Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,957 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Age Factor In Employment - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Age Factor In Employment (1338 Views)

Top Companies In Employment List This Week / Top Companies In Employment List Today / Top Companies In Employment List This Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Age Factor In Employment by mekaboy(m): 1:15pm On Feb 12, 2015
What r the chances of someone who graduated with 2.1 from the uni at age 30 and now 31 looking for a job?

Do companies descriminate based on age in Nigeria?

What advice should such a person be given?
Re: Age Factor In Employment by arduks: 1:33pm On Feb 12, 2015
yes, companies do DISCRIMINATE!!!. It is really a sad situation but to every rule in life there are always exceptions, you could be the exception. Keep believing.
Re: Age Factor In Employment by Nobody: 2:40pm On Feb 12, 2015
Mehn its. A strong. Thing. In this. Country o. Average age. They keep asking is 26-28. Dunno. About Govt coy tho...
Re: Age Factor In Employment by mekaboy(m): 2:44pm On Feb 12, 2015
arduks:
yes, companies do DISCRIMINATE!!!. It is really a sad situation but to every rule in life there are always exceptions, you could be the exception. Keep believing.

Thanks for the contribution, trying to see how significant age is in Nigerian firms compared to other countries.

Has anyone been turned down based on age
Re: Age Factor In Employment by calabaman(m): 2:56pm On Feb 12, 2015
Employers in this part of the world feel that younger people would be more productive than older ones.

Hence the terrible discrimination!! Funny enough the reverse is the case..As the "matured ones" have a lot to prove and are in most more hardworking and responsible than their younger counterparts.

My advice! try getting an EDGE that would set you apart in your chosen career, so that when called for an interview you would be chosen. dont forget to hold onto GOD too!

Cheers!!
Re: Age Factor In Employment by donigspain(m): 3:50pm On Feb 12, 2015
[size=28pt]Affidavit[/size] plus clean shave and hair dye.grin grin

DISCLAIMER:
Just a word I've been trying to spell for over two months. Whatever anyone (OP inclusive) makes out of it is solely the responsibility of the said person.

4 Likes

Re: Age Factor In Employment by Giannakopoulos(f): 6:40pm On Feb 12, 2015
mekaboy:
What r the chances of someone who graduated with 2.1 from the uni at age 30 and now 31 looking for a job?

Do companies descriminate based on age in Nigeria?

What advice should such a person be given?
Age is really a concern most times for Engineering & non professional courses,it doesn't really affect Law,Medicine,Nursing,Radiography,Pharmacy,Medical laboratory sciences,though most government agencies don't really look into it,most companies do for entry level jobs.

Now my advice is: get a professional certification like CIPM,ICAN etc,and just get a job experience from smaller firms then apply to big firms as an experienced graduate or go for Msc (if you are interested in lecturing).
Re: Age Factor In Employment by rusher14: 11:54pm On Feb 12, 2015
donigspain:
[size=28pt]Affidavit[/size] plus clean shave and hair dye.grin grin

DISCLAIMER:
Just a word I've been trying to spell for over two months. Whatever anyone (OP inclusive) makes out of it is solely the responsibility of the said person.
Character. grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Graduate Trainee Recruitment At Ciuci Consulting 2015 / Synapeservice: I Need Urgent Answer Please / My Friend Does Not Know What To Do With His Car-advice Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.