Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Jonathan Explains What Meant When He Said ‘Stealing Is Not Corruption’ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Explains What Meant When He Said ‘Stealing Is Not Corruption’ (42315 Views)

Patience Jonathan Explains How She Made $15m, Says “i Saved For 15 Years” / Buhari Explains What Is On His ‘wish List’ For The G7 / ‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Explains What Meant When He Said ‘Stealing Is Not Corruption’ by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 12, 2015
So simply because GEJ said all this it is now meant to reprogram our minds against the obvious truth that stealing and corruption run hand in hand? I would like to ask a question and I need a very straight answer and not insults..... What is the source of stealing? Isnt it from a corrupt mind? What is stealing and what is corruption? Both are vices tied to one source which is a sinful nature... Another word for sin is corruption and one of the proceeds of corruption is stealing. There is absolutely no way you can draw a line of distinction between both. Jonathan knows he blundered and was just trying to rewrite logic to his favor but i am not buying it. Only a corrupt person can steal and proof of corruption is when you steal amongst other vices. Those of you who believe that stealing is not corruption need a reality check because its like saying lying is not sin but mere lying.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Explains What Meant When He Said ‘Stealing Is Not Corruption’ by Nobody: 9:42am On Feb 12, 2015
sod09:
wen d clueless one is still d president.....
stealing is not corruption
this man no day think b4 opening his mouth
like husband like wife grin

Hahahahaha...with your 'cluefullness' NL couldn't even grant you an interview. HATER!
Re: Jonathan Explains What Meant When He Said ‘Stealing Is Not Corruption’ by sammhi(m): 9:43am On Feb 12, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Thanks for the explaining....but stealing is still the same thing as corruption.

Either way....someone loses kudi!

no boy. Corruption is a broader term which may include stealing . corruption includes like a governor giving his own company government contract...even if the amount for the contract is not inflated.... or accepting gifts from a contractor whom you as governor or commissioner or minister gave a contract etc so pure stealing is different from corruption....e.g sleeping with a lady before you give her appointment is corruption...we can go on and on.... so when you say corruption it is vague term actually that is why you need to be specific
Re: Jonathan Explains What Meant When He Said ‘Stealing Is Not Corruption’ by dealslip(f): 9:43am On Feb 12, 2015
nightrain:
how dare you say the death of those 3million are in vain?

was there a secession at the end of the day? Is there one Nigeria as we speak? Are the seams holding this nation not about to burst? can you point to a single monument jointly named after the casualties on both sides of the war apart from soilders? If you didn't loose anybody, I will forgive you as you wont understand the pain, those that lost Fathers, Brothers and children, investments, properties will understand. If there is any favour we can do for ourselves as Nigerians, it is telling ourselves the obvious truth. If their blood was revered as you claim we will not be calling for another blood shed by soaking baboon and monkey in blood and ND militants will not threaten other parts of Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Explains What Meant When He Said ‘Stealing Is Not Corruption’ by Nasige(m): 9:46am On Feb 12, 2015
OK O,MR PRESIDENT DON DECLARE SAY "STEALING NO BE CORRUPTION" SO MEANING THOSE WAY DEY STEAL GOVT MONEY NO CORRUPT.
Re: Jonathan Explains What Meant When He Said ‘Stealing Is Not Corruption’ by goldman777: 9:46am On Feb 12, 2015
stealing is not corruption dat is very clear,pls stop playin wit our intelligence cos nothing can be deduced frm ur explanations
Re: Jonathan Explains What Meant When He Said ‘Stealing Is Not Corruption’ by sleekp1: 9:46am On Feb 12, 2015
For those APC blow hard too dumb to check the dictionary, here it is.

Re: Jonathan Explains What Meant When He Said ‘Stealing Is Not Corruption’ by lovelife206(m): 9:47am On Feb 12, 2015
englishmart:
stealing isn't corruption. No problem.
But corruption is stealing.... grin

Abii I wonder ooo.....

#MarchBuhari2AsoRock
Re: Jonathan Explains What Meant When He Said ‘Stealing Is Not Corruption’ by GodsKate: 9:47am On Feb 12, 2015
Keep up with news/events/business/research/.... at lower cost:---
Mtn&Etisalat data available@cheaper rates for your mobile phones&via modem.
(Mtn1gb=N1200/1300, etisalat1gb=N1400/1500).
Call/SMS/Whatspp GK on 08032719286 to order.
Re: Jonathan Explains What Meant When He Said ‘Stealing Is Not Corruption’ by Oahray: 9:47am On Feb 12, 2015
JonBee1:

Alameseigha only use his position/power/authority to steal
He's not corrupt
He's an ordinary thief
When a man sleep with another man that is corruption!
Your sarcasm is ill-dressed to the occasion, dude. Whether or not anyone is wrongly put in a category in which he doesn't belong, the fact remains that theft and corruption are not the same, except in special moments of intersection.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Explains What Meant When He Said ‘Stealing Is Not Corruption’ by abatajjvii: 9:48am On Feb 12, 2015
change is all we need

GMB/PYO
Re: Jonathan Explains What Meant When He Said ‘Stealing Is Not Corruption’ by Nasige(m): 9:48am On Feb 12, 2015
naijadeyhia:
So simply because GEJ said all this it is now meant to reprogram our minds against the obvious truth that stealing and corruption run hand in hand? I would like to ask a question and I need a very straight answer and not insults..... What is the source of stealing? Isnt it from a corrupt mind? What is stealing and what is corruption? Both are vices tied to one source which is a sinful nature... Another word for sin is corruption and one of the proceeds of corruption is stealing. There is absolutely no way you can draw a line of distinction between both. Jonathan knows he blundered and was just trying to rewrite logic to his favor but i am not buying it. Only a corrupt person can steal and proof of corruption is when you steal amongst other vices. Those of you who believe that stealing is not corruption need a reality check because its like saying lying is not sin but mere lying.
BROS I WONDER O.DIS MR PRESIDO SEF.
Re: Jonathan Explains What Meant When He Said ‘Stealing Is Not Corruption’ by Emyogalanya: 9:48am On Feb 12, 2015
Thanks mr president enemies go and die

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Explains What Meant When He Said ‘Stealing Is Not Corruption’ by dunkem21(m): 9:48am On Feb 12, 2015
Waoooh
Re: Jonathan Explains What Meant When He Said ‘Stealing Is Not Corruption’ by maestroferddi: 9:48am On Feb 12, 2015
Maybe Jonathan should have spoken in pidgin for some people to understand simple common sense.
Re: Jonathan Explains What Meant When He Said ‘Stealing Is Not Corruption’ by kingslly(m): 9:48am On Feb 12, 2015
Stealing is a greater sin than corruption in the Nigerian context,nigerians react subtly to a corrupt person but are very aggressive with a thief,thats what he said.
msmon:
*The more you talk and try to justify an action of statement, the more you appear like a fool.*

According to the dictionary;

cor·rup·tion - /kəˈrəpSH(ə)n/ noun
1. dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power, typically involving bribery.
2. the process by which something, typically a word or expression, is changed from its original use or
meaning to one that is regarded as erroneous or
debased.

steal - /stēl/
verb
1. take (another person's property) without
permission or legal right and without intending to
return it.
2. move somewhere quietly or surreptitiously.

Mr. President, I believe u can now see that corruption is not 'only stealing' while stealing is corruption. Basically, stealing is a subset of corruption just like forgery, bribery etc.
Re: Jonathan Explains What Meant When He Said ‘Stealing Is Not Corruption’ by Joy83(m): 9:49am On Feb 12, 2015
VIPERVENOM:
Embezzlement, theft, fraud, bribery, extortion, blackmail, kickbacks, abuse of discretion (which gej has been doing lately), favouritism, nepotism, clientelism etc are all forms of corruption. How do you expect a man who studied zoology to know dat?
So you studied "Criminology" and that's why you know all forms of corruption?
Stop being educated illiterate dude!
Re: Jonathan Explains What Meant When He Said ‘Stealing Is Not Corruption’ by dokunbam(m): 9:50am On Feb 12, 2015
dealslip:
Let whoever wins take his rightful position in Aso Rock. Whatever be the case do not help to heat up the polity. This politicians we always clamour for dont have our interest at heart. When the violence start, they and their children will flee to fortification while the military men will be wasting the lives of Nigerians. Recall the Nigerian civil war, the principal actors lived to ripe age. Gowon is almost 80 and Ojukwu died at the ripe age of 78 leaving inheritance for his children but do not forget that 3 million people lost their lives on both sides. Their death was in vain as the politicians reconcilled and many are now great friends and they are still ruling us. Let us be wise, vote for your candidate and move on. We have never voted anyone that will please us for even a term, before the tenure ends we will start screaming and shouting for another. Politicians are not your messiah. We are the ones to drop our selfishness, materialism, hatred, insensitivity and wickedness towards another. Our division is greatly helping their own agenda. As long as we are divided we will always be at the loosing end. What they owe us is infrastructures, security and proper resource control. It is not theirs to help us define our heritage, an Hausa man is not better than all the other 250 tribes and vice versa. We are first human before we recognise any tribe or nation what we owe each other is love. We are not different in anyway except our mindset. It is not theirs to help us discover religion, it is supposed to be between us and our God. Religion is a personal thing, as long as it works for us. God is the judge not us or them. Please keep yourselves safe, you too can rule one day.
Re: Jonathan Explains What Meant When He Said ‘Stealing Is Not Corruption’ by arimahoseloka(m): 9:51am On Feb 12, 2015
nightrain:
do you have a dictionary in your house? How come these Nigerians didn't consult the dictionary before attacking the president? There is a mass incomprehension of the English language in this country. Most Nigerians, graduates inclusive find it difficult to communicate in queen's English
Re: Jonathan Explains What Meant When He Said ‘Stealing Is Not Corruption’ by VIPERVENOM(m): 9:52am On Feb 12, 2015
Joy83:

So you studied "Criminology" and that's why you know all forms of corruption?
Stop being educated illiterate dude!
why not try to prove all wat i said wrong instead of insulting me
Re: Jonathan Explains What Meant When He Said ‘Stealing Is Not Corruption’ by Rexnegro(m): 9:52am On Feb 12, 2015
I just tire for everything in nigeria. Na wa o
Re: Jonathan Explains What Meant When He Said ‘Stealing Is Not Corruption’ by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 12, 2015
sleekp1:
For those APC blow hard too dumb to check the dictionary, here it is.

Now you posted this but failed to understand even what you posted. what is moral depravity or perversion of integrity or corrupt or dishonest proceedings? FYI stealing falls within that category...Stealing is moral depravity and is also a dishonest proceeding. The dictionary does not explain everything in totality but allows you room to cross the Ts and dot your Is.....In other words fill in the blanks. If stealing is graded as a "wrong" is corruption graded as a "right"?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Explains What Meant When He Said ‘Stealing Is Not Corruption’ by Jwonder(m): 9:52am On Feb 12, 2015
sod09:
wen d clueless one is still d president.....
stealing is not corruption
this man no day think b4 opening his mouth
like husband like wife grin

Theft and corruption are both acts of dishonesty,
but they are not exactly the same. Theft can only
be corruption when it involves abuse of office,
else, it is just theft.
Re: Jonathan Explains What Meant When He Said ‘Stealing Is Not Corruption’ by secretcode01: 9:52am On Feb 12, 2015
Hoba007:
Ops, You are just as stupid and clueless as your president, the question you need to ask yourself what is the meaning or definition of the world 'corruption', which means 'dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power, typically involving bribery', what is the definition of 'stealing' it means; taking (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it. All these babbling and mumbling of the sadistic bastard just to safe face isn't working. There are only three types of people that would vote for the clueless one, the hypocrites, their types have being with us for centuries, God didn't speak well of the hypocrites, the Evil doers, those ones are the corrupts politicians, corrupt Nigerians, the drug dealers they know if buhari becomes the president is longer business as usual for them and lastly, the stupid ones and they constitutes 90% of the people supporting the clueless one, reason a state governor would say he knows the president has done nothing for his people but he would still vote for him. If you sat down and watched the rambling of the clueless one on Tv yesterday and you are convince about what he said about differentiating corruption from stealing, then you are part of that 90%.
Re: Jonathan Explains What Meant When He Said ‘Stealing Is Not Corruption’ by tolexy007(m): 9:52am On Feb 12, 2015
God bless ur wisdom mr president....Nigerians are at ur back.
Re: Jonathan Explains What Meant When He Said ‘Stealing Is Not Corruption’ by Arcid: 9:53am On Feb 12, 2015
englishmart:
stealing isn't corruption. No problem.
But corruption is stealing.... grin
wat av u said?
wit ur name i expected more!!
Re: Jonathan Explains What Meant When He Said ‘Stealing Is Not Corruption’ by Isiterere(m): 9:55am On Feb 12, 2015
I was convinced by President's explanation last night and even this morning while I listened to the repeat of the media chat. A layman is more knowledgeable to ascertain "stealing" than "corruption "

"stealing " should not be glorified with "corruption"
we belief the poor steal but the rich corrupt.

Had it been that the president is a good orator, he wouldn't have been misinterpreted in the first instance.

stealing is a sub-set of corruption

#IHaveDecided to vote GMBPYO.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Explains What Meant When He Said ‘Stealing Is Not Corruption’ by Gynacologist(m): 9:56am On Feb 12, 2015
phollybee:
and who said this Foolish man deserves a second Term?
ask ur moda...
Re: Jonathan Explains What Meant When He Said ‘Stealing Is Not Corruption’ by Nobody: 9:59am On Feb 12, 2015
Oahray:
Your sarcasm is ill-dressed to the occasion, dude. Whether or not anyone is wrongly put in a category in which he doesn't belong, the fact remains that theft and corruption are not the same, except in special moments of intersection.

What is sakasm again? Grammar! You sure say that thing dey dictionary?
Anyway. Let me rephrase it for your Ph.D brain.

Alamieyeseigha is not corrupt
He is just an ordinary thief
Nigerians want to use his "abuse of office" in stealing to justify calling it corruption. Tufiakwa!

Hence, GEJ pardon him for thief-thief (how much did the guy steal sef? Money that is not enough to buy 40 private jets)
But be aware that GEJ will not tolerate corruption

But if a sleep with another man, that is corruption.
Na 14 years in prison last price, no reduction.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Explains What Meant When He Said ‘Stealing Is Not Corruption’ by sleekp1: 9:59am On Feb 12, 2015
naijadeyhia:

Now you posted this but failed to understand even what you posted. what is moral depravity or perversion of integrity or corrupt or dishonest proceedings? FYI stealing falls within that category...Stealing is moral depravity and is also a dishonest proceeding. The dictionary does not explain everything in totality but allows you room to cross the Ts and dot your Is.....In other words fill in the blanks. If stealing is graded as a "wrong" is corruption graded as a "right"?

The president neither condone stealing nor corruption, he said yesterday that he was quoting the man responsible for that department. It was explained to the president that ICPC prosecutes those who are corrupt by the man (Umaru I think) in charge of that department. Did you not watch the interview, don't try taking things out of contest to justify your perceived understanding of the dictionary.
Re: Jonathan Explains What Meant When He Said ‘Stealing Is Not Corruption’ by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 12, 2015
Isiterere:
I was convinced by President's explanation last night and even this morning while I listened to the repeat of the media chat. A layman is more knowledgeable to ascertain "stealing" than "corruption "

"stealing " should not be glorified with "corruption"
we belief the poor steal but the rich corrupt.

Had it been that the president is a good orator, he wouldn't have been misinterpreted in the first instance.

stealing is a sub-set of corruption.

Allow me to say that for every act there is a root cause. We are not looking at stealing and stopping there...there is a root cause which is deeper and that root cause is corruption. Would you entrust anything into the hand of a man who steals? Even if that man is known to steal money would you entrust even stones in his hands? You know that even if he cannot have access to money he would find a way to steal those stones so he can convert them to money so its all about the root cause and not that surface hogwash that Jonathan tried to stutter himself out of.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Explains What Meant When He Said ‘Stealing Is Not Corruption’ by pembisco(m): 10:01am On Feb 12, 2015
I watched the presidential media chat yesterday and seriously GEJ explained himself very well especially on this statement "stealing is not curroption", even the journalists were convinced and even ran out of questions. I now believe that people hate this man for just no reason at all, I was impressed with his level of composure, humilty and IQ.
I don't want an illiterate (Buhari) to become my president, in fact this an insult to nigeria and africa as a whole, we'll be laughing stuck by the whole world and it baffles me that some nigerians still don't care about the acedemic level of who becomes their president. Imagine an illiterate ruling the most populous black nation on earth in this modern age. Haba, I'm personally insulted aswear

modified
The illitrates should know this.

Corruption:
Wrongdoing on the part of an authority or powerful
party through means that are illegitimate, immoral, or
incompatible with ethical standards . Corruption often
results from patronage and is associated with bribery.
It could also be defined as the deviation from an ideal .

Stealing:
take (another person's property) without
permission or legal right and without
intending to return it.
I guess the illitrates (APC) now know the difference

Phd no beans abeg

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Wike Gives Rivers Magistrates Cars - Photos / Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update / U.S. Moves To Name Boko Haram Sponsors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.