Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,996 members, 7,817,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Ekiti Woes Causing Fayose Sleepless Nights - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Woes Causing Fayose Sleepless Nights (1666 Views)

Top 6 News That Are Giving Wailers Sleepless Nights / Buruji Kasamu To Fayose: Leave Aisha Buhari Out Of Your Woes; Face The Issues / Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Woes Causing Fayose Sleepless Nights by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 12, 2015
Ekiti State Governor Ayodele Fayose has said that he
needs about N7.8 bn to settle arrears of
entitlements owed public servants in the state.
The governor said the entitlements included August
and September 2014 salaries of some workers,
subventions due to state-owned institutions and
leave bonuses, among others, owed by the former
Governor Kayode Fayemi’s administration.
Fayose said, “We have about N7.8bn obligation to
workers in the state. The obligations were left
behind by the former administration. Over N2bn as
leave bonus to workers; over N1bn as deductions
from workers’ salaries that the former
administration did not remit; August and September
2014 salaries they did not pay some workers
amounting to over N2bn; and subventions to tertiary
institutions, which is over N2bn as well.

“I don’t know where to start; sometime I cannot
sleep. We did not inherit anything tangible from the
former administration. The six months’ moratorium
from banks that we got will lapse in two months and
when that happens, banks will be deducting N780m
monthly to service the over N31bn loans the former
administration left behind.
“Also, N800m is deducted from our statutory
allocation monthly to service the N25bn bond that
they took. We have approached four banks to borrow
us money to pay at least one month out of the two
months salaries owed some workers. But essential
things must be done. I call for understanding from
people and I am committed to making life better for
the people.”

He said this while inaugurating some projects to
mark his 100 days in office in Ado-Ekiti on Tuesday.
The projects include the rehabilitated Matthew Road,
Ado-Ekiti; Bisi Market; Awedele Road, Ado-Ekiti and
drainages along Ajilosun Road.
Others are 12 ambulances, 19 patrol vans for
security agencies, 20 motorbikes, three tractors and
12 waste collection vehicles.
Fayose said he had to strive hard to execute some
projects and also ensure the prompt payment of
salaries, adding that the debt left behind by the past
adninstration would not be an excuse for him not to
perform his duties and fulfil his electoral promises

www.punchng.com/news/ekiti-owe-workers-n7-8bn-fayose/
Re: Ekiti Woes Causing Fayose Sleepless Nights by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 12, 2015
APC taking over PDP is like Charles Taylor taking over from Samuel Doe.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti Woes Causing Fayose Sleepless Nights by Nobody: 4:08pm On Feb 12, 2015
Apc fans won't say anytin now ooo, if na pdp dem go dhe talk. Thank God I served in ekiti, fayemi emptied d state acct and even borrowed over $18b and left d govt house. Now ekiti is suffering it, and dose apc thugs aint saying anytin.

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti Woes Causing Fayose Sleepless Nights by eposho: 4:18pm On Feb 12, 2015
one day some of these broke a/s/s state will be renamed zenith state /diamond state/ uba state.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Woes Causing Fayose Sleepless Nights by ellechrystal(f): 4:23pm On Feb 12, 2015
Too bad,
Re: Ekiti Woes Causing Fayose Sleepless Nights by Unemadu: 4:24pm On Feb 12, 2015
I fear for Lagos too
Re: Ekiti Woes Causing Fayose Sleepless Nights by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 12, 2015
Re: Ekiti Woes Causing Fayose Sleepless Nights by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 12, 2015
It won't make FP too
Re: Ekiti Woes Causing Fayose Sleepless Nights by EdCure: 4:31pm On Feb 12, 2015
Yet he fails to tell how much he has squandered to buy rice and chicken to fund his "stomach infrastructure".

A failure has many excuses.

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti Woes Causing Fayose Sleepless Nights by focus7: 4:36pm On Feb 12, 2015
Fayose is looking for enough money to gather to run away when Buhari takes over government.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Woes Causing Fayose Sleepless Nights by Skako(m): 4:37pm On Feb 12, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Apc fans won't say anytin now ooo, if na pdp dem go dhe talk. Thank God I served in ekiti, fayemi emptied d state acct and even borrowed over $18b and left d govt house. Now ekiti is suffering it, and dose apc thugs aint saying anytin.
According to the EFCC,Fayose stole N416 million public funds that belong to Ekiti ...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Woes Causing Fayose Sleepless Nights by WisdomFlakes: 4:54pm On Feb 12, 2015
Whenever I think of Fayose, I shake my head in pity for the man. Instead of him to have learned from his past tumultuous stint as governor and calmly settle into a more focused and purposeful term as governor, he rather chose to offend the God that offered him a second chance by stirring more trouble and pursuing a vindictive and volatile course that is bound to cut short his second-coming.

He needs to face the real business of governance and quit distracting himself with the coming presidential elections, wasting Ekiti people's money on useless newspaper adverts while blaming his predecessor for his woes. Fayose, ile'nyo. Aboro la'nso f'omoluabi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Woes Causing Fayose Sleepless Nights by hazyfm1: 4:55pm On Feb 12, 2015
[size=18pt]YOU CAN'T RIG ELECTION AND SLEEP[/size] grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti Woes Causing Fayose Sleepless Nights by raumdeuter: 4:59pm On Feb 12, 2015
Cant you rig those figures too

Or beat up the management of the bank who gave you loans and workers who demand their wages like you normally do

You no get money yet you have enough to post death wish adverts about Buhari in newspapers for a week straight

6 Likes

Re: Ekiti Woes Causing Fayose Sleepless Nights by Sheikwonder(m): 5:28pm On Feb 12, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Fayemi may have left Ekiti state in debt,but to say he borrowed $18 billion is a statement that borders on mendacity...it does not take much to see why your statements may not be taken seriously....

#My2Pence
Re: Ekiti Woes Causing Fayose Sleepless Nights by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 12, 2015
Lol.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Woes Causing Fayose Sleepless Nights by size40: 5:42pm On Feb 12, 2015
while Ekiti workers are being owed salaries and allowances, Fayose is busy using money meant for workers salaries in sponsoring death wish advert on Buhari in all the national dailies and AIT. And now he is crying of not having money to pay salaries.
Re: Ekiti Woes Causing Fayose Sleepless Nights by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 12, 2015
size40:
while Ekiti workers are being owed salaries and allowances, Fayose is busy using money meant for workers salaries in sponsoring death wish advert on Buhari in all the national dailies and AIT. And now he is crying of not having money to pay salaries.

Re: Ekiti Woes Causing Fayose Sleepless Nights by Freetech: 5:52pm On Feb 12, 2015
Fayose the head tout+thug combine. grin
grin There is no truth in him, so when he lie, he is being his real self.

Most of the Project commissioned were Fayemi projects.

The only project you can link to him is 3 tractors and motobike.

I pity Ekiti ppl, they need special prayer of deliverance from stomach infrastructure plague
Re: Ekiti Woes Causing Fayose Sleepless Nights by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 12, 2015
EdCure:
Yet he fails to tell how much he has squandered to buy rice and chicken to fund his "stomach infrastructure".

A failure has many excuses.
and some people will believe this shit?check out his outrageous corruption ways....bought house at banana island,private jet and 43million jeep. lindaikeji..com/2014/10/erm

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of Buhari Supporters In London / (photos) Gov Fayose Spotted At A Local Restaurant. / B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!!! President Jonathan In Early Lead.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.