Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,082 members, 7,835,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment (31301 Views)

Julius Agwu Rehearsing For Thanksgiving After Ailment (Video) / Mabel Babatunde-Okungbowa: Donating My Kidney To OJB Jezreel, No Regrets / Ojb's Kidney Reportedly Collapses Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment by hotgunz(m): 4:40pm On Feb 12, 2015
Alrite
Re: M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment by mooremedia: 4:46pm On Feb 12, 2015
I really don't blame the media for all that,
the way musicians and and celebrity's flaunt cash
it's really hard for anyone to believe that you guys go broke.
But I know "you sef you be human being o"
I feel you M.I

6 Likes

Re: M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment by iceberylin(m): 4:48pm On Feb 12, 2015
"When Ojb was sick it was hurting all of us"
Me sef i be human being ...

I love this guy mehnnn
Re: M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment by soulglo: 4:52pm On Feb 12, 2015
Why do people do this though. It's so classless. An old friend in Nigeria had something tragic happen and we were raising money. Another school friend was handling it and people started putting in money and the next thing you would see them updating the names and amounts on facebook and on text message. I refused to contribute to that show of shame. I sent my money to her directly.

1 Like

Re: M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment by asukaka: 4:54pm On Feb 12, 2015
So Rivers State governor is this generous and yet some PDP members dislike so much?
By the way,which state of origin is OJB?

1 Like

Re: M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment by Nobody: 5:00pm On Feb 12, 2015
[size=26pt]STINGY ABO.KI[/size]
undecided
Re: M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment by espn(m): 5:01pm On Feb 12, 2015
lipsrsealed
pinkycute:
Hmmmmmm embarassed
Who is OJB
lipsrsealed wink
Re: M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment by Nobody: 5:04pm On Feb 12, 2015
CrazyScientist:
Why such publicity now?! This should be a warning to all those youths that think artistes have money, all na wash o, Just trying to look good in public.
You're a learner if you think some of them don't have real money.

1 Like

Re: M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment by Nobody: 5:04pm On Feb 12, 2015
In Airforce1's voice "Working On my musical album.. join you guys soon "

1 Like

Re: M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment by AdemolaA2: 5:07pm On Feb 12, 2015
You should have still gone to see him and pray with him ....Vector went to see him and prayed for him . sometimes, you show some concern by checking up on someone .not just by giving out money and all ...I understand everyone has got one problem or the other we nurse quietly but ...i rest my case !!!

1 Like

Re: M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment by sucess001(m): 5:09pm On Feb 12, 2015
[size=16pt]First i am one of MI's biggest fans...i probably know his music lines more than he himself...his music is permanently on replay in my car...

However...subtly attacking Nomoreloss on that track wasn't cool...especially since the song later went on to refer to people like Nomoreloss as "Eyin Aiye"....

Funny enuf i liked the 'drama' it gave to the song and the punchline...still MI should have respected that Nomoreloss was fighting for a fellow artiste's life...

His reason of avoiding embarrassment is not good enuf...He cud have given and insisted on not being named...

Heck! MI and Tuface cud have done a show to raise money for ojb...its a massive indictment that the government had to be the one to bail a fellow musician out...not cool....

Still..MI's my guy...I respect his words, songs and matured personality...even if i think he was wrong in his reasons on this particular issue...

[/size]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment by kullozone(m): 5:18pm On Feb 12, 2015
jboy73:
Very controversial speech.

Who's ojb?
Whats nomorelost?

What's wrong with Mi?

100,000 he can't affoRed?

Everybody knows mi is Mr Aka Gum

who is this one
Re: M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 12, 2015
kullozone:

who is this one

I'm thy lord
Re: M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 12, 2015
sucess001:
[size=16pt]first i am one of MI's biggest fans...i probly knw his music lines more than he himself...his music is permanenlty on replay in my car...

However...subtly attacking him on that track wasn't cool...especially since the song later went on to refer to pple like nomoreloss as "Eyin Aiye"....

funny enuf i liked the 'drama' it gave to the song and the punchline...still MI should have respected that Nomoreloss was fighting for a fellow artiste's life...

The reason of u avoiding embarrassment is not good enuf...you cud have given and insisted on not being named...

heck you and tuface cud have done a show to raise money for ojb...its a massive indictment that the government had to be the one to bail u guys out...not cool....

still..MI's my guy...i respect his words, songs and matured personality...even if i think he was wrong in his reasons on this particular issue...

[/size]

Re: M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment by kullozone(m): 5:22pm On Feb 12, 2015
jboy73:

I'm thy lord

never reard of you before....
are you from rombe?
Re: M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment by tunapius(m): 5:23pm On Feb 12, 2015
D same tin will be revealed
if he dies undecided
Re: M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment by cashdosh(m): 5:23pm On Feb 12, 2015
pinkycute:
Hmmmmmm embarassed
Who is OJB

Ask orunmila
Re: M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment by kullozone(m): 5:24pm On Feb 12, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
All I see are excuses.

Funny how people go broke when it comes to the time to donate money to help. You didn't contribute and now you are trying to find an excuse.

whats your own excuse sir?
Re: M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment by manny4life(m): 5:26pm On Feb 12, 2015
This is nonsense as far as I'm concerned. If you want to help someone, DO IT. The 100k you give to someone is a loan extended in the future which may bountifully reap back to you later through someone else when you're in need. Anonymity is very important when donating, but I think that if all the "100K" category folks had come together and/or through an organization and made a one time gift say N2million, that would have been worth it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment by ceejay80s(m): 5:52pm On Feb 12, 2015
pinkycute:
Hmmmmmm embarassed
Who is OJB
He meant OBJ
Itiboribo
Re: M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment by ceejay80s(m): 5:56pm On Feb 12, 2015
CrazyScientist:
Why such publicity now?! This should be a warning to all those youths that think artistes have money, all na wash o, Just trying to look good in public.
The car olamide and davido just bought, how much do u think it cost?
Abi na psquare wey buy private jet,
Guy leave talk, they have money
Re: M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 12, 2015
Him sef he be human being oh!
Re: M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 12, 2015
soulglo:
Why do people do this though. It's so classless. An old friend in Nigeria had something tragic happen and we were raising money. Another school friend was handling it and people started putting in money and the next thing you would see them updating the names and amounts on facebook and on text message. I refused to contribute to that show of shame. I sent my money to her directly.

They're trying to show transparency and accountability.

The wrong way tho.
Re: M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment by Abimbola29(m): 6:23pm On Feb 12, 2015
babs01:
Many ppl ar out there with one sickness or other but nobody sees them. May God Almighty heal d sick ones
AMEN OOOOOOOooo

1 Like

Re: M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment by Gwan2(m): 6:26pm On Feb 12, 2015
Buh to mak u guyz stop feedin us news from ur imagination....2face had å remix of Nfana ibaga produce by OJB himself.......so stop creating acrimony wer dia is non..
Re: M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 12, 2015
kullozone:

never reard of you before....
are you from rombe?

From ikot epkene
Re: M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment by yemicoal(m): 6:41pm On Feb 12, 2015
Me self I be human being sad
Re: M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment by holluwai(m): 6:59pm On Feb 12, 2015
MI is just trying to vindicate himself, time don pass oh boy.
Re: M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment by Olufemiolaolu(m): 7:10pm On Feb 12, 2015
Bullshit, shame on mi. The truth of d matter is you dont have 2 be begged or persuaded 2 help people in urgent need. The fact of life is if u didnt help ur fellow being in need, God in His infinite mercy ll still send helpers anyway. MI is only regretting his actions. Who would have blamed him 4 donating a little amount. May be that What muna thought of b4 deciding not 2 seek public help. Anybody cud be in a bad state any time. Nothing in life is permanent.
Re: M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment by Hotstew(m): 7:50pm On Feb 12, 2015
Teamsafecozzy:

dude don't get it mixed.. some of these artist do have money, what about all the endorsement by big companies and appointment of offices by the Government.... some have money like d'banj, psquare, bank w, 2 face etc while some are packaging(can't mention name of those packaging here') grin

You think these artist don't eat? Don't pay bills? Don't buy fuel? Don't pay for musical videos? Don't pay airfares? Don't pay for hotel lodgings? Don't settle family members and all? You just think the money just seats there in their accounts waiting to be given out to pple right?

1 Like

Re: M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment by defemidefemi(m): 8:06pm On Feb 12, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
All I see are excuses.

Funny how people go broke when it comes to the time to donate money to help. You didn't contribute and now you are trying to find an excuse.
God bless u bro. this wud av been a gud excuse if he had given the little he had den. this dat he said is just story which sud b 4 d gods
Re: M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment by Goodnuel: 8:14pm On Feb 12, 2015
sucess001:
[size=16pt]First i am one of MI's biggest fans...i probably know his music lines more than he himself...his music is permanently on replay in my car...

However...subtly attacking Nomoreloss on that track wasn't cool...especially since the song later went on to refer to people like Nomoreloss as "Eyin Aiye"....

Funny enuf i liked the 'drama' it gave to the song and the punchline...still MI should have respected that Nomoreloss was fighting for a fellow artiste's life...

His reason of avoiding embarrassment is not good enuf...He cud have given and insisted on not being named...

Heck! MI and Tuface cud have done a show to raise money for ojb...its a massive indictment that the government had to be the one to bail a fellow musician out...not cool....

Still..MI's my guy...I respect his words, songs and matured personality...even if i think he was wrong in his reasons on this particular issue...

[/size]
I totally agree with you.. M.I got this one wrong, I won't believe he went broke at that time. Haba! I mean he has always been himself all the while, why would he then care about what people would say with about his 100k donation if it served it purpose of saving OJB life?. Like someone said, even Vector paid a visit when he was facing one of the biggest battles of his career with his label..

And he even went ahead to sing abt it in his Human being track... Ohk, I love that track but the Nomoreloss dig was tootally unnecessary..

M.I no try joor.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mercy Johnson: After 3 Kids In 3 Years, I Needed A Break / Juliet Ibrahim Asks Rihanna If She Is Pregnant, Gets Blasted / Stephanie Linus Is Looking So HOT In These Her New Pictures (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.