Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,920 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

Urgent: Who Can Help Me Proof To My Mum That Ftb Betting Is A Dirty Exercise. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Urgent: Who Can Help Me Proof To My Mum That Ftb Betting Is A Dirty Exercise. (2903 Views)

Man Slumps, Dies During Early Morning Jogging Exercise In Lagos (photo) / Nairabet/bet9ja Betting: Is It A Sin Or Not? / Reasons Why Sport Betting Is Not Good For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent: Who Can Help Me Proof To My Mum That Ftb Betting Is A Dirty Exercise. by RomanceLander(f): 7:41am On Feb 11, 2015
Hello I'm new on this forum and I've admired so many things here which warranted my joining . One them being getting help.

So, my younger brother is a football addict, I mean to the core... which isn't bad shaaa. But he started getting on my nerves when he started trying to transfer it to my mum.
He's always betting football games and quote me 'he gets his fortune almost every time' .Hardly does he lose a prediction.
Now I overheard him discussing his fortunes with my mum and she seems interested..... I chipped in and started countering his points proving to him that betting is gambling and dirty and that he's allowed to go on with it since he doesn't want to get some piece if advice from me, but what I won't have is he introducing my mum into it.

Well I tried but I wasn't good enough to backup my claims .... I just know within me that my spirit hates that thing ... I just don't know why.

Imagine my shock when I came back from school yesterday to find out my brother has placed a bet of 9wins for my mum. Yesterday night two of the games clicked in positively remaining 5. And the money involved is big enough (don't want to mention amount) .

Supposing she wins the remaining 5, I fear this will never stop.
Please someone help me out , I'm scared seriously..... if I can just talk her out of this I'll be glad.

I NEED URGENT HELP FROM NAIRALANDERS PLEEEASEEE
Re: Urgent: Who Can Help Me Proof To My Mum That Ftb Betting Is A Dirty Exercise. by RomanceLander(f): 7:43am On Feb 11, 2015
Hello
Re: Urgent: Who Can Help Me Proof To My Mum That Ftb Betting Is A Dirty Exercise. by CrazyScientist: 7:51am On Feb 11, 2015
grin Okay...

Let me share so people can come give you advice.

Iceberylin
Farano
Fatalveli
Mukina2
Yungwizzzy
Obinoscopy
Naijaboiy
Enygmababe
MizMyColi
Re: Urgent: Who Can Help Me Proof To My Mum That Ftb Betting Is A Dirty Exercise. by CrazyScientist: 7:55am On Feb 11, 2015
RomanceLander:
Hello

You should have posted this in romance or family, you wont see any one in sport, except those like your brother.

2 Likes

Re: Urgent: Who Can Help Me Proof To My Mum That Ftb Betting Is A Dirty Exercise. by dkronicle(m): 8:14am On Feb 11, 2015
Hahaha this is exciting. Ur bro na baddo o. Badder dan olamide gan.
But there is notin wrong na, since dey aint using gun or harassing anyone its allowd. Plz tell ur bro to share some for some niggas in NL.
Re: Urgent: Who Can Help Me Proof To My Mum That Ftb Betting Is A Dirty Exercise. by RomanceLander(f): 8:21am On Feb 11, 2015
CrazyScientist:

You should have posted this in romance or family, you wont see any one in sport, except those like your brother.

Wow I never thought of it..... can it be changed now
Re: Urgent: Who Can Help Me Proof To My Mum That Ftb Betting Is A Dirty Exercise. by CrazyScientist: 8:35am On Feb 11, 2015
RomanceLander:

Wow I never thought of it..... can it be changed now

Nope, Just recreate the thread.
Re: Urgent: Who Can Help Me Proof To My Mum That Ftb Betting Is A Dirty Exercise. by Sanchez01: 8:36am On Feb 11, 2015
OP, how old is your brother? I think that could help understand the situation better. If he's well above 18, then I see nothing wrong with it. The law, I believe, recognizes football bets. I'm a huge fan of moral uprightness, I mean a big fan. But that does not imply I condemn those who gamble just because I don't.

Your mum is only enticed by the winnings of your brother, which I believe is normal. However, the dangers are quite huge though and could be problematic when it arises. She could be lured of parting away with valuables if she's convinced that a particular game entry is sure to yield. Unfortunately, there's little or nothing you can do at this point other than pray that she lose her bets consecutively. That way, she'll easily be discouraged from carrying on.

And if perhaps you have an older brother or sister, it would be right you tell them so as to caution her.

1 Like

Re: Urgent: Who Can Help Me Proof To My Mum That Ftb Betting Is A Dirty Exercise. by Sanchez01: 8:41am On Feb 11, 2015
CrazyScientist:

Nope, Just recreate the thread.
Recreating it may not help. She'd get help recommendations from people who would want to do so and may likely be mocked. The most important is for her to get help.
Re: Urgent: Who Can Help Me Proof To My Mum That Ftb Betting Is A Dirty Exercise. by RomanceLander(f): 8:41am On Feb 11, 2015
Sanchez01:
OP, how old is your brother? I think that could help understand the situation better. If he's well above 18, then I see nothing wrong with it. The law, I believe, recognizes football bets. I'm a huge fan of moral uprightness, I mean a big fan. But that does not imply I condemn those who gamble just because I don't.

Your mum is only enticed by the winnings of your brother, which I believe is normal. However, the dangers are quite huge though and could be problematic when it arises. She could be lured of parting away with valuables if she's convinced that a particular game entry is sure to yield. Unfortunately, there's little or nothing you can do at this point other than pray that she lose her bets consecutively. That way, she'll easily be discouraged from carrying on.

And if perhaps you have an older brother or sister, it would be right you tell them so as to caution her.

Hmmmmm prayers, isn't that taking it too far? Anyway thanks shaaa.
one point noted
Re: Urgent: Who Can Help Me Proof To My Mum That Ftb Betting Is A Dirty Exercise. by Sanchez01: 8:50am On Feb 11, 2015
RomanceLander:

Hmmmmm prayers, isn't that taking it too far? Anyway thanks shaaa.
one point noted
Trust me, she'll become addicted almost instantly if she wins because she could believe the bet is indeed easy. Sometimes sacrificing little things in the course of a greater one is highly expected.
Re: Urgent: Who Can Help Me Proof To My Mum That Ftb Betting Is A Dirty Exercise. by RomanceLander(f): 8:54am On Feb 11, 2015
Sanchez01:

Trust me, she'll become addicted almost instantly if she wins because she could believe the bet is indeed easy. Sometimes sacrificing little things in the course of a greater one is highly expected.

That's very very true.... exactly what I'm scared of
Re: Urgent: Who Can Help Me Proof To My Mum That Ftb Betting Is A Dirty Exercise. by RomanceLander(f): 8:56am On Feb 11, 2015
Hey common guys, where is the love.... help a sister out... Stop peeping and leaving
Re: Urgent: Who Can Help Me Proof To My Mum That Ftb Betting Is A Dirty Exercise. by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 11, 2015
If ur honestly interested in the truth then forget abt ur brother for now cos no pastor can advice him to stop

Focus on ur mum....tell ur mum that betting is an addiction ,make her understand that predicting one game or 2 is totally diff from predicting lots of games to win.....i know she wont listen so advice her to give ur bro small mmoney ...tell her to watch if he Wins in the 2trials after he fails Which am sure of with 70% probability then sit and reason with her that betting ain't the way forward

1 Like

Re: Urgent: Who Can Help Me Proof To My Mum That Ftb Betting Is A Dirty Exercise. by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 11, 2015
It seems you are the first child or the Responsible one...

What you should do is, Have a Talk With Your Mum on her actions... Let her know she is doing the wrong thing and how will she feel if tomorrow your brother gets imprisoned for a bigger crime than gambling... She is supporting him and that makes it bad...

Also come from the angle of How Bad It Is for young people to get involved in stuff like it and how sinful it is (if she believes in God o)

You have to talk her out of it...Your brother might not stop immediately but first deliver your mum before she bets with your school fees one day...

Dad nko?
Re: Urgent: Who Can Help Me Proof To My Mum That Ftb Betting Is A Dirty Exercise. by Sanchez01: 9:07am On Feb 11, 2015
RomanceLander:

That's very very true.... exactly what I'm scared of
Yeah... I'll also advice you have a heart-to-heart talk with your mum (this depends on how close both of you are though). This should best be done when your brother goes out. That way, it would give mother and daughter time and all the space needed. It's one thing to talk with a raised voice, and it's also another to do so calmly. Talk to her and try making her see reasons where it's unhealthy for her to indulge in such a thing.
Re: Urgent: Who Can Help Me Proof To My Mum That Ftb Betting Is A Dirty Exercise. by hedonistic: 9:55am On Feb 11, 2015
This football betting craze is spreading like wildfire these days. It's technically gambling, but at least it's more dignified than the regular Baba Ijebu lotto which is the real dirty game associated with riff-raff and area boys.

The only way your sweet mother will lose interest in this thing is if she loses her first couple of bets. However, since you say your brother is an expert at it and hardly loses, then I guess she will play the same bets (games) as he does and ride on his luck to win. If she wins often enough, then I'm afraid she is stuck and there's nothing you can do about it. In fact, I predict that you would also join them sooner than later and even become more addicted to it than your brother and your mother put together.
Re: Urgent: Who Can Help Me Proof To My Mum That Ftb Betting Is A Dirty Exercise. by Nobody: 10:56am On Feb 11, 2015
CrazyScientist:
grin Okay...

Iceberylin
Farano
Fatalveli
Mukina2
Yungwizzzy
Obinoscopy
Naijaboiy
Enygmababe
MizMyColi

Re: Urgent: Who Can Help Me Proof To My Mum That Ftb Betting Is A Dirty Exercise. by RomanceLander(f): 3:57pm On Feb 11, 2015
okay i think i'll have to take it to family section...Thanks guys anyways
Re: Urgent: Who Can Help Me Proof To My Mum That Ftb Betting Is A Dirty Exercise. by MizMyColi(f): 4:09pm On Feb 11, 2015
CrazyScientist:
grin Okay...
Icveberylin
Favrano
Favtalveli
Mvukina2
Yuvngwizzzy
Ovbinoscopy
Nvaijaboiy
Envygmababe
MizvMyColi
Pardon me please, but I now take every moniker created after Dec 2014 with a pinch of salt.

grin
Except of course, you PM me to hint me what your old moniker is.
Re: Urgent: Who Can Help Me Proof To My Mum That Ftb Betting Is A Dirty Exercise. by CrazyScientist: 4:41pm On Feb 11, 2015
MizMyColi:
Pardon me please, but I now take every moniker created after Dec 2014 with a pinch of salt.

grin
Except of course, you PM me to hint me what your old moniker is.

I was banned since october last year on my old moniker, ban is ending tomorrow, ill quote you by then grin you know me tongue
Re: Urgent: Who Can Help Me Proof To My Mum That Ftb Betting Is A Dirty Exercise. by UnknownT: 4:42pm On Feb 11, 2015
Wow! He wins most times?!!!! Only if I will be re-printing his slips each time. Winasbet don chop my money like madtgrin cry
Re: Urgent: Who Can Help Me Proof To My Mum That Ftb Betting Is A Dirty Exercise. by CrazyScientist: 4:43pm On Feb 11, 2015
Yungwizzzy:
smiley

Andyblaze sends his regards angry

1 Like

Re: Urgent: Who Can Help Me Proof To My Mum That Ftb Betting Is A Dirty Exercise. by drmikeadams(m): 5:10pm On Feb 11, 2015
Give me ur brothers number,,I dey find am Teytey...no worry'mumcy just dey play for fun.......

1 Like

Re: Urgent: Who Can Help Me Proof To My Mum That Ftb Betting Is A Dirty Exercise. by iceberylin(m): 5:55pm On Feb 11, 2015
Na your money them use undecided

Mind ya biswaz angry
Re: Urgent: Who Can Help Me Proof To My Mum That Ftb Betting Is A Dirty Exercise. by RomanceLander(f): 6:19pm On Feb 11, 2015
iceberylin:
Na your money them use undecided

Mind ya biswaz angry

Wow don't pray to be in my shoes.... you'll realize it's your business
Re: Urgent: Who Can Help Me Proof To My Mum That Ftb Betting Is A Dirty Exercise. by RomanceLander(f): 6:21pm On Feb 11, 2015
drmikeadams:
Give me ur brothers number,,I dey find am Teytey...no worry'mumcy just dey play for fun.......

lols next alert you'll be seeing on your mobile is my brother's number
Re: Urgent: Who Can Help Me Proof To My Mum That Ftb Betting Is A Dirty Exercise. by passionate88: 5:41pm On Feb 12, 2015
RomanceLander:
Hello
op, give me your brother number na!, since him pass Paul the octupus, make him dey also give me games too
Re: Urgent: Who Can Help Me Proof To My Mum That Ftb Betting Is A Dirty Exercise. by Carp101: 9:16pm On Feb 12, 2015
RomanceLander:
Hello I'm new on this forum and I've admired so many things here which warranted my joining . One them being getting help.

So, my younger brother is a football addict, I mean to the core... which isn't bad shaaa. But he started getting on my nerves when he started trying to transfer it to my mum.
He's always betting football games and quote me 'he gets his fortune almost every time' .Hardly does he lose a prediction.
Now I overheard him discussing his fortunes with my mum and she seems interested..... I chipped in and started countering his points proving to him that betting is gambling and dirty and that he's allowed to go on with it since he doesn't want to get some piece if advice from me, but what I won't have is he introducing my mum into it.

Well I tried but I wasn't good enough to backup my claims .... I just know within me that my spirit hates that thing ... I just don't know why.

Imagine my shock when I came back from school yesterday to find out my brother has placed a bet of 9wins for my mum. Yesterday night two of the games clicked in positively remaining 5. And the money involved is big enough (don't want to mention amount) .

Supposing she wins the remaining 5, I fear this will never stop.
Please someone help me out , I'm scared seriously..... if I can just talk her out of this I'll be glad.

I NEED URGENT HELP FROM NAIRALANDERS PLEEEASEEE
Lol, i want to know your brother. I'm good at predicting international matches and we can work together. But i'm not a gambler though.
Re: Urgent: Who Can Help Me Proof To My Mum That Ftb Betting Is A Dirty Exercise. by drmikeadams(m): 10:52pm On Feb 12, 2015
RomanceLander:

lols next alert you'll be seeing on your mobile is my brother's number
Baby love,you are the Shuga in my meat pie ,,,,,give me ur bro number nah.. We go share my winnings together nah do Val sef. C
Re: Urgent: Who Can Help Me Proof To My Mum That Ftb Betting Is A Dirty Exercise. by englishmart(m): 4:30am On Feb 13, 2015
hypocrisy on the rise

(1) (2) (Reply)

Murphy Ijemba The Radio Paparazi And Sean Amadi Of Brila Fm Sacked / Sex Is The Greatest Enemy Of Eagle's Players! Taribo West. / Gerard Pique: I’m Not One Of The World’s Best Defenders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.