Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,744 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? (36455 Views)

The Ringing Of Coup Bells And A Cause For Deep Concern - FFK / Nnamdi Kanu Charged With Treasonable Felony By FG / Confusion: DSS Charges Nnamdi Kanu For Treasonable Felony. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by free2ryhme: 11:11am On Feb 11, 2015
hedonistic:

I guess you alone are the "majority" that has rejected Jonathan and accepted Buhari. Someone would just sit in his small room and decide what millions of people he has never met would do. So you have gone to Enugu or Benue or Taraba or even Ibadan to get the opinions of the "majority " in these places before arriving at your useless conclusion? You think Nigeria begins and ends in your small circle of like-minded family and friends? What a joker.

continue to live in denial.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by poiZon: 11:15am On Feb 11, 2015
koboko69:

mumu. sebi una talk say en stage managed the attack on him. Which kain confused people una be sef. even if u wear wool for eyes, at least u dey hear, if u deaf, u dey feel. Haba change is near.

@ op so warning about an impending danger with the way Badluck is toying with democracy is now a treasonable offence. I wonder the kind of education you people have, its your likes the have been shouting Buhari show your certificate, meanwhile you that think you a learned have nothing upstairs!

March4Buhari

PDPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE -POWER
POWER TO THE PEOPLE........ PDP
GOODLCK EBELE JONATHAN.................POWER
POWER PASS POWER............GOODLUCK.
GOODLUCK SEKEM
GOODLUCK SEKEM SEKEM

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 11, 2015
Obasanjo is a foolish animal. ......

GEJ TILL OBJ ACCEPT TO ANSWER A MONKEY. ....

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by jamace(m): 11:19am On Feb 11, 2015
Obasanjo set the pace for bad leadership, looting and corruption in Nigeria. He should stop making noise.
Here is Obj's dossier: https://www.nairaland.com/1580013/derivation-deprivation-ii-ill-gotten-wealth

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by Nobody: 11:19am On Feb 11, 2015
criminalmindz:
SHUT UP, WE HAVE FARMS IN RIVERS STATE. THE IKWERE'S MAKE GARRI. OR HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN ONE OF THE MISTAKE OF MALTHUSIAN POPULATION THEORY , WHERE HE FORGOT TO REALIZE THAT IN THE CASE OF SCARCITY THAT FOOD CAN BE MOVED FROM ONE GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION TO ANOTHER.

Master teenager i know u cant think above ur level. U mean ikwere garri alone can feed the whole of Niger Delta?. or u think is ikwere garri that made ASARI DOKUBO to be obese?

Dont forget oil is no longer a new thing, many states now have untapped oil reserves, some communities that have oil reserves r begging govt and oil companies to start drilling it cos it is useless to them if they cant benefit from it.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by tuniski: 11:21am On Feb 11, 2015
afbstrategies:
I admire those who have the gut to speak their minds at all time and this is good for our democracy. Anyone who think that some of these retired military officers who fought for and bled for Nigera will fold their arms and watch our country disintegrate is delusional. It was Danjuma, now OBJ and the list will keep growing until our service chiefs know that they cannot play with the future of our beloved people and country.
Some are talking coup as if a revolutionist coupist will spare any of them! Abegi GEJ carry go with transformation we are wiser anywhere OBJ stands we must stand against it to be free citizens!
Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by free2ryhme: 11:22am On Feb 11, 2015
100Cents:

Topic : Obasanjo warns of Coup . How is the topic Jonathan related ?

Do you need eyeglasses ?

Focus on Jonathan

We know OBJ is factual about his opinion
Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by poiZon: 11:24am On Feb 11, 2015
IF u put a thief in a house n he sees money but cant steal it, abeg what will be his next option? no be to pack comot go whr him fit steal?
imagine people like obasanjo, tinubu, saraki, atiku, amaechi, n other petty thieves sayng them no wan thief again. abeg can a THIEF stop STEALING?
CAN BUHARI STOP BEING A DICTATOR?
CAN ATIK STOP BEING A THIEF?
CAN AMAECHI STOP STEALING?
CAN OBASANJO STOP STEALING?
CAN BUKOLA SARAKI STOP STEALING?
CAN TINUBU STOP STEALING?
CAN ALL THESE FRUSTRATED THIEVES BE WHAT THEY PREACH?
Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:25am On Feb 11, 2015
Akpan107:
Hmmm... Very funny!

Look, Buhari will never rule this country.

Some poeple thought they can use Boko Haram to spoil GEJ govment.

But they failed.

Election will not hold untill Boko Haram Attacks stop completely.
Election not holding in March and the president-elect not sworn in on May 29 could most likely lead to a military intervention.
Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by Adminisher: 11:28am On Feb 11, 2015
J12:
Why would the media keep on giving this demon the relevance he seeks?

Obasanji is a demon now? Someone who saw Gods plan in the cowardly inferior nonentity called Jonathan and made him Yaraduas VP?. Who pushed the fearful, irritatingly clueless VP to presidency when an ordinary woman had turned him to pissss. Please get serious, the man even harassed Tural Yaradua and family his friends for many years in public because of this dull down syndrome character called Jonathan.
Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by SpencerLewis(m): 11:28am On Feb 11, 2015
musiwa97:
Over buhari there will not be coup.

His fellow northerners tried to kill buhari.

Nobody is overthrowing anybody over buhari or osibanjo losing election.

Buhari/osibanjo can only win the north, like buhari /bakare..

If you look at the picture, you will see buhari supporters reduced compare to 2011, when he had large support

While GEJ can only win the south. Sorry, only the south south. In fact only the Ijaws and some confused Igbo Brothers of mine especially the confused APGA members.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:34am On Feb 11, 2015
stankezzy:
oga I no sure say u know wetin be coup.
coup is not chasing away the incumbent from government house but other high and low military officers to agree with ur plan.mind you that the coup the middle belt did , Gideon orka, they have susseded in chasing away babangida while other generals refused, which led to counter coup and killing of orka.
In the 80s why it was very easy for hausas to do coup was that , they the northern generals make up almost 80 % of Nigerian senior military force.
While the middle belt are the majority in the junior rank.
obasanjo is the first president to start equating power to all the region's , he was the one that shared Nigerian ammunition into 4 basic regions
easth-enugu
west-lagos
north-kaduna
south-porthercurt
in this jonathan administration , he promoted a lot of easterner eg- ihejirika and others, in South current chief of army staff and others.
We all know that the middle belterns are angry that the north are using and dumping them.
so if u do coup now , let's say the north , know it quite well that other regions will oppose it and counter it
resulting in war which will not be like biafran war where they fought with bare hands.
and also know that other regions except may be yorubas will join the north in the fight.
The foot solders eg middle belts , no go rush out like before to die for the North.
SO COUP IS INPRACTICAL AND UNTHINKABLE, IF OBASANJO SAID IT , HE IS NOT LEAVING WITH REALITY.
You know nothing about coup d'etat. Go read about coup in Nigeria and other African countries; coups are mostly carried out by middl-rank officers like captains and majors. Muammar Gaddafi was a Captain when he seized power in 1969. When they succeed, they force their seniors to comply, who are in turn retired.
Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by Collynzo9: 11:37am On Feb 11, 2015
PDPwayoo:

Master teenager i know u cant think above ur level. U mean ikwere garri alone can feed the whole of Niger Delta?. or u think is ikwere garri that made ASARI DOKUBO to be obese?

Dont forget oil is no longer a new thing, many states now have untapped oil reserves, some communities that have oil reserves r begging govt and oil companies to start drilling it cos it is useless to them if they cant benefit from it.

There is no tribe in the ND, that doesn't produce garri stop the trash talk. Who imports garri from the north?
The only things they depend on the north for are onions, tomatoes, cow meat etc. The beef can be replaced with fish, chicken, goat meat or any other form of livestock which is even healthier. Besides when oil money ceases to flow into the north and the farmers there cannot sell their produce to other regions for money, who suffers?
Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by Collynzo9: 11:41am On Feb 11, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

You know nothing about coup d'etat. Go read about coup in Nigeria and other African countries; coups are mostly carried out by middl-rank officers like captains and majors. Muammar Gaddafi was a Captain when he seized power in 1969. When they succeed, they force their seniors to comply, who are in turn retired.
Johnson the coup d'etat expert, stop referring to rubbish that happened in the 60's and 70's, that guy made very valid points on how things have changed yet you refused to address them instead you are talking about Gaddafi.
A coup cannot work in this Nigeria of today, quote me anywhere.
Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by 100Cents: 11:44am On Feb 11, 2015
AreaFada2:
As much as I despise OBJ for being an egomaniac, who cannot let other people shine, who cannot shot his gob as an old man that has had more luck, golden opportunities and fortune than his abilities & cleverness deserve, he is one person who knows how the mind of Northerners work. He has always been in league with them. So one should read in between the lines.

OBJ is tacitly supporting a coup, in unison with certain Northern leaders/retired officers. Abacha would have picked him up by now and lock up in a dungeon.

GEJ being a minority tribe person, all knowing that our country runs on sentiment, tribalism & bigotry, they know certain leaders from certain tribes are sacred cows. So they can spew all kind of rubbish.
OBJ is saying all the things he would not have tolerated from others when he was president.

Yeah right..
Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by Gliding(m): 11:44am On Feb 11, 2015
omenka:
This is Nigeria for you, a place where people walk on their heads and think with their feet.

Someone threatens Nigeria with war if Jonathan is not re-elected, and even goes on to buy warships and import arms from SA, and such a guy is applauded. Someone warns of the dangers in the reckless use of presidential powers and cautions if it goes on unabated, it might create a fertile ground for a military takeover and the person is accused of treason!!!

So unfortunate we have to share thesame space with these vacuous nonentities.

It is worrisome that people will make such statements in support of the present govt. And these people will still complain that Nigeria is not getting better. To cap it all, he got 16 likes. I really wonder what is wrong with us.
Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by 100Cents: 11:47am On Feb 11, 2015
free2ryhme:

Focus on Jonathan

We know OBJ is factual about his opinion

You and who ?

Smh..
Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by Myself2(m): 11:47am On Feb 11, 2015
J12:
Why would the media keep on giving this demon the relevance he seeks?

Don't mind the media people that keep giving unmerited relevance to this baboon.He is yet to come to terms with the shock reality of his political irrelevance especially after GEJ refused to be his errand boy, so he keeps saying and writing stoopid imaginary lies to harm the govt and person of GEJ.
Whatever he does, the fact remains that the man is an expired rabble-rouser as Nigerians now know the true nature of this leech who has been a parasite on the finances of the Nigerian state for nearly 50 years now.Thanks to the expository letter written by his daughter IYABO
Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by Tibins(m): 11:52am On Feb 11, 2015
castrogee:

That I do not understand. SMH

Because most of the media is west based, and some either owned or co-owned by Ebola A. T. Or bought over by him.
Same way he payrolled hundreds for social media
What do you get
Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:53am On Feb 11, 2015
You may be quick to say coup d'états are no longer possible in Nigeria. Don't forget coup that became popular in West Africa, beginning from the 1960's, took a trend. Sudan in 1958; Zaîre in November 1965; Benin Republic in December 1965; Burkina Faso in January 1966; Nigeria in January 1966; Ghana in February 1966; Mali in 1968.
In recent times, there have been coups in some West African countries.
Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by Nobody: 11:56am On Feb 11, 2015
Adminisher:

Obasanji is a demon now? Someone who saw Gods plan in the cowardly inferior nonentity called Jonathan and made him Yaraduas VP?. Who pushed the fearful, irritatingly clueless VP to presidency when an ordinary woman had turned him to pissss. Please get serious, the man even harassed Tural Yaradua and family his friends for many years in public because of this dull down syndrome character called Jonathan.

Obasanjo has always been and would forever be a demon.
Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by Faraidi(m): 11:59am On Feb 11, 2015
[quote author=citizenisb post=30619576][/quote]That USELESS MAN that slept with his son's wife.hissssss
Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by Kog45(m): 12:01pm On Feb 11, 2015
musiwa97:
Over buhari there will not be coup.

His fellow northerners tried to kill buhari.

Nobody is overthrowing anybody over buhari or osibanjo losing election.

Buhari/osibanjo can only win the north, like buhari /bakare..If I may ask you who is shivering btw Jonathan and Buhari towards this election.I can bet it with you GEJ cannot win this election,mind you I'm a Christian and southerner but I will never vote for GEJ,he has my vote in last election but not this time around.

If you look at the picture, you will see buhari supporters reduced compare to 2011, when he had large support

Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by Kog45(m): 12:04pm On Feb 11, 2015
I may ask you who is shivering btw Jonathan and Buhari towards this election.I can bet it with you GEJ cannot win this election,mind you I'm a Christian and southerner but I will never vote for GEJ,he has my vote in last election but not this time around.
Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by Billygee2u: 12:07pm On Feb 11, 2015
As corrupt as you are,you turned Ota farm to your personal property ,If chance is given to buhari,can he probe you ,tinubu and others that have looted Nigeria dry?
Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by Kog45(m): 12:15pm On Feb 11, 2015
poiZon:
IF u put a thief in a house n he sees money but cant steal it, abeg what will be his next option? no be to pack comot go whr him fit steal?
imagine people like obasanjo, tinubu, saraki, atiku, amaechi, n other petty thieves sayng them no wan thief again. abeg can a THIEF stop STEALING?
CAN BUHARI STOP BEING A DICTATOR?
CAN ATIK STOP BEING A THIEF?
CAN AMAECHI STOP STEALING?

CAN OBASANJO STOP STEALING?
CAN BUKOLA SARAKI STOP STEALING?
CAN TINUBU STOP STEALING?
CAN ALL THESE FRUSTRATED THIEVES BE WHAT THEY PREACH?
My friend GEJ is not winning this election period.
Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by scantee(m): 12:20pm On Feb 11, 2015
Needles of exchange words here, as far as I am concern GEJ tenure will end in 2019.

Even if UN endorse Buhari he is going no where. bookmark my comment.

you need to be an insider to know what sup, not all these hear say stories wiring on national diaries whose main motive is to attract sells.

as for OBJ (He has lost his values nobody takes him serious anymore) that man is chameleon, I remembered when I was doing my IT working with Former Minister Frank Nwaeke Jnr under OBJ tenure it was an eye opener because I got to know the real OBJ & his government.

GEJ till 2019
Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by 989900: 12:28pm On Feb 11, 2015
Who else thinks it's a dangerous trend throwing the word 'coup' around this carelessly . . . trying to make those 'Boko-fearing-boys' running ideas?
Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by mctech(m): 12:28pm On Feb 11, 2015
musiwa97:

F9! The support is greater now than ever. GEJ does not have overwhelming support in any zone of the country. APC is enjoying commendable support in SE & SS, thanks to the performing Okorocha and the strong Amaechi.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by Eluwilussit(m): 1:04pm On Feb 11, 2015
viccipedia:
lol...irrelevant OBJ...

Very, very irrelevant.
Re: Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Feb 11, 2015
In as much i supported your view, all this plague we are facing now was caused by you. Leadership position should be giving to someone who has passion for it and exhibit leadership quality not fisherman who is planning how to expand his net and make more money to buy shoes. You force him against his wish, now he has turn to something else, you start bitting your finger is that not what you wanted. The problem in the country will keep updating everyday till next month. All the insult on social media cannot solve the problem again. The election can never be free and fair and you all know what that means.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Soludo Gives Scholarship To 5 Times Guinness World Record Holder Chinonso Eche / Abdullahi Muhammad Who Tore His PDP Card Beaten To Pulp By Hoodlums / Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.