Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,100 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

You’ve Only One Vote, Jonathan Campaigners Tell Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You’ve Only One Vote, Jonathan Campaigners Tell Obasanjo (619 Views)

2019: Stop Playing God, Northern Youths Tell Obasanjo / Northern Youths Threaten Showdown With ‘anti-buhari’ Campaigners / You Are Not God, Jonathan Campaigners Tell Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You’ve Only One Vote, Jonathan Campaigners Tell Obasanjo by ishiamu(m): 8:44pm On Feb 12, 2015
The Campaign Organisation of President Goodluck Jonathan has described the endorsement of the Presidential Candidate of the rival All Progressives Congress, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari(retd.), by former President Olusegun Obasanjo as unfortunate.

It nevertheless said the former president should know that he had only one vote.

The campaign organisation was reacting to the endorsement of Buhari by the former Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the ruling party in Kenya on Tuesday.

Speaking on Buhari, Obasanjo said the former Head of State was aware of the challenges of Nigeria today and was qualified to rule the country again.

He said he had confident that Buhari would be able to tackle corruption and insecurity effectively if elected

The open endorsement of Buhari by Obasanjo is to the detriment of Jonathan, and the ruling party and Presidency are said to have been jolted by the ex-president’s action.

Though the former President has never hidden his disdain for Jonathan because of the incumbent’s alleged ineffective leadership, it was gathered that the Presidency was of the opinion that Obasanjo would not openly speak on the issue.

Director of Media and Publicity of the PDP Presidential Campaign Organisation, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, however, said in Abuja on Wednesday that Obasanjo was entitled to his opinion.

He said, “I have to confess to you, I have not seen what ex-President Obasanjo said. I have just been told and I haven’t read the text.

“As far as I am concerned, (ex)President Obasanjo is entitled to his opinion. He is a respected member of our society, and we have immense respect for him. This election is about one man, one vote and we should restrict our choices and decisions to ourselves.

“I believe it will be a very sad day indeed, if going by what we all know about General Buhari and what General Obasanjo knows about General Buhari that he will still go out of his way to endorse him for anything and I will be very surprised.

“But we will meet them all at the polls; we will meet on the field and by the grace of God, at the end of it all, those that have endorsed Buhari, of course, they know that President Goodluck Jonathan has come of age and Nigerians will make their choice and we shall win.”

On the laying of siege to the residence of s former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by soldiers, Fani-Kayode said it was not true.

http://www.punchng.com/news/youve-only-one-vote-jonathan-campaigners-tell-obasanjo/
Re: You’ve Only One Vote, Jonathan Campaigners Tell Obasanjo by ishiamu(m): 8:48pm On Feb 12, 2015
Thank you mr ffk, hope you have eaten today cheesy grin grin cheesy grin

Clevvermind, firefire, phockphockman, atlwireless, barcanista, berem, omenka, hazyfm1, ikengawo, ammyluv, nigerianvenom, lrnzh, beebeeooh, lalasticlala, seun, ishilove, mynd44
Re: You’ve Only One Vote, Jonathan Campaigners Tell Obasanjo by SeverusSnape(m): 8:48pm On Feb 12, 2015
Even though Obama and Osama endorses Buhari, He doesn't stand a chance. OBJ And MB are birds of the same feathers, so let them flock together.
Re: You’ve Only One Vote, Jonathan Campaigners Tell Obasanjo by Bashirfuntua(m): 8:50pm On Feb 12, 2015
ok
Re: You’ve Only One Vote, Jonathan Campaigners Tell Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 12, 2015
If Obasanjo has only one vote, why did Jonathan, Muazu and many PDP bigwigs were begging him in the last six months? I can remember David mark, Akpabio, Muazu and others visited him on several occasions in the last few weeks to beg him. Jonathan even tried to beg him for endorsement.

1 Like

Re: You’ve Only One Vote, Jonathan Campaigners Tell Obasanjo by redsun(m): 8:59pm On Feb 12, 2015
Any person that man supports is cursed in a Nigeria that is beginning to tediously embrace reasoning rather than cruelty.

A new dawn.
Re: You’ve Only One Vote, Jonathan Campaigners Tell Obasanjo by Idrismusty97(m): 9:00pm On Feb 12, 2015
Oh! You just remembered OBJ have just one vote after he endorsed Buhari?

1 Like

Re: You’ve Only One Vote, Jonathan Campaigners Tell Obasanjo by clevvermind(m): 9:04pm On Feb 12, 2015
i like Jonathan too much. he is a real man. he doesn't fear anyone when he is doing what is right. he cannot be intimidated. he is fearless and at the time gentle. don't play with this man. all the people calling him clueless are ignorant and blind. he is wiser than you think. up Jonathan, up PDP!!!
Re: You’ve Only One Vote, Jonathan Campaigners Tell Obasanjo by PhockPhockMan: 9:31pm On Feb 12, 2015
I love this endorsement, that will kill what remains of Obasanjo's Phantom power when Jonathan wins.
It will liberate the country from godfatherism.
Re: You’ve Only One Vote, Jonathan Campaigners Tell Obasanjo by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:33am On Feb 13, 2015
They are even regarding OBJ's talk by replying him, as far as I'm concern OBJ is not relevant to Nigeria issues & politics. Besides, he's a living ancestor that shouldn't be taken serious wheneva he talks.. Just watching march 28th very closely
Re: You’ve Only One Vote, Jonathan Campaigners Tell Obasanjo by drkay9: 8:42am On Feb 13, 2015

Re: You’ve Only One Vote, Jonathan Campaigners Tell Obasanjo by ellechrystal(f): 9:20am On Feb 13, 2015
Hahaha, one vote indeed,

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Planning “gbagbo Treatment” For Nigeria — Obasanjo / Sporadic Gun Shot In APC Rally In Rivers State / We’ll Beg Obasanjo, Says Lamido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.