Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

I Won’t Go On Terminal Leave – Jega - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Go On Terminal Leave – Jega (31875 Views)

Patience Jonathan Won’t Go Scot-free – EFCC / Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators / INEC Denies Jega's Terminal Leave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Won’t Go On Terminal Leave – Jega by WOCKHARDI(m): 8:29am On Feb 11, 2015
And if your employer orders you to proceed on terminal leave nko. You will disobey?
From all the allegations in the news, you are biased and compromised and any elections conducted by you from now on will not be adjudged free and fair BY ME.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Go On Terminal Leave – Jega by dallyemmy: 8:38am On Feb 11, 2015
Similar to what happened to HRH Sanusi
Re: I Won’t Go On Terminal Leave – Jega by tee4naija(m): 8:43am On Feb 11, 2015
adenuga33:
APC kept screaming "Change!!! Change!!! Change!!!", then
INEC got the message wrong and CHANGED the election
date #LifeIsConfusinfWithAPC #VoteGEJTill2019
It was ur GEJ and PDP that demanded for a change in the election date despite the stance of the council of state and most Nigerians.
Re: I Won’t Go On Terminal Leave – Jega by Faraidi(m): 8:55am On Feb 11, 2015
tunwumi:
The Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Prof. Attahiru Jega, has said he does not have any plan to embark on terminal leave.

This was contrary to unsubstantiated report that Jega would proceed on a forced terminal leave on March 1.

But Jega’s Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Kayode Idowu, denied this saying his boss was busy preparing for the conduct of the elections.

He said, “Jega is busy preparing for the elections and you are asking about terminal leave. Does anyone planning to conduct elections go on terminal leave? There is nothing like that.”

Idowu had in an interview on a TV programme monitored in Lagos, on Tuesday, said Jega’s appointment was not guided by civil service rules and would serve until the end of his tenure on June 30.

He said the postponement of the elections would make INEC better prepared for the elections scheduled for March 28 and April 11.

Idowu also denied the report that Jega had resigned his appointment due to pressure from the Presidency.

Idowu said, “No, that’s (resignation) is not true, he has not resigned. He didn’t resign. It is a mere rumour.”

Similarly, the minority leader of the House of Representatives, Mr. Femi Gbajabiamila, said Jega could not be asked to go on a terminal leave because he was not a civil servant.

He said, “I do not consider the Chairman of INEC as a civil servant subject to civil service rules the same way I, as a member of the House of Representatives, is not a civil servant. There is a difference between a civil servant and a public servant or officer. Jega falls under the latter.”

However, it was learnt that by norm, political appointees had at several times in the past been ordered to go on terminal leave even though they were not civil servants.

The provisions of Public Service Rules 100238 states that officers are required to give three months notice of their retirement from service terminating on the effective date of their retirement. This means Jega might be forced to proceed on terminal leave before the elections.

For instance, the tenure of Jega’s predecessor, Prof Maurice Iwu, was due to expire on June 13, 2010 but on April 28, 2010, President Goodluck Jonathan, ordered Iwu to proceed on terminal leave.

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-wont-go-on-terminal-leave-jega/
jega is joking,he must go that is what the Civil service rule said,he and his criminal APC supporters should go and ask Maurice Iwu,Lamido Sanusi and others.
Re: I Won’t Go On Terminal Leave – Jega by Mosh1: 8:59am On Feb 11, 2015
These ppl are funny,they will all shout "Amen" when a Pastor pray for them at the Church even when they did not deserve the prayer(they want change in their life) but God want to give Nigeria "Change" free of charge,they don`t want.There must be change in Nigeria with or without you........hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Go On Terminal Leave – Jega by omolami: 8:59am On Feb 11, 2015
it was obasanjo that ordered Prof Iwu on terminal leave not Gej. As for Jegas refusal, when we get to d bridge it shall be crossed. Lamido Sanusi did more but still left. This is matter of law and not witchunting by anyone
Re: I Won’t Go On Terminal Leave – Jega by donJ2(m): 9:04am On Feb 11, 2015
ilugunboy:
To PDP...as long as Jega is neutral....he is working for APC. grin grin

The PDP hegemony is about to crumble... grin

Is jega neutral All southern states hav abt 45-50 % of pvc collection while d north has abt 80-90% pvc collection and hez screaming that inec is ready for d election.

When u systematically disenfranchise a particular sect, what is it call....professional rigging.

So my brother jega jst shot himself on d leg...I wz supporting him untill I saw these statistics and heard scream 'inec is ready'

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Go On Terminal Leave – Jega by AJdDon: 9:06am On Feb 11, 2015
frainc:

Prof. IWU Was force out of office as INEC boss few weeks to the general election for jega to come in

So what is the noise now (shey b'cos him na from north?)

Someone was kicked out for jega to come in
And now jega too is about to tast from that same cake

Since u re oblivious of that scenario den, allow me to educate you on it.
Prof. Maurice Iwu embarked on leave 9 months to election when Jega came in, which is an ample time for any1 to conduct a credible election.
But in this case, less than a month to election is irrational to ask the electoral umpire to proceed on leave. The timing is too short to accomodate Change in leadership at INEC.
Re: I Won’t Go On Terminal Leave – Jega by Franchise21(m): 9:07am On Feb 11, 2015
Jega no go leave office until Buhari wins
Re: I Won’t Go On Terminal Leave – Jega by AJdDon: 9:08am On Feb 11, 2015
donJ2:

Is jega neutral All southern states hav abt 45-50 % of pvc collection while d north has abt 80-90% pvc collection and hez screaming that inec is ready for d election.

When u systematically disenfranchise a particular sect, what is it call....professional rigging.

So my brother jega jst shot himself on d leg...I wz supporting him untill I saw these statistics and heard scream 'inec is ready'

from where u take get ur figures?
Re: I Won’t Go On Terminal Leave – Jega by criminalmindz: 9:12am On Feb 11, 2015
*DANCING* JEGA YOU MUST MARCH, YOU MUST PACK YA LOAD GO .
Re: I Won’t Go On Terminal Leave – Jega by Xvenus(f): 9:23am On Feb 11, 2015
arsetalks:
Don't pretend you do not know that the south east is GEJ's major backer and if they want, they can stop this madness.

The south east ( no bigotry) has allowed it self to be blinded by unforgiveness and it is only going to have a very damning consequence on the whole nation.

Posterity won't forget/forgive us all.

You talk so blindly! The South East has a right to support who ever they like and will not be bullied into submission by all you who have not read your history books appropriately!

Has posterity forgiven the North for under developing Nigeria and killing thousands?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Go On Terminal Leave – Jega by piagetskinner(m): 9:24am On Feb 11, 2015
#Jega lost his credence, the moment he bowed to the whims and caprice of the PDP by postponing elections
Re: I Won’t Go On Terminal Leave – Jega by donJ2(m): 9:27am On Feb 11, 2015
anwo247:
With 90% collection of PVC in the north and 30% in the south and JEGA said he was ready for election shows he was not independent.

It is time for terminal leave like Prof IWU went for leave just few days before election to make way for you.

Abi you don forget so soon?

As for APC touts shouting CHANGE, this is the beginning of the change.

PDP are educated people and will do everything within the ambit of the law to win election. We no Sabi fight or do violent protest....we go leave una for the army to take do practice for bokoharam if una decide to do that burn burn things

Bros have u ever imagined if iwu wz still in charge and the north had 40% pvc collection and the south 80%.........

Apc youths wud hv long burnt down all inec offices and stuff like dat.

Iwu wz removed jst b4 d election, no one protested, now a northerner is abt facing d same fate, everyone is spewing trash...

....ps: haters before u quote m, be careful so dt u dnt incure my wrath.

Kapish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Go On Terminal Leave – Jega by donJ2(m): 9:34am On Feb 11, 2015
AJdDon:

from where u take get ur figures?

Its like u r not in nigeria, do u school in france too?

http://www.punchng.com/news/kano-kaduna-lagos-top-pvc-collection-list-inec/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Go On Terminal Leave – Jega by Shekemba(m): 9:41am On Feb 11, 2015
EOD
Re: I Won’t Go On Terminal Leave – Jega by arsetalks(m): 9:45am On Feb 11, 2015
Xvenus:

You talk so blindly! The South East has a right to support who ever they like and will not be bullied into submission by all you who have not read your history books appropriately!

Has posterity forgiven the North for under developing Nigeria and killing thousands?
Show me where I said the SE has no right to support whoever they want. Does having the right to support whoever they want eliminate the importance of advocating caution?

Why has GEJ not been cautioned even in the face of his excesses?
Re: I Won’t Go On Terminal Leave – Jega by donJ2(m): 9:46am On Feb 11, 2015
AJdDon:

Since u re oblivious of that scenario den, allow me to educate you on it.
Prof. Maurice Iwu embarked on leave 9 months to election when Jega came in, which is an ample time for any1 to conduct a credible election.
But in this case, less than a month to election is irrational to ask the electoral umpire to proceed on leave. The timing is too short to accomodate Change in leadership at INEC.

Bros if u r d president, u will fire a compromised election umpire 1 day to d election.
Re: I Won’t Go On Terminal Leave – Jega by ricsman(m): 9:47am On Feb 11, 2015
dunkem21:

Force am make him conduct elections na.

We don't want to vote again sef.

Na by force?
Lol Lol guys dey fear losing election ooooooo lol
Re: I Won’t Go On Terminal Leave – Jega by arsetalks(m): 9:49am On Feb 11, 2015
Tonylyte:

Oga shut up joor! Is GEJ a south-easterner? Why cant the north call him to order? Must u drag south-easterners into everything?
who was your history and or geography teacher? Need to have a word with him.
Re: I Won’t Go On Terminal Leave – Jega by Tonylyte(m): 9:51am On Feb 11, 2015
arsetalks:
who was your history and or geography teacher? Need to have a word with him.
What do i need to know?
Re: I Won’t Go On Terminal Leave – Jega by factbox(f): 9:56am On Feb 11, 2015
@Arsetslks and Alaoeri. D most intelligent guys in dis thread. Power of critical thinking.
Re: I Won’t Go On Terminal Leave – Jega by lyntiffany(f): 10:02am On Feb 11, 2015
dunkem21:

How can the SE stop this madness?

Pls throw more light on the emboldened.
That guy reason from his anus you don't need the light he has to throw cause he's got non.
Re: I Won’t Go On Terminal Leave – Jega by ikwubaba: 10:11am On Feb 11, 2015
Faraidi:
jega is joking,he must go that is what the Civil service rule said,he and his criminal APC supporters should go and ask Maurice Iwu,Lamido Sanusi and others.

Read the article again to understand. He is not covered by service rule. He is a public servant. Fact that SLS was forced out illegally doesn't mean it will happen without consequence again. Else, the thief will never be caught.
Re: I Won’t Go On Terminal Leave – Jega by adeA1(m): 10:13am On Feb 11, 2015
I jst knw PDPites stll ve one kinda axe to grind wit Jega. We re watching
Re: I Won’t Go On Terminal Leave – Jega by ikwubaba: 10:13am On Feb 11, 2015
donJ2:

Bros have u ever imagined if iwu wz still in charge and the north had 40% pvc collection and the south 80%.........

Apc youths wud hv long burnt down all inec offices and stuff like dat.

Iwu wz removed jst b4 d election, no one protested, now a northerner is abt facing d same fate, everyone is spewing trash...

....ps: haters before u quote m, be careful so dt u dnt incure my wrath.

Kapish

Before which election was Iwu removed?
Re: I Won’t Go On Terminal Leave – Jega by arsetalks(m): 10:24am On Feb 11, 2015
poiZon:

So make every body support buhari ryt?
_u be big fool o.........
na every nigerian dey support CHELSEA?
must you show the world how much of an iiddiot you are? Did I say everyone should support Buhari?

Is GEJ's divisive methods right for the health of the nation? Why has he not be cautioned by elders of the SE?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#DontDodgeTheDebate Trends As Nigerians Insist Buhari Must Debate / Photos From Former PDP Governors Forum Meeting In Abuja / Wike Dances As G5 Governors Arrive Oyo For Makinde's Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.