Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,498 members, 7,830,505 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Christian Group Endorses Buhari, Gives Him Bible - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christian Group Endorses Buhari, Gives Him Bible (440 Views)

Buhari Gives Zahra Out For 12 Gold Coins / Corruption: BUHARI gives EFCC Go Ahead to Probe JONATHAN / APC Group Endorses Dickson Of PDP - Controversial Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christian Group Endorses Buhari, Gives Him Bible by abouyusuf: 2:21am On Feb 13, 2015
The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) was on Thursday in Abuja endorsed by a group of Christians from the northern states for the March 28 poll.

The Christians, under the aegis of the Northern Christian Leaders Eagle-Eye Forum, led by Pastor Aminchi Habu, during the endorsement, presented Buhari with a copy of the Holy Bible.

In an interview shortly after, Buhari said, “This is not the first time I am accepting Holy Bible publicly; this is not the first time. It is not even the second or third time. All these problems people are making because of religion are just of recent time and dimension. We, both Christians and Muslims, have been leading this country and there was no religious problem.

“It is just now that somebody is creating these problems for us. I hope God will look after it. I told you this is not the second or third time I will be accepting Bible. This one (acceptance) is special because of the leadership of the church that made the presentation, that is the only difference. Otherwise, I do receive Bibles, they are in my libraries.”

He promised Nigerians that if given the opportunity to serve the country again he would not promote the religious agenda of anyone.

Buhari, who used the opportunity to clear the air on some of the allegations against him on religious matter, told the gathering that though a practising Muslim, he never belonged nor shared the views of any extremist group.

He said, “Let me state this categorically, that I, Muhammadu Buhari, as an individual, and as president of this great country by the grace of God, given the opportunity to serve, have no personal religious agenda. And I will not entertain, consider or promote the religious agenda of anyone. I will not condone any initiative that seeks to promote one religion over the other. Neither I, nor my party, or any member of my team has any desire or plan to Islamise or Christianise Nigeria or support anyone with such intention.

“Although I am a practising Muslim and I have been so all my life but I have never belonged to, nor shared the views of, any extremist group. I am not even a cleric. I believe that religion is personal and private.”

http://naijaroof.com/2015/02/13/christian-grou…ri-gives-bible

http://www.punchng.com/news/christian-group-endorses-buhari-gives-him-bible/

1 Like

Re: Christian Group Endorses Buhari, Gives Him Bible by Nobody: 2:36am On Feb 13, 2015
Abeg no let saTanist hear am, dis news fit cause dem hypertension. grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Angrily Tears PDP Membership Card In Public / Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? By Shehu Dikko / The Last Cabal Against Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.