Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,330 members, 7,867,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 07:35 AM

Some Quotes From The Presidential Media Chat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Some Quotes From The Presidential Media Chat (619 Views)

Buhari Holds Presidential Media Chat Wednesday / Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat / Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Quotes From The Presidential Media Chat by Nobody: 10:10pm On Feb 11, 2015
The incumbent president of Nigeria, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Phd. (GCFR) was inteviewed today by some gaggle of media guys. Here are some of the quotes from the president for the advantage of Nigerians who missed it . Enjoy
President said, that May 29th is sancrosant.
There is no truth in me not wanting to relinquish power -GEJ
It is not quite right for anybody to want to contest an election and not be willing to take the outcome -GEJ
Q: Is it true that you will not relinquish power even if you lose the election?
"Call a thief a thief everybody knows what a thief means"
"To convict 1000 people is not the solution to stealing but we are creating a medium where people will not be able to steal"
"When you place a goat beside a yam or platain, it eats it. But lets take away the yam from the goat, it won't be able to eat it"
“We are not saying Boko Haram must be wiped out before elections can hold.”
“Elections will hold and there would be handover on May 29,” Jonathan assures the panelists.
“If the fight against BH is not won by 6 weeks, are we going to see another postponement?” Mr. President gets question about one more postponement.
Why don’t you visit the mosques ? Adesua asks President Jonathan. He responds that he gets numerous invites to religious events.
Jonathan stressed that whoever wants to be the President cannot destroy Nigeria.
A lot of misinformation in the country even by very senior citizens, Mr.President continues.
Jonathan said he doesn’t see the big deal about poll shift.
On Jega: I wish Jega were here, I could have asked him to answer whether I have confidence in him Yes those who called for his sack may be close to me, but they express their own opinion. More than 80 per cent of those who sponsor messages on our behalf we don’t even know them. People use the reschedule of election to misinform Nigerians.
“In Borno, about 10 local govts are under Boko Haram but I can assure you that very soon, we shall resolve this.”
“If I feel that Prof. Jega is incompetent for obvious reasons and is in line with the constitution I can remove him,” he continued.
Mr.President speaks on elections postponement, he said: “INEC acts independently and I don’t interfere with their decisions.”
Presidential media chat starts. It was opened by a brief speech by the president. Questioning have swiftly moved into the postponed elections. The president wanted the understanding of the international society over the shifted polls. He said the kind of scenarios where elections are postponed for the sake of perpetuating power is not the case in Nigeria.
Thanks. grin
Seun, Ishilove, Lalasticlala, TheRealMrStan. Fp?
Re: Some Quotes From The Presidential Media Chat by adehsenior(m): 10:19pm On Feb 11, 2015
GEJ till 2019
#MarchBuhari
GEJ till Buhari presents PHCN bill as certificate
Re: Some Quotes From The Presidential Media Chat by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 11, 2015
My grouse and anger goes to the journalists for not asking thought-provoking questions. Why ask about Jega when Jega isn't an Officer of the Executive? Why ask about Buhari when he is on a Presidential Media Chat and not POLITICS TODAY? Why ask about the PDP Campaign fund when he is on the Presidential Media Chat, and not PDP Leadership Chat? That wasn't a proper platform to ask party related questions.

The President looked angry and bitter towards his critics. I could see pains in his eyes for the "insults" or "alleged insults" that he receives. He wasn't emphatic when he spoke on Boko Haram insurgency and bluffed midway in his explanation. His defence of "Stealing is not corruption" was very shallow and not impressive. His handlers need to be tried for treason. I love his response when he was asked of Buhari, matured and wouldn't want controversy. His defence on the integrity of his Aides was hypocritical, though I understand that he was trying to maintain happy internal relationship among his subordinates.

All in all, the Journalists need to be more professonal
Re: Some Quotes From The Presidential Media Chat by komek(m): 10:30pm On Feb 11, 2015
barcanista:
typin

Make sure u type something reasonable.
Re: Some Quotes From The Presidential Media Chat by Nobody: 10:47pm On Feb 11, 2015
komek:

Make sure u type something reasonable.
Done Sir

(1) (Reply)

Christiane Amanpour Called Buhari A Tyrant And A Killer Aka Terrorist / I Underestimated Boko Haram – Jonathan / GEJ: I Underestimated Boko Haram | We Will Catch Shekau Before Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.