it for the new generation. Don't look back! That thing you're looking for Villa, take it to the time you were there. Don't come back there again! The young shall grow!! The youths shall grow!!! Is ya day... So Bayelsans, once more I thank you. The train has move. The train has reach. The train is ya train. So ride the train as much as you can. Thank you and God bless you.

Goodluck Jonathan: "PDP! (The crowd chorused 'power!')... Ashawana! Ashawana!! Ashawana!!! (The atmosphere was obviously charged with the salutes and it was obvious the President managed to touch the right button on the people. There was an outpour almost immediately). [/i]The rains are showers of blessing... They are showers of blessing. [i](The president observed and greeted almost every dignitary around as he turns to see them before mentioning their names and offices...) ... And then (he continued), let me recognize the person I call my boss, D.S. Alamieyeseigha (the crowd and those beside the president let out shouts as they honour the president's 'boss').

"Alamieyeseigha is my personal boss (the president continued), and permanent boss. He brought me into politics. (the president continued in recognizing some other politicians who were also with him on the podium).

"My National Chairman said before and my wife mentioned, we're not here in Bayelsa State to campaign, because we have no reason to campaign. I'm here personally to thank my brothers and sisters, and especially my children (pointing randomly to the frenzied crowd) from Bayelsa State (it was obvious some section of the crowd were displeased for something the president said as they could be heard shouting 'No! No!! No!!! However, the president seemed undettered by their shouts).

"I contested with Alamieyeseigha in 1999, and you voted for us when Alamieyeseigha became the Governor and I became the Deputy Governor for 1999 elections.

"98/99 (the president corrected himself quickly). Then again, I ran with Alamieyeseigha as his erhm... Deputy Governor candidate in 2003 and you voted for us massively. Again in 2007, I ran as the running mate to the late President, Yar'Adua, and you voted for us. We got 100% of the votes of Bayelsa State.

"2011, I contested with the Vice President (turning left and right to locate the VP who was all this while standing on the right hand of the President), Namadi Sambo, as my running mate and you voted for us.

"So we are here to thank you... We have done a number of things, which I wouldn't want to bore you. But let me reassure my children, especially the younger generation of Bayelsans, that we'll even do more and we'll make sure that everybody, in one way or the other, taste the fruits of democracy (background shouts of 'no, no' continues)."

"I know you love me, you like me and I love you, I like you (with this, the cries of 'no' had gained more support as it was obvious others have joined in the chant while the President pauses for a while, salutes someone on his right with his staff raised and continues...)"

"Let me use this opportunity to make it very clear that for me to work very hard than ever before, I am working with the Governor of the state, and you must make sure that you support... (shouts of 'no' rents the air again but this time, it was louder than before) ... to make sure... (the President tries to pick up from where he stopped as the handwriting of shock and displeasure was clearly written on his face) ... to make sure that those who don't like the Governor don't like me... (the shouts have obviously gained momentum but the President was not willing to stop his speech, not for the crowd) ...Because I'm hearing stories some people are coming to spoil your mind (the president is seen saying this while his staff is pointed to the crowd in an authoritative way) ... some people are coming to spoil your mind (he continues). If you don't like leadership we put in place then you don't like me... (pointing his staff and his hand at the crowd simultaneously).

"So... don't allow people to spoil your mind, you young people (the shouts subsides). I've noticed that some people here, infact, 0.0% of you have been infiltrated by those who don't like us (pauses). Few of you have been infiltrated by those who don't like us, and I'm telling you that you must work with the Governor of this state (again, the 'no' chants fill the air)... You have to work with the Governor of this state[i] (shouts continue)[/i].

"For you to benefit from us... We're together, we work together, to bring dividends of democracy to this state... And don't allow anybody to deceive you... (pointing his staff at the crowd again)... don't allow anybody to deceive you (he reiterates as the crowd continue in their 'no' campaign). I am telling you, as your father. I am telling you as your uncle. I am telling you as your elder brother (pauses). And we must work with the government to make sure that we develop this state... You have to work with us to make sure that we develop this state. PDP! PDP!! PDP!!!
Source: Me, the video above and me
Re: Full Text Of Goodluck And Patience Jonathan's Campaign In Yenogoa (bayelsa) by Sanchez01: 4:39pm On Feb 10, 2015
"So... don't allow people to spoil your mind, you young people (the shouts subsides). I've noticed that some people here, infact, 0.0% of you have been infiltrated by those who don't like us (pauses).
Jonathan is a very funny fellow. grin

(1) (Reply)

B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G: Lawyer Sues INEC Over Postponement Of Elections / Cholera Has Killed Thrice More People In Bayelsa State Than Ebola In Nigeria / Army Promise Deployment Of Troops To Rivers During Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.