Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,263 members, 7,818,891 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos (23757 Views)

Wike Sacks Two LG Council Bosses Over Non-participation At Jubillee Anniversary / Delta Election Tribunal Sacks Two PDP Lawmakers / Jega Sacks Two Electoral Officers In Edo For Disappearance Of Result Sheets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos by agabusta: 1:33pm On Feb 11, 2015
hedonistic:

Hosts my foot. Are you giving me free land to build my house or are you accommodating me for free in your house or are you giving me free food or what exactly? This "hosts" nonsense is so condescending and annoying.

Sorry if my choice of words annoyed you. But its a general term used in Nigeria for non-indigenes resident in another area. If I decide to relocate to the East, maybe to Mbaise, I will regard the Mbaise community as my host even if I work, earn and take care of my family myself.

See it is in the interest of everybody if there is peace. Development and even earning a living only happens in an atmosphere of peace. That is why I am advising we join hands together and condemn those inciting hate and beef. There are chronic tribalists on both sides and it will do us a lot of good to condemn them with one voice.

5 Likes

Re: INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 17, 2015
Good job. A Nigeria where people are not scared of telling people the truth...

Forward NIGERIA....MARCH FOR JONATHAN.... Sai Jona till 2019

3 Likes

Re: INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos by stecman: 4:32pm On Feb 17, 2015
Please, brethren, read what OMAR BANGURA from Sierra Leone has to tell Nigerians:

"I don't think you guys know what you are playing with. You can call each other names and laugh about it now but when you end up inciting hate here as I read through your posts here and a real civil war starts in your country you will regret what you are doing now. Your religious and political leaders are trying to divide you between religious lines and you are helping them do that rather than s...tanding up and saying we are all Nigerians never mind our tribe, region or religion. That's the only stand that will save your blessed nation. The foreign powers pushing the government to take certain decisions now will abandon you when you start killing one another and prevent you from running to their countries so be careful. Our 11- year war in Sierra Leone was not even based on religious or tribal differences and see what we did to our country. The worst conflicts are those based on tribal and religious differences. See Central Africa, Bosnia and Rwanda. To have a better knowledge of this, please watch the documentary/movie called "Hotel Rwanda" or "Sometime in April". My heart bleeds when I read what you guys are saying because I know what this will lead to. You will be the losers all of you whether Christian, Muslim, Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa. Stand as one and save your nation together because you have only one Nigeria that has the potential to lead Africa."
PLEASE HELP SAVE NIGERIA AND SHARE THIS TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE.
Kindly forward to your contacts until it gets to every Nigerian. God bless you. Amen

5 Likes

Re: INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos by Rapidx: 4:34pm On Feb 17, 2015
This is hilarious. INEC has finally found out the truth in what we non indigene Lagosians have been complaining all this while. Thank you Jesus!

14 Likes

Re: INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos by ozoigbondu: 4:34pm On Feb 17, 2015
All the souls that insulted ndiigbo when this issue was raised should show some dignity and apologise to ndiigbo for casting aspirations on their personalty

12 Likes

Re: INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos by holatin(m): 4:36pm On Feb 17, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
FASHOLA BUSTED! wink
hediot living without brain, faahola don become info abi, as clueless as GEJ

1 Like

Re: INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos by steppin: 4:36pm On Feb 17, 2015
alaoeri:
Those that are shouting Igbos are denied PVC, are Igbos the only non indigene in Lagos? & the previous thread regarding this issue on front page clearly stated that Fashola was behind the whole scenario what a mischief on the part of the op, inability to collect PVC in Lagos affected Hausas, Yorubas, Lagos indigenes, other tribes & not only Igbos wonder why Igbos are the only ones claiming the victims.
Walahi! This guy na Bunkum!
Didn't you read at all before posting?
Gbanyaa people plenty for politcs section.
Re: INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos by PapaBrowne(m): 4:37pm On Feb 17, 2015
These people should not just be relieved, they should be arrested, tried and prosecuted and imprisoned!!
There's got to be some law governing that kind of misconduct!! The law is there to punish offenders and as such serve as a deterrent to other potential offenders. When relieving you of a temporary job is the worst consequence, these atrocities would keep being perpetuated!!

5 Likes

Re: INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 17, 2015
shebi some people talk say na lie, so why is INEC sacking its own over an issue some NL resident carrier sadists claims to be a lie?
its so unfortunate that some Nigerians wanted their fellow citizens to be disenfranchised, just imagine what wld have happened if the election was not postponed? make una dey fear God ooo

only in 9ja.

7 Likes

Re: INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos by Akpan107(m): 4:37pm On Feb 17, 2015
waste of time!

Is Jega that needs to be sacked!

3 Likes

Re: INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos by OgologoDimkpa: 4:37pm On Feb 17, 2015
steppin:
@topic,
When some Igbos complained in this forum, some APC mofos started jumping up and down, accusing them of crying foul.
Now, fowl yash don open!

3 Likes

Re: INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 17, 2015
holatin:
hediot living without brain, faahola don become info abi, as clueless as GEJ
Re: INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos by holatin(m): 4:38pm On Feb 17, 2015
ozoigbondu:
All the souls that insulted ndiigbo when this issue was raised should show some dignity and apologise for it is true
the news mentioned fasghla to be d one holding d PVC, so d ndigbo are d one to apologise for lying on fashola
Re: INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos by Eluwilussit(m): 4:38pm On Feb 17, 2015
hazyfm1:
Source: Complete sports grin grin grin

You are crazy, you know? That's a good one. Lol
Re: INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos by Jokay07(m): 4:39pm On Feb 17, 2015
GEJman:
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Lagos State, on Wednesday, said it had relieved two members of a community it engaged for the distribution of Permanent Voter Cards (PVC) of their assignment.

This was contained in a statement signed by Femi Akinbiyi, the commission’s Head of Public Affairs in the state.

It said the two persons were found to have denied a few non-indigenes the chance to collect their cards in the state.

The statement said: “The records we have at our disposal, and they are available for all to see, indicate that Lagosians of different ethnic backgrounds have been coming forward to collect their cards.

“To be sure, the bulk of the ad hoc staff engaged for the distribution exercise are NYSC members who come from different ethnic backgrounds.

“With such diverse backgrounds, among whom a substantial number of them are non-indigenes, it is most unlikely that they would embark on discriminating against non indigenes like themselves.

“Our findings, however, revealed that in few places where we did not have the full complement of NYSC members, some members of the community, whom we engaged for the exercise, two of them were found to have denied a few non-indigenes the collection of their cards.

“We have consequently relieved them of this assignment.”

The statement said INEC regretted whatever embarrassment the incident might have caused the affected members of the public.

It thanked those who drew the commission’s attention to the act.

It added: “We are by this press release stating that no INEC official, permanent or ad hoc, has been engaged to give cards to people from only one part of the country while denying others their legitimate right of collecting their cards.

“All INEC staff are under firm instructions to give the PVCs to their rightful owners.”

According to the statement, no money is to be demanded or given in doing so.

It urged the public to be vigilant and assist the commission in drawing its attention to any breach of its guidelines by anyone, including its staff members.

The statement said the distribution of the PVCs would continue at the 20 local government offices of the commission in the state till March 8.

It urged those who had not collected theirs to avail themselves of this extension to collect their PVCs.

SOURCE:http://www.dailyindependentnig.com/2015/02/inec-sacks-two-denying-non-indigenes-pvcs/
which one be non indigenes? I thought lagos is no man's land. Who are the indigenes?
Re: INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos by OgologoDimkpa: 4:39pm On Feb 17, 2015
Una don see am!
Fashola, provide Ndiigbo with their PVC embarassed

GEJ till 2019!!

8 Likes

Re: INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos by heilige(m): 4:39pm On Feb 17, 2015
nice one

1 Like

Re: INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos by 2rutalk1: 4:40pm On Feb 17, 2015
Rapidx:
This is hilarious. INEC has finally found out the truth in what we non indigene Lagosians have been complaining all this while. Thank you Jesus!

I am a witness to this. It is happening right now in Amuwo Odofin L.G.A of Lagos State, especially Oriade LCDA. If your name has anything like "Chi " or so getting your PVC from them will be a difficult task. I know one APC man who is in charge of collecting/hoarding PVCs belonging to non-indigens in the area.

4 Likes

Re: INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos by AreaFada2: 4:41pm On Feb 17, 2015
We can now see why some people were raising dust when the elections were postponed even within the spirit of the law.
Some sinister machinations busted.

6 Likes

Re: INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos by yorke1: 4:41pm On Feb 17, 2015
Finally, we have been vindicated.

Fashola can employ them because they were sacked as a result of the instruction they were told to carry out by Fashola and his God-father Satan-father Tinuthieft.

JK is OK!

9 Likes

Re: INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos by holatin(m): 4:42pm On Feb 17, 2015
[quote author=brito post=30820152][/quote]my sugar mummy
Re: INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos by Akpan107(m): 4:43pm On Feb 17, 2015
I just thank God the Election did not hold...

APC must be panicking by now!

6 Likes

Re: INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos by Laid2001: 4:43pm On Feb 17, 2015
Better go collect your PVC before it is too late
Re: INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 17, 2015
holatin:
my sugar mummy

Jesu!!!! Sugar mummy
Re: INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos by johnmartus(m): 4:44pm On Feb 17, 2015
Sack them for what
Re: INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 17, 2015
2rutalk1:

I am a witness to this. It is happening right now in Amuwo Odofin L.G.A of Lagos State, especially Oriade LCDA. If your name has anything like "Chi " or so getting your PVC from them will be a difficult task. I know one APC man who is in charge of collecting/hoarding PVCs belonging to non-indigens in the area.

The highlighted seems more like the type of 3 million job creation promised by some people if they are voted in.

3 Likes

Re: INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos by upcrown2512(m): 4:44pm On Feb 17, 2015
SOURCE.

INEC HAS DISTANCE ITSELF FROM THIS BLACKMAIL.
THEY HAVE COME OUT CLEAR ABOUT THIS ISSUE.
THE INEC IS AN INDEPENDENT BODY AND IT DEPENDS ON FEDERAL GOVERNMENT FOR FUNDING.
IT'S A WELCOME IDEAS.

I MARCH28WESTAND.
MARCH4GMB /PYO
Re: INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos by kagel: 4:45pm On Feb 17, 2015
etebefia:
Source?

DAILY INDEPEND NEWS PAPER
TRIBALIST FROM NONSENSICAL LAGOS

1 Like

Re: INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos by major466(m): 4:46pm On Feb 17, 2015
steppin:
@topic,
When some Igbos complained in this forum, some APC mofos started jumping up and down, accusing them of crying foul.
Now, fowl yash don open!
Don't mind them. Same thing is happening in some northern states.

4 Likes

Re: INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos by Nobody: 4:47pm On Feb 17, 2015
upcrown2512:
SOURCE.

INEC HAS DISTANCE ITSELF FROM THIS BLACKMAIL.
THEY HAVE COME OUT CLEAR ABOUT THIS ISSUE.
THE INEC IS AN INDEPENDENT BODY AND IT DEPENDS ON FEDERAL GOVERNMENT FOR FUNDING.
IT'S A WELCOME IDEAS.

I MARCH28WESTAND.
MARCH4GMB /PYO

You are so shameless.

INEC Sacks 2 Staff in Lagos For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC
http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/inec-sacks-2-staff-in-lagos-for-denying-non-indigenes-pvc.107818/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Labaran Maku The Most Popular Candidate In Nasarawa (Photos) / Abians Welcome Governor Ikpeazu At Sam Mbakwe's Airport, Owerri(Photos) / Asari Dokubo, Edwin Clark, ND Avengers; Why No Outrage Over Iniquity At NDDC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.