Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,442 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Niger Declares State Of Emergency After Boko Haram Attacks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Declares State Of Emergency After Boko Haram Attacks (648 Views)

Niger Declares One Week Special Prayer, Fasting For President Buhari / NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges / Officials Evacuating Bodies After Boko Haram Attack In Maiduguri (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Declares State Of Emergency After Boko Haram Attacks by olillywales(m): 4:15pm On Feb 11, 2015
The Republic of Niger has declared a 15-day state of emergency in the border region of Diffa after a series of attacks by Nigerian militant Islamist group Boko Haram.

According to BBC News, the state of emergency gives Diffa’s governor power to introduce new restrictions without passing any laws.

The town of Diffa sits within the broader Diffa region of Niger
The curfew will force residents to stay indoors between 20:00 and 06:00 local time (19:00 and 05:00 GMT).
Boko Haram has intensified its campaign against neighbouring states in recent weeks.

The group attacked Chadian army positions in north-eastern Nigeria on Wednesday but were repelled.
“We knew they were going to attack us,” a Chadian military official told Reuters news agency. “We were waiting. The battle didn’t last long.”

Chadian troops are in Gambaru town in Nigeria’s Borno state after capturing it from Boko Haram last week.
They are part of a regional coalition fighting Boko Haram, whose militants are increasingly attacking the area around Lake Chad – a crossroads between Nigeria, Chad, and Niger.

The Islamist terror group Boko Haram is fighting to create an Islamic state, and has vowed to defeat regional forces. Thousands of residents are fleeing the town of Diffa, travelling 500km to Zinder city. One eyewitness said that about 200 refugees had arrived in Zinder on Tuesday in a single convoy.

Niger has been targeted by Boko Haram over the past week, with residents reporting a car bomb in Diffa town and assaults by militants on nearby Bosso.

Approximately 3.2 million people in Nigeria have fled their homes as a result of Boko Haram’s insurgency, Nigerian officials say.
Nigeria launched an investigation on Tuesday after reports of rapes, child trafficking and other abuses in camps for those displaced.

However the conflict with Boko Haram in the north-east of the country has forced the postponement of Nigeria’s 2015 general elections from 14 and 28 February to March 28 and April 11.

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/02/niger-declares-state-of-emergency-after.html
Re: Niger Declares State Of Emergency After Boko Haram Attacks by tejpot(m): 4:17pm On Feb 11, 2015
untop wetin? Ordinary bomb grin
Re: Niger Declares State Of Emergency After Boko Haram Attacks by SPINA101(m): 4:22pm On Feb 11, 2015
Nawa ooo its is well
Re: Niger Declares State Of Emergency After Boko Haram Attacks by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 11, 2015
I hope CHANGE ppl will not call Mahamadou Issoufou clueless o.
Re: Niger Declares State Of Emergency After Boko Haram Attacks by Joel3(m): 4:32pm On Feb 11, 2015

a friend of mine is in one africa country ( name of country undisclose here).

And he told me how lucrative the transportation system is over there.

now he has set up a transportation service and looking for investors. Money guaranty in timely manner.

Example:
If you Invest in $5000

You will be getting $500 every month for 2 years, which is the life span and contract time.

Fast now and invest before its too late.

Its profit driving if you ask me.

$500 * 12 = $6000
$6000 * 2 = $12000

= $12,000 USD in 2 years return to you for putting 5000$.

Contact me if you are interested.
PM me if interested.
Re: Niger Declares State Of Emergency After Boko Haram Attacks by daben1(m): 4:33pm On Feb 11, 2015
Come, Nigeria will give you weapons... If GEJ wins!
Re: Niger Declares State Of Emergency After Boko Haram Attacks by ezefrank87(m): 4:33pm On Feb 11, 2015
Y didn't all these regional solidarity engineered since, abi na now this people wake up 4rm there slumber because them Boko guys no dey smile again? Am sure that had all these efforts being channeled in2 the fight now started ab initio,boko for be past... me things there is more 2 dis boko mata dam meets the eye...sha,all these soldiers risking their lives every day 4 we sake, we appreciate u all.God bless and keep u and ur families.

Meanwhile,me and ma doubting Thomas friends dey reason say one candidate popular,and na em 9ja people want,na em make I wan say,make una help click like 4 oga Buhari,and share 4 oga jonathan... grin
Re: Niger Declares State Of Emergency After Boko Haram Attacks by godsamist: 4:37pm On Feb 11, 2015
The same islamist group who claims they are fighting for their allah are stil the ones involve in rape,looting,maim lives and kidnapping.
Which Allah are these miscrants talking about for all i know,Allah create and value lives
Re: Niger Declares State Of Emergency After Boko Haram Attacks by Joel3(m): 4:37pm On Feb 11, 2015
since boko haram threating niger for more attack. I think they need to do more in ensuing they protect their borders
Re: Niger Declares State Of Emergency After Boko Haram Attacks by Joel3(m): 4:38pm On Feb 11, 2015

a friend of mine is in one africa country ( name of country undisclose here).

And he told me how lucrative the transportation system is over there.

now he has set up a transportation service and looking for investors. Money guaranty in timely manner.

Example:
If you Invest in $5000

You will be getting $500 every month for 2 years, which is the life span and contract time.

Fast now and invest before its too late.

Its profit driving if you ask me.

$500 * 12 = $6000
$6000 * 2 = $12000

= $12,000 USD in 2 years return to you for putting 5000$.

Contact me if you are interested.
PM me if interested.
Re: Niger Declares State Of Emergency After Boko Haram Attacks by Vision4God: 4:38pm On Feb 11, 2015
Boko haram will soon finish n d sponsors xposed. God is watching

(1) (Reply)

6 Things That Are Very Likely To Happen Before March 28 Elections / Governor Fayose Confesses To Partaking In Ekiti Poll Rigging Meeting / Nigerian Policemen Threaten Strike Over Unpaid Salaries.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.