Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

NSCIA Condemns Advertisement On NTA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NSCIA Condemns Advertisement On NTA (1517 Views)

Aisha Buhari And Dolapo Osinbajo Watching The Arrival Of Buhari On NTA (Photo) / LIVE ON NTA: Senate Kicks Against Petition Submitted Against Rotimi Amaechi / A Vote For Jonathan Is A Vote For God Says A New PDP Advert On Nta (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NSCIA Condemns Advertisement On NTA by BABSIN(m): 6:50am On Feb 11, 2015
The Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) has condemned an advertisement on Nigeria Television Authority (NTA) sponsored by “Initiative for Peaceful Election’’ saying that the advertorial portrays Nigerian Muslims in a bad light.

In a statement made available to LEADERSHIP and signed by secretary-general, Prof Is-haq Olanrewaju Oloyede, titled, “Dangerous Advertisement on NTA,” it said taken along with the current public utterances of some political and religious leaders in the country, the contents of the advertisement are suggestive of a dangerous hidden agenda.

The statement reads, “The attention of the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) has been drawn to an ongoing advertisement on Nigeria Television Authority (NTA), the advertisement sponsored by ‘Initiative for Peaceful Election’ apparently on behalf of a political party, contains a concocted documentary which embarrassingly maligns Islam and portrays Nigerian Muslims in bad light aired on a national television owned by the federal government of Nigeria, the provocative advertisement is sending a very dangerous signal of a seemingly impending religious war to the populace.”

It said, “Incidentally, unassailable facts show that over 80 per cent of the victims of the 2011 post-election violence to which the advertisement in question refers were Muslims. These facts are available in both the reports and the white papers of the federal and Kaduna State governments’ panels on the crisis.

It added that, such an insensitive public attack on Islam and Nigerian Muslims is capable of causing chaos and thereby elicit a reaction in the like manner which may lead to further crisis. “To avert any such crisis therefore, the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs hereby calls on Nigerian Broadcasting Commission which statutorily regulates the broadcast activities in the country to be alert in its duty and ensure that a religious war does not ensue as a result of dereliction of duty on its part.

“Islam is not a candidate contesting for an office in the coming general election.

and it is never expected that any individual or group with the right frame of mind would want to drag this religion of Allah into politics,’’ the statement added.

1 Like

Re: NSCIA Condemns Advertisement On NTA by SeverusSnape(m): 6:52am On Feb 11, 2015
Mtcheeeewww
Re: NSCIA Condemns Advertisement On NTA by ziccoit: 7:02am On Feb 11, 2015
Brb
Re: NSCIA Condemns Advertisement On NTA by seunmsg(m): 7:14am On Feb 11, 2015
Good to know that our religious leaders are now concerned with the ugly trend of campaigning with religion. Every well meaning Nigerians must condemn PDP for there politics of religious and ethnic division. Political parties should campaign based on their records of performance and manifestos.

1 Like

Re: NSCIA Condemns Advertisement On NTA by midolian(m): 7:32am On Feb 11, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Mtcheeeewww
..its early morning and this is the best your brain can think. I used to think the brain works best in the morning...buh u ve proven me wrong.."What he calls himself doesn't matter(eg HALF-BLOOD PRINCE), A dunce is always gonna be a dunce.

Pls Save Nigeria..Do not reproduce

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NSCIA Condemns Advertisement On NTA by SeverusSnape(m): 7:41am On Feb 11, 2015
midolian:
..its early morning and this is the best your brain can think. I used to think the brain works best in the morning...buh u ve proven me wrong..A dunce is a dunce no matter how you want to put it.

Pls Save Nigeria..Do not reproduce
Hehehehehehehehe...funny you.
I don't take those people serious, That's why I feel I should just hiss.Besides, there is no source.
Thanks for the condom though
Re: NSCIA Condemns Advertisement On NTA by Canme4u(m): 7:44am On Feb 11, 2015
May God help Nigeria.

Anyway, Sah Buhari.

Pls check my signature.
Re: NSCIA Condemns Advertisement On NTA by Canme4u(m): 7:44am On Feb 11, 2015
May God help Nigeria.

Anyway, Sai Buhari.

Pls check my signature.
Re: NSCIA Condemns Advertisement On NTA by Nobody: 7:45am On Feb 11, 2015
That must be the work of the evil ruling party.
Re: NSCIA Condemns Advertisement On NTA by midolian(m): 7:49am On Feb 11, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Hehehehehehehehe...funny you.
I don't take those people serious, That's why I feel I should just hiss.Besides, there is no source.
Thanks for the condom though
u welcome..

Jst stop bn sentimental and I tell you, u ll be @ ur best. I ve observed you jst arnt interested in any thing that's anti PDP/GEJ..

Its not a sin @ all to be a supporter buh u dnt have to rubbish every post that doesn't please you for some haz some sense in them.

..And here z a source http://leadership.ng/news/411380/nscia-condemns-advertisement-nta

2 Likes

Re: NSCIA Condemns Advertisement On NTA by Faibuhari: 8:03am On Feb 11, 2015
That Sharia council set
Re: NSCIA Condemns Advertisement On NTA by SeverusSnape(m): 8:05am On Feb 11, 2015
midolian:
u welcome..

Jst stop bn sentimental and I tell you, u ll be @ ur best. I ve observed you jst arnt interested in any thing that's anti PDP/GEJ..

Its not a sin @ all to be a supporter buh u dnt have to rubbish every post that doesn't please you for some haz some sense in them.
Hmmmmm....Well, That wasn't how I was, Some people are just too insultive on this forum, That's why I had to adjust So as to blend it, I can just make a reasonable comment and someone will just start insulting me because I said the truth Which was not in favour of Buhari, It's annoying, Now I have decided to give them fire for fire. Though I've developed a thick skin to it.
This same thing you accuse me of, APC supporters are the main perpetrators, they don't want to hear anything good about nigeria, They prefer to hear bad news So as to castigate Jonathan, Which is wrong. I'll also be glad If you can talk to your fellow comrades.

Thank you sir, I appreciate. smiley
Re: NSCIA Condemns Advertisement On NTA by midolian(m): 8:16am On Feb 11, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Hmmmmm....Well, That wasn't how I was, Some people are just too insultive on this forum, That's why I had to adjust So as to blend it, I can just make a reasonable comment and someone will just start insulting me because I said the truth Which was not in favour of Buhari, It's annoying, Now I have decided to give them fire for fire. Though I've developed a thick skin to it.
This same thing you accuse me of, APC supporters are the main perpetrators, they don't want to hear anything good about nigeria, They prefer to hear bad news So as to castigate Jonathan, Which is wrong. I'll also be glad If you can talk to your fellow comrades.

Thank you sir, I appreciate. smiley
Well said..buh u don't have to be like them. You r a PRINCE, even though HALF-BLOOD
Re: NSCIA Condemns Advertisement On NTA by SeverusSnape(m): 8:18am On Feb 11, 2015
midolian:
Well said..buh u don't have to be like them. You r a PRINCE, even though HALF-BLOOD
Hehehehehehehehehehe...Yeah, You're right.
I'll try my best.
Re: NSCIA Condemns Advertisement On NTA by hazyfm1: 8:39am On Feb 11, 2015
SOURCE?
Re: NSCIA Condemns Advertisement On NTA by omenka(m): 9:10am On Feb 11, 2015

“Islam is not a candidate contesting for an office
in the coming general election.
Food for thought.

1 Like

Re: NSCIA Condemns Advertisement On NTA by nzeadachie: 10:25am On Feb 11, 2015
BABSIN:
The Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) has condemned an advertisement on Nigeria Television Authority (NTA) sponsored by “Initiative for Peaceful Election’’ saying that the advertorial portrays Nigerian Muslims in a bad light.

In a statement made available to LEADERSHIP and signed by secretary-general, Prof Is-haq Olanrewaju Oloyede, titled, “Dangerous Advertisement on NTA,” it said taken along with the current public utterances of some political and religious leaders in the country, the contents of the advertisement are suggestive of a dangerous hidden agenda.

The statement reads, “The attention of the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) has been drawn to an ongoing advertisement on Nigeria Television Authority (NTA), the advertisement sponsored by ‘Initiative for Peaceful Election’ apparently on behalf of a political party, contains a concocted documentary which embarrassingly maligns Islam and portrays Nigerian Muslims in bad light aired on a national television owned by the federal government of Nigeria, the provocative advertisement is sending a very dangerous signal of a seemingly impending religious war to the populace.”

It said, “Incidentally, unassailable facts show that over 80 per cent of the victims of the 2011 post-election violence to which the advertisement in question refers were Muslims. These facts are available in both the reports and the white papers of the federal and Kaduna State governments’ panels on the crisis.

It added that, such an insensitive public attack on Islam and Nigerian Muslims is capable of causing chaos and thereby elicit a reaction in the like manner which may lead to further crisis. “To avert any such crisis therefore, the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs hereby calls on Nigerian Broadcasting Commission which statutorily regulates the broadcast activities in the country to be alert in its duty and ensure that a religious war does not ensue as a result of dereliction of duty on its part.

“Islam is not a candidate contesting for an office in the coming general election.

and it is never expected that any individual or group with the right frame of mind would want to drag this religion of Allah into politics,’’ the statement added.

Re: NSCIA Condemns Advertisement On NTA by luv2talk(m): 4:18pm On Feb 11, 2015
lalasticlala, seun, obinoscopy. this deserves homepage. atleast the source is already provided.... People should know how oga jonaTAN is dividing Nigeria along religions line. undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

BUHARI - AISHA - Describe Pics In One Word / Lessons Learnt In The Just Concluded INEC Election / Boko Haram: How Abuja Minister, Bala Mohammed, Sacked, Humiliated Idps To Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.