Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Does The Scripture Actually Forbids Christians From Taking Alcohol - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Scripture Actually Forbids Christians From Taking Alcohol (1107 Views)

Who Are The 3 Best Teachers Of The Scripture In Nigeria? / There Is Satanic Agenda To Eliminate Christians From Nigeria –paul Enenche / 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does The Scripture Actually Forbids Christians From Taking Alcohol by wise7(m): 10:11pm On Feb 12, 2015
what does the bible actually say about alcohol (even if its 1percent), a pastor actually said there is not bad about it,but it becomes a sin if it is consumed in excess and you can't control yourself. I asked few friends and some said its a sin no matter the quantity that is consumed.
Re: Does The Scripture Actually Forbids Christians From Taking Alcohol by xreal: 10:13pm On Feb 12, 2015
Pls, where is my bottle of origin?

Thank you.

Bring Alomo join.

1 Like

Re: Does The Scripture Actually Forbids Christians From Taking Alcohol by trisha01(f): 10:15pm On Feb 12, 2015
Re: Does The Scripture Actually Forbids Christians From Taking Alcohol by Skanas(m): 10:25pm On Feb 12, 2015
wise7:
what does the bible actually say about alcohol (even if its 1percent), a pastor actually said there is not bad about it,but it becomes a sin if it is consumed in excess and you can't control yourself. I asked few friends and some said its a sin no matter the quantity that is consumed.
u don forget wetin happen wen Jesus baba and him nigggers storm dat wedding for Cana Na waa for u ooOooOoo

1 Like

Re: Does The Scripture Actually Forbids Christians From Taking Alcohol by Sogen2(f): 10:33pm On Feb 12, 2015
The Bible condemns DRUNKENESS. There is nothing wrong with drinking in moderation.
Re: Does The Scripture Actually Forbids Christians From Taking Alcohol by wise7(m): 10:36pm On Feb 12, 2015
Sogen2:

The Bible condemns DRUNKENESS. There is nothing wrong with drinking in moderation.
why do most pastors condemn alcohol totally,even if its just a bo2 of star
Re: Does The Scripture Actually Forbids Christians From Taking Alcohol by oghalesluv(m): 10:47pm On Feb 12, 2015
star, gulder, guness, harp, origi etc are satan pi(urine) when he has fever and the ogogoro(kiakia) is his pi when he do not fever so i cannot pour them on my Lord Jesus head that is inside of me
Re: Does The Scripture Actually Forbids Christians From Taking Alcohol by Sogen2(f): 11:17pm On Feb 12, 2015
wise7:
why do most pastors condemn alcohol totally,even if its just a bo2 of star

Then that's going beyond what's written. Some people can be real oversabis u know
Re: Does The Scripture Actually Forbids Christians From Taking Alcohol by Nobody: 12:58am On Feb 13, 2015
Genesis 9:21, 19:35.
leviticus 10:9.
Proverbs 31:4-6 PROVERBS 23:29-35
Isaiah 5:11,22
Ezekiel 44:21
Ephesians 5:18
from the verses, above, it's evidently clear that the holy book advices against it especially in excess of it.
Noah, Lot, etc fell for it.
We can also see that special people people of old the priests and the Nazarenes don't take it.
Every believer is a special to God and as such shouldn't taint himself with strong wine and alcohol.
Does the bible specifically states "thou shall not smoke"? i don't think so. But we avoid it because we know the health implications that it kills and moreover, we are the temple of God. Strong drinks has been known to cause much sorrows in peoples' lives, it is also one of the leading cause of death in the developed world. The bible says if any man defile this temple, him shall God destroy, FOR THE TEMPLE OF GOD IS HOLY WHICH TEMPLE YE ARE -1Cor 3:17.
If cigars are bad because they defile us and destroys us then strong drinks and its associates are wrong because, they cause death -Cirrhosis of the liver, redness of the eye, violent and aggressive behaviour etc.
You might say that i take a little, But, you also forget that "a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump"
if actually, you're heavenly minded, you won't debate on this, instead, you'll learn from what happened to the men of old. -1 Cor 10:11. What happened to Noah, Lot, etc?
Even in the contemporary world, what do you observe?
Yes, the Lord turned water into wine and paul told Timothy to take a little wine for his stomach problems, but, you'll agree that not all wines are alcoholic, e.g Eva wine etc.

Do you really want to make heaven, learn from what happened to others.
"But the end of all things is at hand: BE YE THEREFORE SOBER and watch unto prayer" -1Peter 4:7,...5:8
This is not the time to drink and dance but the time to watch unto prayer for our final and eternal redemption.
WATCH AND PRAY..Matthew 26:41a.
Be Prepared.
Re: Does The Scripture Actually Forbids Christians From Taking Alcohol by Nobody: 1:34am On Feb 13, 2015
Don't listen to the brother above me

The Bible admonishes man to take wine, and enjoy his life.
Re: Does The Scripture Actually Forbids Christians From Taking Alcohol by darksuit(m): 1:42am On Feb 13, 2015
Some men of God cam drink a brewery, some dont drink. But Jesus in Cana turned water to wine and the man wey taste am talk say na hin better pass.

Father forgive me, I might not know what i'm doing
Re: Does The Scripture Actually Forbids Christians From Taking Alcohol by Nobody: 1:57am On Feb 13, 2015
MzNelly:

MzNelly:

MzNelly:

AND TAKE HEED TO YOURSELVES, LEST AT ANY TIME, YOUR HEARTS BE OVERCHARGED WITH SURFEITING AND DRUNKNESS, AND CARES OF THIS LIFE, AND SO THAT DAY COMES UPON YOU UNAWARES- LUKE 21:34,
The blessed word of Our Lord Jesus Christ.
bro, who's now deceiving him? Don't cause people to go to hell by your words..you'll also stand in judgment to give account of every idle word of yours
BUT, I SAY UNTO YOU, THAT EVERY IDLE WORD THAT MEN SHALL SPEAK, THEY SHALL GIVE ACCOUNT OF THEREOF IN THE DAY OF JUDGMENT- MATTHEW 12:36.
Don't lead astray.
Re: Does The Scripture Actually Forbids Christians From Taking Alcohol by Nobody: 2:01am On Feb 13, 2015
DPremier:
[color=#770077][/color]
AND TAKE HEED TO YOURSELVES, LEST AT ANY TIME, YOUR HEARTS BE OVERCHARGED WITH SURFEITING AND DRUNKNESS, AND CARES OF THIS LIFE, AND SO THAT DAY COMES UPON YOU UNAWARES- LUKE 21:34,
The blessed word of Our Lord Jesus Christ.
bro, who's now deceiving him? Don't cause people to go to hell by your words..you'll also stand in judgment to give account of every idle word of yours
BUT, I SAY UNTO YOU, THAT EVERY IDLE WORD THAT MEN SHALL SPEAK, THEY SHALL GIVE ACCOUNT OF THEREOF IN THE DAY OF JUDGMENT- MATTHEW 12:36.
Don't lead astray.

Lol, first of all, chiiiil

Second, taking a glass of alcoholic wine won't make me drunk, would it? undecided
The Bible specifically said "drunkenness"

Now, you and I know what the word "drunk" implies, or should I go into details here?
Re: Does The Scripture Actually Forbids Christians From Taking Alcohol by Nobody: 2:07am On Feb 13, 2015
MzNelly:

Second, taking a glass of alcoholic wine won't make me drunk, would it? undecided

Now, you and I know what the word "drunk" implies, or should I go into details here?
MzNelly:

MzNelly:

A LITTLE LEAVEN, LEAVENETH THE WHOLE LUMP.
Re: Does The Scripture Actually Forbids Christians From Taking Alcohol by Nobody: 2:10am On Feb 13, 2015
DPremier:
[color=#990000][/color]

A LITTLE LEAVEN, LEAVENETH THE WHOLE LUMP.

That's where moderation and self discipline come into play. The Bible speaks about this too.

I'm sure you know the Bible warns against gluttony. This doesn't mean we should stop eating all together, now does it? undecided
Re: Does The Scripture Actually Forbids Christians From Taking Alcohol by Nobody: 2:11am On Feb 13, 2015
PROVERBS
23:29-35
PROVERBS
PROVERBS
PROVERBS

Meditate on it.
Re: Does The Scripture Actually Forbids Christians From Taking Alcohol by dolphinheart(m): 2:41am On Feb 13, 2015
DPremier:
Genesis 9:21, 19:35.
leviticus 10:9.
Proverbs 31:4-6 PROVERBS 23:29-35
Isaiah 5:11,22
Ezekiel 44:21
Ephesians 5:18
from the verses, above, it's evidently clear that the holy book advices against it especially in excess of it.
Noah, Lot, etc fell for it.
We can also see that special people people of old the priests and the Nazarenes don't take it.
Every believer is a special to God and as such shouldn't taint himself with strong wine and alcohol.
Does the bible specifically states "thou shall not smoke"? i don't think so. But we avoid it because we know the health implications that it kills and moreover, we are the temple of God. Strong drinks has been known to cause much sorrows in peoples' lives, it is also one of the leading cause of death in the developed world. The bible says if any man defile this temple, him shall God destroy, FOR THE TEMPLE OF GOD IS HOLY WHICH TEMPLE YE ARE -1Cor 3:17.
If cigars are bad because they defile us and destroys us then strong drinks and its associates are wrong because, they cause death -Cirrhosis of the liver, redness of the eye, violent and aggressive behaviour etc.
You might say that i take a little, But, you also forget that "a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump"
if actually, you're heavenly minded, you won't debate on this, instead, you'll learn from what happened to the men of old. -1 Cor 10:11. What happened to Noah, Lot, etc?
Even in the contemporary world, what do you observe?
Yes, the Lord turned water into wine and paul told Timothy to take a little wine for his stomach problems, but, you'll agree that not all wines are alcoholic, e.g Eva wine etc.

Do you really want to make heaven, learn from what happened to others.
"But the end of all things is at hand: BE YE THEREFORE SOBER and watch unto prayer" -1Peter 4:7,...5:8
This is not the time to drink and dance but the time to watch unto prayer for our final and eternal redemption.
WATCH AND PRAY..Matthew 26:41a.
Be Prepared.

Oga, na u holy pass!
Drinking alcohol wunt stop you from gaining eternal life.

Go and read numbers 20:6-7, to see what is used as drink offering to God. And deut 14:26 to see what God said you can do with your tithe money!

Its drunkards that will not inherit Gods kingdom , not those that drink moderately .

And if u advise one not to drink so as not to get drunk , pls advise him not to eat too. Cus gluttons shall not inherit Gods kingdom too o!

(1) (Reply)

Court: Christian Cake Bakers Must Provide Wedding Cakes For Same-sex Couples. / Why Was Jesus Christ Called The Son Of God?. / These Differences Between God And Allah Will Shoke You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.